PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood wired remote and Alpine HU?

survey76
03-17-2005, 05:43 PM
We've got a Kenwood HU and wired remotes in our boat right now (came in the boat) and we're not real fond of the Kenwood stuff. I'd much rather have a good Alpine HU, but I'm not sure if the Kenwood stuff can control the Alpine HUs. Does Alpine make the wired remotes? Are they the same/similar size?
Thanks...
-Dan

ROZ
03-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Wired remotes are usually MFG specific. The reason I say usually is that the new Pioneers and Sonys both work with the Access Tech wired marine remote...
Alpine does not have a wired marine remote.
Pac sells a product called the SC1 Ir repeater system that will allow the Access tech remote to work the Alpine... Go to Pac-audio.com for more information.... You could also do a search on this site with the model number and pull up some good info...

survey76
03-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks Roz. Sounds like I'll deal with the Kenwood stuff for the time being. Just wish we could hook the iPod up to it somehow...
-Dan

ROZ
03-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks Roz. Sounds like I'll deal with the Kenwood stuff for the time being. Just wish we could hook the iPod up to it somehow...
-DanWe haven't carried Kenwood in a few years, but I do know that they use to make a coiple aux adaptors.
One was the KCAs120a that ran 2 changers plus had an AUX input. The other was a CAC1aux that was just an aux input adaptor for use when aux source is your only source...... Do a search at Kenwoodusa.com or Google to see if they still have them. That could be your solution...

survey76
03-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Well, I found this while surfing the net. Looks like it's not available yet, but from what little I've seen they're talking about an April release, so that would work out just fine.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-T6jcmGX6V52/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=113IP500&id=morephotos&a=&s=0&cc=01&g=227550#morephotos
You know if the sound quality is that much better with the RCAs vs. the FM modulator?
Thanks,
Dan