PDA

View Full Version : GM Rebates How High!

cdog
03-17-2005, 04:40 PM
So i've got a deal on a fully loaded 4X4 Chevy Duramax HD Crew Cab LT with the sun roof and all the good stuff for $43,600. - the final four rebate 2k - my gm card points 2.5k = $39,100. How good of a deal is that. Do you think the rebates will get better? If so by how much? I know Jay gets great deals, but this is from a friend of mine in new mexico.

mmered8299
03-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Ehhh....sounds like its marked up 4g too much.

sigepmock
03-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Did you check with Jay Photoglou????? He'll give ya the straight answer.
Chris

cdog
03-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Ehhh....sounds like its marked up 4g too much.
Wow! your sayin I should be able to get the truck for $39,600? Where at?

hoolign
03-17-2005, 04:46 PM
I heard the NEW GM rebate consists of a ford in the spare tire compartment :p

cdog
03-17-2005, 04:48 PM
I heard the NEW GM rebate consists of a ford in the spare tire compartment :p
Ha! I've never been Found On Road Dead. Let's not make this a ford/chevy thing. I need info.

hoolign
03-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Ha! I've never been Found On Road Dead. Let's not make this a ford/chevy thing. I need info.
copy that! ..I'll wait till you have gathered the appropriate amount of info! :D

mmered8299
03-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Wow! your sayin I should be able to get the truck for $39,600? Where at?
Here in Vegas I always call up to St. George, Utah, do a deal on the phone and then they deliever it. Try to make deals towards the end of the year.

MagicMtnDan
03-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Unless your friend in NM is going to order the vehicle for you from the factory (built with the options you choose), you may not get a California truck. You should check it out because if you're buying off the lot out of state you could have some headaches with smog, taxes, registration, whatever. And then there's shipping cost too (unless it's a courtesy dealer shipment from the factory to a local dealer).
You should thank your friend and shop around (use the Internet too). And be sure to talk to Jay - it's only a phone call. :clover:

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 04:57 PM
you may not get a California truck.
Good point! Good reason to use his address and register it in New Mexico... :220v:

99 232 baja
03-17-2005, 05:00 PM
So i've got a deal on a fully loaded 4X4 Chevy Duramax HD Crew Cab LT with the sun roof and all the good stuff for $43,600. - the final four rebate 2k - my gm card points 2.5k = $39,100. How good of a deal is that. Do you think the rebates will get better? If so by how much? I know Jay gets great deals, but this is from a friend of mine in new mexico.you should wait until near the end of the month the deals usually get better. You don't have anyone who works for GM who could get you a discount do you ?

INSman
03-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Assuming the "Final Four" rebate may only be good till the end of the month, and that this truck probably stickers for $48k+, and that they historically do not discount or rebate the turbo diesels, I would have to say that is a smokin' deal.
jay for sure would be able to confirm or refute this

NorCal Gameshow
03-17-2005, 05:14 PM
GM buypower is showing a 4K rebate w/ GM
financing .... did that truck sticker @ about 50K??
I had a little fun on their website :wink:
Your Vehicle: 2005 Silverado 2500HD
Selected Style: Crew Cab Long Box
4x4 LT
Exterior: Black
Interior: Dark Charcoal Custom Leather Seat Inserts
Total MSRP:* $49,464.00
MSRP: $41,580.00
Color & Options: $7,884.00
Dealer Installed Options: $0.00

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Of course vehicles are cheaper in every other state...
TOO BAD YOU CAN NOT REGISTER THAT VEHICLE IN THIS STATE....
If you order a vehicle in another state and you request a california vehicle, i assure you the price will skyrocket....

cdog
03-17-2005, 05:32 PM
GM buypower is showing a 4K rebate w/ GM
financing .... did that truck sticker @ about 50K??
I had a little fun on their website :wink:
Your Vehicle: 2005 Silverado 2500HD
Selected Style: Crew Cab Long Box
4x4 LT
Exterior: Black
Interior: Dark Charcoal Custom Leather Seat Inserts
MSRP: $41,580.00
Color & Options: $7,884.00
Dealer Installed Options: $0.00
Hey, that's a good deal. I think it sticker'd at $48,900.

cdog
03-17-2005, 05:40 PM
If you order a vehicle in another state and you request a california vehicle, i assure you the price will skyrocket....
I've bought 3 so far from new mexico.........No problems!

