PDA

View Full Version : Can I get an honest answer???

BarryMac
03-18-2005, 11:05 AM
I've been hearing rumors that someone is whining about a HB clique, is there or do you think that there is a clique here on HB, you know kinda like in HS, the preps in one corner, jocks in the other and the stoners out in the courtyard. Please give me your opinions...

Keithb87
03-18-2005, 11:07 AM
I thought a clique was a measurement of distance... like 1 Kilometer = 1 clique. :hammerhea

ratso
03-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Yes... definitely. If you can get into Kilrtoys group then you got it made. :D

Kim Hanson
03-18-2005, 11:08 AM
I've been hearing rumors that someone is whining about a HB clique, is there or do you think that there is a clique here on HB, you know kinda like in HS, the preps in one corner, jocks in the other and the stoners out in the courtyard. Please give me your opinions...
Well all I can say if there is one,I sure the hell ain't in it ! Maybe my pm,s aren't working or broke.........( . )( . ).........Also where are the people standing around the cooler section :( :D

Jbb
03-18-2005, 11:16 AM
It was discussed at length in the Secret Clique Forum...and the answer is....No!

Boat Loan Guy
03-18-2005, 11:19 AM
If there is one can I be with the stoners.... :rollside:

HCS
03-18-2005, 11:20 AM
What if you don't mind.
Sit in the corner with tha dunce hat.http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/slim2g/Ink_Pee.gif

a catered life
03-18-2005, 11:22 AM
hell yea there one here its called "people with boats" lol :D to be more serious i felt that same way when i first joined the boards. some times you comment on something or ask a question and no response but maybe a more popular person ask the same question and he/she gets a shit load of answers. but i learned its not a clique its just real friends that have partied together and respect each other. i have found nothing but love on the boards and the ones i have meet from here are great. if any couple could be the official hb spokescouple i would nominate the the JBR"S or the Luvnlife's. Two of the greatest couples i have ever meet. me being the total opposite of your average boater :jawdrop: i always get a funny look when i go anywhere that deals with boating but from the board members i get nothing but love. i will agee i dont get invited to many parties and dont get pm'ed a lot but i dont know many of these folks like that. so who ever thinks there is a clique here just say yes........... the one's who party together and the ones who are waiting to party with them

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-18-2005, 11:24 AM
meet me in the courtyard!

WYRD
03-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Does this mean that I am gonna get shoved in the lockers again or locked in the girls restroom? I thought I gave all that up in jr. High! :yuk: :p

BarryMac
03-18-2005, 11:26 AM
hell yea there one here its called "people with boats" lol :D to be more serious i felt that same way when i first joined the boards. some times you comment on something or ask a question and no response but maybe a more popular person ask the same question and he/she gets a shit load of answers. but i learned its not a clique its just real friends that have partied together and respect each other. i have found nothing but love on the boards and the ones i have meet from here are great. if any couple could be the official hb spokescouple i would nominate the the JBR"S or the Luvnlife's. Two of the greatest couples i have ever meet. me being the total opposite of your average boater :jawdrop: i always get a funny look when i go anywhere that deals with boating but from the board members i get nothing but love. i will agee i dont get invited to many parties and dont get pm'ed a lot but i dont know many of these folks like that. so who ever thinks there is a clique here just say yes........... the one's who party together and the ones who are waiting to party with them
That is a great answer ACL... :D

RiverOtter
03-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Well... DUH!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-18-2005, 11:30 AM
I dam near shed a tear ............

a catered life
03-18-2005, 11:33 AM
lol :rollside:

Her454
03-18-2005, 11:33 AM
I was told I was in one not too long ago LMAO..............;) And now Im going to ask if Forkin Crazy can join since he's been so nice.................. lately.............. :D :D :D

WYRD
03-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Does anybody know who wrote this ???????????????LOL :D :D

Mrs Luvnlife
03-18-2005, 11:43 AM
if any couple could be the official hb spokescouple i would nominate the the JBR"S or the Luvnlife's.
Awww....I'll take that as a compliment....thanks Willie!! ;) You can be in my clique any day. :D :D
I check out the few threads that are of interest to me and post when I feel the need and I think after time you kinda know who you hit it off with and who you dont. I'm sure there's a few on here that believe they are better than the rest!! :notam:

GrapeApe
03-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Barry... We have our Martinez, Pruitt, Fishers, Hidden Shores Clique.. We have our Mayor "Screamin Pete", our Local Hottie/Sandbar Dancer "Avenger Babe". The Tire Kicker, can I bum a Ride to the Sand Bar "Tobtek". Although he tries very hard to fit in with the Cat & Tunnel guys... :D Your Local Party Starters/Shit Starters, "Brady Bunch" & "Me".. :cool: Our Law enforcement Officer/Owner of Screamin Petes GirlFriend "Copper"... Cant forget our River Financial Planner "Lightning"...Who else wants to join...? :D
*** Grape Ape ***

