PDA

View Full Version : Mark McGwire is crying on tv now.........

Rod-64
03-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Steroids.........the hearings are on. CNN, MSNBC, Etc.

UnionJack
03-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Big deal their entertainers, I don't care what they do to hit the ball

JustMVG
03-17-2005, 12:01 PM
I thought there was no crying in baseball?? Or has he realized that his endorsement deals and autograph session monies are going to bottom out as he speaks!!!

PlyaPlya22
03-17-2005, 12:08 PM
They sure as hell weren't crying when they were injecting themselves :idea:

JustMVG
03-17-2005, 12:11 PM
They sure as hell weren't crying when they were injecting themselves :idea:
And collecting those big azz bonuses!!!

PlyaPlya22
03-17-2005, 12:13 PM
And collecting those big azz bonuses!!!
You ain't lying on that one :D Now they want to make is seem like it's a addiciton or problem. She they knew the job (steroids) was dangerous when they took it.

Havasu Hangin'
03-17-2005, 12:30 PM
So you guys are saying that as much as they get paid...the least they could do is put a few holes in their livers?
I like it...

PlyaPlya22
03-17-2005, 12:36 PM
So you guys are saying that as much as they get paid...the least they could do is put a few holes in their livers?
I like it...
You gotta call it like you see it!!

Powerquestboy
03-17-2005, 12:37 PM
I think all these guys need to get down on there hands and knees and make a public appology to the baseball greats like Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays etc. whos Homerun records were shattered by these jokers. Those guys did naturally, with shitty bats and balls. Hell Babe was hung over most his games.

JustMVG
03-17-2005, 12:54 PM
I think all these guys need to get down on there hands and knees and make a public appology to the baseball greats like Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays etc. whos Homerun records were shattered by these jokers. Those guys did naturally, with shitty bats and balls. Hell Babe was hung over most his games.
Here Here!!!!
The sad fact is that after the trend of taking steroids started and nothing was being done about it, and then became the "norm" they needed or said they needed to keep on taking them to keep their jobs, the heck with the whole role model thing and the apple pie America image the league wants to promote. Can't blame the players as much as the owners too, hey most of them knew about it, but the revenue was too great to stop it. Greed Greed greed all the way 'round....

Havasu_Dreamin
03-17-2005, 12:57 PM
While I wonder why Congress is even getting involved in this, I can't help but think that baseballs anti-trust exemption might be revoked. This certainly taints the sport more than anyone can imagine. But will the fans even care about it?

Essex502
03-17-2005, 01:03 PM
While I wonder why Congress is even getting involved in this, I can't help but think that baseballs anti-trust exemption might be revoked. This certainly taints the sport more than anyone can imagine. But will the fans even care about it?
Nope. They didn't care when Baseball went on strike. Went right back to the ballparks. Fans are dumb. Same with Hockey...when it starts back up in a coupla' years, fans will be lined up.

BarryMac
03-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Should Mark and Barry have atericks next to the records??? Absofreakinglutely, if it wasn't for the roids they never would have broken the record...

Havasu_Dreamin
03-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Nope. They didn't care when Baseball went on strike. Went right back to the ballparks. Fans are dumb.
I think you're right. The integrity of the game has been called into question, the only real hope MLB has to salvage any of it, IMHO, is to go to an Olympics type testing policy. If fans did turn away in mass numbers, the sad thing is that the guys that did not cheat will feel the impacts, and already are. Guilty by association I guess.

Essex502
03-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Should Mark and Barry have atericks next to the records??? Absofreakinglutely, if it wasn't for the roids they never would have broken the record...
Is their CHEATING any worse than corked bats? Or Pete Rose gambling? Strip the records IF it can be proven that they took performance enhancing drugs.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes, they most definitely should. If Roger Maris had an asterisk because MLB decided to lengthen the season, completely out of Maris' hands, then they should as well. Those two chose to use roids. IDGAF if the asterisk is gone now from Maris' record, those two should have one.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Is their CHEATING any worse than corked bats? Or Pete Rose gambling? Strip the records IF it can be proven that they took performance enhancing drugs.
Well, the corked bat thing is just as bad, but certainly harder to prove. As far as Rose gambling, that was an off-field issue and occurred while he was a manager. IMHO it should have no bearing on his accomplishments as a player.

Rod-64
03-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Is it me or do you think Mark Mcgwire and James Hetfield of Metallica look like they could be brothers. :D

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 01:38 PM
He just got kind of cornered into taking the 5th.
I am just here to talk positively about the future nothing about the past... :yuk:

phebus
03-17-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm blaming society. It's all your faults!! Rat bastards, how do you sleep at night. :D :clover:

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm blaming society. It's all your faults!! Rat bastards, how do you sleep at night. :D :clover:
Yeah, anyone but themselves... can't be them!!! :idea:

OGShocker
03-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Watch it LIVE! (http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?channel=i_video&clip=LiveWebCast&BaseName=livenews&title=Live$@$Coverage&castNum=1&mediaType=wmv)