Ivan Dan
03-17-2005, 05:43 PM
So i've got a deal on a fully loaded 4X4 Chevy Duramax HD Crew Cab LT with the sun roof and all the good stuff for $43,600. - the final four rebate 2k - my gm card points 2.5k = $39,100. How good of a deal is that. Do you think the rebates will get better? If so by how much? I know Jay gets great deals, but this is from a friend of mine in new mexico.
Is that OTD? If so thats a great price just becareful as mentioned about the out of state trucks which would be a BIG hassle. I think if you could get it for $42-43k or below OTD your in GREAT shape. You figure there is about $3000+ in taxes and another $700 or so in reg.

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 05:43 PM
I've bought 3 so far from new mexico.........No problems!
So basically you are coming into the state and signing a legal document(forgery) and think it is ok.... If you are not committing a crime, let me in on the secret, I will start buying out of state legally also....
Also you better check the new laws that went into effect Jan 01,05... They are very strict and hard to by pass, but it can still be done....

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 05:46 PM
So basically you are coming into the state and signing a legal document(forgery) and think it is ok.... If you are not committing a crime, let me in on the secret, I will start buying out of state legally also....
Also you better check the new laws that went into effect Jan 01,05... They are very strict and hard to by pass, but it can still be done....
Well, you know it seems like you could at the very least end up paying sales tex in New Mexico and Use Tax (sales tax) in California... I don't know how you would be able to skirt that.

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 05:54 PM
DIRECT FROM THE CHP WEBSITE
Did you know that the State of California loses millions of dollars a year in revenue from California residents who unlawfully register their vehicles in other states or countries?
Did you know that vehicle registration fees are due immediately upon accepting employment or establishing residency in the State of California?
Did you know that California law permits only 20 days to complete the process of registering your vehicle without paying a penalty?
The three most common reasons for not completing the registration process are:
People are unaware of California registration laws.
People are evading payments of registration fees and taxes.
People are unable to comply with air pollution control laws. Please use this link to report vehicles you believe belong to California residents but are not properly registered.
Include the following information:
State or province in which vehicle is registered
Vehicle license number
Date and time the vehicle was observed
Make, model and color of the vehicle
Location where the vehicle was observed (street(s) and city)
Any additional comments and descriptive information

cdog
03-17-2005, 05:56 PM
I've got a AZ ID card and a home in tucson. You still have to pay sales tax in ca. Az tax is 7.5 so you pay the differance .25% in ca. Then they make you weigh it and inspect it by the dmv. That get's er done.
O ,by the way you have to pay cash when you buy the truck to get out of payin tax in the state you buy it from. The only reason I have done it this way is because this guy has given me the best deals by at least 5k or more on my other trucks and suburban.

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 06:02 PM
What you just said works according to you, I will not doubt that...
But what you are doing is what and why
oh and by the way you are signing a form and signing a false statement to do what you are doing.... all to save a couple of bucks....

BoatPI
03-17-2005, 06:26 PM
The key is that the truck needs to be 50 State emissions compliant. All dealers pay the same, but regional rebates can vary a bit. As an example MBZ makes nearly every vehicle a 50State car now.
But CA has a strict diesel emissions standard, much different, and our warranty is MUCH LONGER for emissions. Check with Jay but I beleive the truck needs to be deliverd in CA to be eligble for the warranty, 100,000 miles.

