PDA

View Full Version : Here is a happy read, were out of oil!!!

bigq
03-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Very gloom and doom, but true? :(
http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

MagicMtnDan
03-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Yup, we're running out of oil. Always have been and always will be.
Oh, and the world is warming, the ice caps are gonna melt and Las Vegas will be a seaside resort.
Don't forget about the hole in the ozone layer.
And the giant meteor that's going to collide with the earth and end life as we know it.
We're DOOOOOOOOOMED! :D

Sleek-Jet
03-17-2005, 11:01 PM
The guy sounds like an anarchist more than anything... :confused:

Flying Tiger
03-17-2005, 11:11 PM
PBS did a teriffic documentary called:
"The World Is Full Of Oil"
In it, a Geologist proved the worlds unknown reserves far far exceed the known reserves.
On top all that, he dug and found oil in Sweden, and Japan.
A teriffic documentary for Chicken littles.
This planet is a flying gastank.

WYRD
03-17-2005, 11:11 PM
lets all go to the river and have one last kick ass party :D :D

bigq
03-17-2005, 11:21 PM
I don't know about all the doomsday crap, but if you think we can substain the pace of consumption the world is using now and even in the future I think that is a mistake. The crude is not renewable and when it is gone that is it. I just don't understand why we don't start moving to something that is close to it. We should be moving to methanol, products that can be run in engines today and use current infrastructure we have. We use coal to make these things and the US has a few hundred years of coal that we wouldn't need to import from outside countries. It makes no since to me why we persist with the crude oil. :clover:

Sleek-Jet
03-17-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't know about all the doomsday crap, but if you think we can substain the pace of consumption the world is using now and even in the future I think that is a mistake. The crude is not renewable and when it is gone that is it. I just don't understand why we don't start moving to something that is close to it. We should be moving to methanol, products that can be run in engines today and use current infrastructure we have. We use coal to make these things and the US has a few hundred years of coal that we wouldn't need to import from outside countries. It makes no since to me why we persist with the crude oil. :clover:
Try and open a new coal mine (hell, any mine), and the gov't will make the site a monument/wilderness area/roadless area.... Escalante/Grand Staircase anyone???
Ban mining, let the bastards freeze to death in the dark... :D

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 11:46 PM
"
This planet is a flying gastank.
This is one of the best qoutes i have ever heard

bigq
03-17-2005, 11:46 PM
They have many new power plants that are generated from clean coal with more in the future. We can extract what we need for the Methanol for many products including transportation and fuel cells.Plus we have a shit load of it. I am sure politics and money will get in the way. :idea: