PDA

View Full Version : Best place to Camp on Parker Strip

glamisbum
04-24-2006, 10:16 AM
We are looking for a new campground to try on the Parker Strip. We usually stay at River Lodge Resort, but we want to try something further South.
We like to leave the boats in the water over night and we need 50 AMP receptacles.
Please give me your opinions.
Thank you in advance.

TheLurker
04-24-2006, 10:34 AM
My favorite when I used to camp in Parker was Buckskin.
The scenery can’t be beat. I don’t know about "the50 AMP receptacles "but they have everything else you could possibly need. Their ramp sucks a little though.

glamisbum
04-24-2006, 11:08 AM
What do you guys think about Emerald Cove?

HM
04-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Buckskin is my favorite too. Ramp is a little dodgy and steep, so 4WD is almost mandatory.
I have heard mixed results about Emerald, but everyone seems to agree on one thing - You need to love being around lake lice.

glamisbum
04-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Lake Lice? That is a new one for me. So what is Lake Lice?

OCMerrill
04-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Personal Water Craft

boatnam2
04-24-2006, 01:51 PM
we just started going to emerald it is a membership park.if you have kids it is great.they have pools and a snack bar and will baby sit with all kinds of kid games and food.they seem to be getting a little strict but not to bad.mostly on all the teens prowling in there golf carts.

OCMerrill
04-24-2006, 01:58 PM
We used to be Echo Lodge regulars (practilly grew up ther in the 70's and 80's but over the last several years its getting hard to go there. Busy, Busy, Busy.
We like river lodge camp ground but the current is tough and the beach is all rocks. Couple of reservations in July and August now.
I agree Buckskin is cool but having a Motorhome that launch ramp is difficult and it's not down river.
Fox's has a pretty nice RV Park and run a nice place but very little beach. Some of the better beach is Lapaz Park but that is generator time and campin with the crazies.
The further down river you go the less water level swing at night that's for sure. The best of all worlds for me just isn't there but I am not complaining.

Wmc
04-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Riverland Resort is great. They have a game room, sandy beach with docs (1st come, 1st serve) full store, clean restrooms with showers, gas dock and launch ramp. We have a place there and keep our boat out in the water all weekend. They also have 50 amp receptacles.

Prop Rod
04-24-2006, 03:09 PM
we most times stay at the camp ground directly across from the fire station, del rio, i think is the name. We have always had great luck. Not sure on the 50 amp service though, for some reason i think its 30 amp. Never had any problems with the motor home. Launch ramp it pretty good and water level changes is slight.

TCHB
04-24-2006, 03:28 PM
1, Emerald Cove is very crowded and the guy who runs it (Brian) is a ass.
I would stay at Riverland on the waterfront.

tamalewagon
04-27-2006, 01:59 PM
We've been staying at Buckskin for the better part of 15 years. It's got a gameroom, restaurant, store and it's a nice RV park. I agree that the ramp is somewhat interesting, but I've never had a problem retrieving or launching my boat with my motorhome.

WUTWZAT
05-01-2006, 11:45 PM
We have a fifth wheel a little upstream from Buckskin, and a mobile on the water but really do enjoy Buckskin for the gas dock and pizza. As far as being able to camp, Buckskins the way to go, if you have a motorhome or fifth wheel and need hookups try CastleRock Shores just north of Buckskin on the highway.
castlerockshores.com
Jason

Dave4XTC
05-02-2006, 07:02 AM
We stay all summer at Foxes, great place I can stumble back to the trailer and not have to worry about driving the boat

tamalewagon
05-02-2006, 01:32 PM
We have are trailer over at Castle Rock and so far we love it. Nice park with it own little marina and a gas station and store right across the street :p
Castle Rock (http://www.castlerockshores.com/)
Are you and Mrs. Knucklehead going to be there in the June 20-25 area? If so, there will be quite a few folks from ISL at Buckskin. C'mon down.

WUTWZAT
05-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Our 5th wheel is on a pad on the water pretty much from May thru October in Castlerock Shores. We are towards the north end of the park, once you hit the launch ramp turn right and we are at the end. I guess they did that so we could make all the noise we want, plus we have some pretty cool neighbors.
Look for the Wilderness Tahoe with the two slide outs, three A/C's and the satelittle dishes. And usually 3-4 boats stacked up around it. :crossx:
Jason

DUNDUN
05-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Our spot is Buckskin.. They have a store, restaraunt, arcade, cabannas, a little playground park thing, its a good place. We used to stay at Sunshine Resort on the CA side.. it was formerly Tom's Landing but they didnt make any money off tent camping so now it is just an RV park.