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 06:39 PM
The key is that the truck needs to be 50 State emissions compliant. All dealers pay the same, but regional rebates can vary a bit. As an example MBZ makes nearly every vehicle a 50State car now.
But CA has a strict diesel emissions standard, much different, and our warranty is MUCH LONGER for emissions. Check with Jay but I beleive the truck needs to be deliverd in CA to be eligble for the warranty, 100,000 miles.
knowing how much repairs can be on those things, the extra couple grand would be worth the added warranty IMHO!

cdog
03-17-2005, 10:57 PM
So there's a 100k mile warranty on the deisels?
Kilrtroy, Man you must allways think the worst of people. The reason I buy my trucks from this guy so far is because of the deals. The chevrolet in redlands wanted 39k to order my 01 hd and I got it thru this guy for 34. And yes I was able to order it with CA emmisions. Same with my 03 Sub, chev in Anaheim Hills wanted 45k for it and I paid 35. Ordered with ca emmisions also. Now it's perfectly legal to pay tax anywhere I damm well choose to and CA gets the diff of .25%. F CA they get enough of my money. Secondly I have saved an average of 7k on each purchase when you include the purchase price and the tax's on less of a purchase price. How the hell is that illegal?????????

Flying Tiger
03-17-2005, 11:02 PM
The answer to the orig question is yes, the rebates will get better, and you can negotiate for a better price.

cdog
03-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Nope. Zero price differance on the emmisions package.

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 11:17 PM
If you buy a vehicle in another state and bring it into the state with less than 7500 miles and with in 12 months of the purchase date and you are a resident of this state. ALL TAXES AND FEES ARE DUE....... not this .25% you are paying... Full taxes are due. That for one is where you are cheating, your statement not mine
I know exactly what you are doing, you said so a few post back..
Now I just bought the same truck as you and it cost me 40,800 plus tax and license.... The way I look at it, you saved $1,100.....
but how much time and money did it cost you to go thru all this from new mexico.......
yes there are a few legal loop holes, I will not explain how to beat the system.....
I dont think the worst of people, I read what they write and I form educated, well informed decsions....
in this case it is wrong...
If you like there is this thing called the California Vehicle Code Start reading with 4000VC and that will lead you to every section explaining what you are doing is wrong.....
These arent my rules, these are the rules set forth with...
The correct way
buy it out of state as a 50 state vehicle, bring it to cali and pay all taxes and fees due. To avoid paying taxes in these other states, New Mexico and Arizona, You need to appply for and get a one trip permit to use their road ways to gain access to california. Within 20 days of arrival of such said vehicle pay the required fees...

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Nope. Zero price differance on the emmisions package.
Now that I find hard to believe, it cost more to make vehicles for cali due to emission requirements...

cdog
03-17-2005, 11:30 PM
If you buy a vehicle in another state and bring it into the state with less than 7500 miles and with in 12 months of the purchase date and you are a resident of this state. ALL TAXES AND FEES ARE DUE....... not this .25% you are paying... Full taxes are due. That for one is where you are cheating, your statement not mine
I know exactly what you are doing, you said so a few post back..
Now I just bought the same truck as you and it cost me 40,800 plus tax and license.... The way I look at it, you saved $1,100.....
but how much time and money did it cost you to go thru all this from new mexico.......
yes there are a few legal loop holes, I will not explain how to beat the system.....
I dont think the worst of people, I read what they write and I form educated, well informed decsions....
in this case it is wrong...
If you like there is this thing called the California Vehicle Code Start reading with 4000VC and that will lead you to every section explaining what you are doing is wrong.....
These arent my rules, these are the rules set forth with...
The correct way
buy it out of state as a 50 state vehicle, bring it to cali and pay all taxes and fees due. To avoid paying taxes in these other states, New Mexico and Arizona, You need to appply for and get a one trip permit to use their road ways to gain access to california. Within 20 days of arrival of such said vehicle pay the required fees...
So if it's illegal then why is it when I go to the DMV and show them a recipt from the dealer with AZ tax and the sales amount, the dmv makes me pay the .25% differance, inspect it and then weight it. And it's done. The only issue is waiting for my truck to be built at the factory. They deliver it at no cost to my door step. It's actually no trouble at all. See I think what your saying maybe true in some instances. Like if a car or truck does not have ca emmissions. They cannot tax you twice, They can just make you pay the differance. That would be double taxation. So far here's how it works. I call the guy order the truck, fax the info ,give a 500 dollar deposit on it. When it comes in they ship it to me ,I pay with a bank check and get my recipt. simple. Go to get a certified weight and then to the dmv to get plates and pay the .25% in tax.

cdog
03-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Now that I find hard to believe, it cost more to make vehicles for cali due to emission requirements...
What can I say. Why would I lie. I got this info from the dealer. He said there were no differances in price. I'd bet that the emmissions costs are absorbed by all states. What I do know is saving 5-6 grand is good news. As of now Jay maybe the man, but that was'nt a option on my last three trucks.

78Southwind
03-17-2005, 11:38 PM
:idea:

cdog
03-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Loop holes are legal right. Why would you not explain. I thought we were all friends. :D

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Everything you are saying is correct,
Im curious why they dont send you to the CHP to have it inspected Which is required and why SARB is also not inspecting your vehicle.....
Something isnt adding up here....
Either way, you do it , it works, good for you.....
as far as tax . that is crystal clear.... Im not referring to you, but to how all this gets by the dmv, sacramento , STFB....
Im not agruing this point , It was simply a discussion on something im extremely versed in, as you are in real estate...

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Good night, we will discuss other things in the future, have a great weekend as I hope to do the same...

cdog
03-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Everything you are saying is correct,
Im curious why they dont send you to the CHP to have it inspected Which is required and why SARB is also not inspecting your vehicle.....
Something isnt adding up here....
Either way, you do it , it works, good for you.....
as far as tax . that is crystal clear.... Im not referring to you, but to how all this gets by the dmv, sacramento , STFB....
Im not agruing this point , It was simply a discussion on something im extremely versed in, as you are in real estate...
They have some old lady at the dmv check it out. More or less look for the CA Emmissions sticker. And that's it. I have to do everything legal because of the whole real estate thing. I think I might possably have had to get it smoged too.

duffster
03-18-2005, 06:41 AM
Out Of State Vehicles-
The best way to get around the DMV inspection is to pay for a private licensed vehicle inspector to come to your house the cost is around $60 and they do not give a crap about how much it's worth. Once they sign off your as good as gold at the local DMV and anything will pass you can say you paid 10k. Believe me I had nightmares about having to show someone at the DMV or AAA my truck and not pay for the big tax$$. As for the weight just take it to your local recycle center and have them put it on the the scales the cost is around $20 for the certificate. Jay knows about all of the crap I had to go through but once you have a direction it's easy.

INSman
03-18-2005, 06:45 AM
Hey, I want to throw my .02c in here !!!!!!
Oh wait, I don't have the .02c, never mind :D :D :D

haulina29
03-18-2005, 07:30 AM
You can order a car from any where you want as long as you pay the tax when you register in the required time frame where you live its perfectly legal .All the out of state registration stuff is just looking for trouble . But to say you cannot order a truck from New Mexico is wrong . I just bought a new motorhome from the factory in Indiana and the great state of California took my 36k check for tax and liscense with pleasure .

haulina29
03-18-2005, 07:35 AM
CDOG what you are saying is correct Im not sure about the az tax part but everythong else is correct emmissions and all . I had to have a leo sign off my vin numbers and get a weight tag and pay the solano county sales tax rate . Nothing illegal about it .

cdog
03-18-2005, 08:20 AM
AZ is where I took delivery for two of my trucks. I paid AZ sales tax and paid the rest when I reg. them in CA. Mabey I threw too many details in there.

BoatPI
03-18-2005, 08:58 AM
As far as the out of state vehicles in CA and the inspection...
1. DMV will do a VIN inspection as part of the reg transaction. ALL vehicles arriving from pout of state MUST have their VIN's verified. Discrepancies and all light trailers without a VIN will be "CHP refered".
2. ANY peace officer in CA may complete the VIN inspection form with the owner using that at the DMV.
3. A licensed VIN Verifier can do the same as a peace officer for VIN verifications. Most of these folks work for auto dealerships.