WYRD
03-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Barry... We have our Martinez, Fishers, Hidden Shores Clique.. We have our Mayor "Screamin Pete", our Local Hottie/Sandbar Dancer "Avenger Babe". The Tire Kicker, can I bum a Ride to the Sand Bar "Tobtek". Although he tries very hard to fit in with the Cat & Tunnel guys... :D Your Local Party Starters/Shit Starters, "Brady Bunch" & "Me".. :cool: Our Law enforcement Officer/Owner of Screamin Petes GirlFriend "Copper"... Cant forget our River Financial Planner "Lightning"...Who else wants to join...? :D
*** Grape Ape ***
Where do I fit in? :confused: :D

GrapeApe
03-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Where do I fit in? :confused: :D
Sir, I will need 1 Beer, a list of your Sweet Skills, and a Password... :D :hammer2: :D
*** Grape Ape ***

OutCole'd
03-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Out of all the boards I visit, I think that this is by far the least clique type site.
A few others are also cool, and there are the total clique places I try to avoid.

BarryMac
03-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Barry... We have our Martinez, Pruitt, Fishers, Hidden Shores Clique.. We have our Mayor "Screamin Pete", our Local Hottie/Sandbar Dancer "Avenger Babe". The Tire Kicker, can I bum a Ride to the Sand Bar "Tobtek". Although he tries very hard to fit in with the Cat & Tunnel guys... :D Your Local Party Starters/Shit Starters, "Brady Bunch" & "Me".. :cool: Our Law enforcement Officer/Owner of Screamin Petes GirlFriend "Copper"... Cant forget our River Financial Planner "Lightning"...Who else wants to join...? :D
*** Grape Ape ***
Wow, the one clique I thought I would be part of and no mention of me, thought that I really impressed you and BB at the get together, guess I'll do like in HS and go hang with the stoners... :D :D :D

WYRD
03-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Sir, I will need 1 Beer, a list of your Sweet Skills, and a Password... :D :hammer2: :D
*** Grape Ape ***
I will give you two beers, I am good at spotting thongs and pasties, and the password needs to be something I can remember when drunk! :D

Racer277
03-18-2005, 11:53 AM
so who ever thinks there is a clique here just say yes........... the one's who party together and the ones who are waiting to party with them
Hey Willie-What's up!
Remember, I'm going to keep standing next to you and Mark. Damn Shaun and Shifty-salad eatin girls.
I have found that timing is everything on this board. If you post a question during MNFootball, you will get tons of responses. However, if you post on a nice sunny sat morning, there's noone around.
Oh, also the fact I'm an ahole doesn't help responses to my questions, but you don't have that problem :D
Just my .02

GrapeApe
03-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Wow, the one clique I thought I would be part of and no mention of me, thought that I really impressed you and BB at the get together, guess I'll do like in HS and go hang with the stoners... :D :D :D
Barry, we havent had a Beer together on the Sandbar yet.. Dont push it Buddy.... :D
*** Grape Ape ***

wantacat
03-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Well said. I feel the same way sometimes but I also think it may me because of the age difference. Or because I dont post as much. It really doens't bother me though because I have learned a lot from these boards, Ive had many laughs just reading all the BS that goes on around here. Ive met a couple of people on here and they are some cool peeps and Im sure i will meet a lot more this summer!

racecar.hotshoe
03-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Boobs you gota talk about boobs.......... :coffeycup :D

Kim Hanson
03-18-2005, 12:41 PM
I heard someone say boobs, where are they............( . )( . )........ :D

Parker Dreamin
03-18-2005, 12:48 PM
There is nothing but love here on the forum...... we are human and sometimes people have a bad day or we are just not in the mood to say something......

WYRD
03-18-2005, 12:51 PM
There is nothing but love here on the forum...... we are human and sometimes people have a bad day or we are just not in the mood to say something......
Yea that or you just plain don't fit in to our Clique :hammer2: :D :D

Dr. Eagle
03-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Dude, I'm totally hanging with the surfers... :wink:

BarryMac
03-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Barry, we havent had a Beer together on the Sandbar yet.. Dont push it Buddy.... :D
*** Grape Ape ***
Okay, but as soon as I crack my first Miller Lite with ya I'm in, right??? :D :D :D

WYRD
03-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Okay, but as soon as I crack my first Miller Lite with ya I'm in, right??? :D :D :D
Dude don't sound so desperiate..................crack?...............a t least finish the beer :p :cool: :)

Screaming Pete
03-18-2005, 01:10 PM
*** Grape Ape ***
i'm feeling all Mayorish and full of myself all the sudden, Do you think AVB will .... awa just thinking ..wishing out loud...Barry should be the "Party Starter" because that how most of us met him is when he org. the holiday toy drive at the 55. You are hear by Proclaimed "Party Starter" . I can because of the Mayor thing......thier :hammer2:

GrapeApe
03-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Oh yeah.. Then you will be in.. Brady Bunch will say that you need to get a Girl to put Pasties on, but we will just get WhosyoRiverDaddy to do that for you... :D
*** Grape Ape ***

BarryMac
03-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Dude don't sound so desperiate..................crack?...............a t least finish the beer :p :cool: :)
It did sound pretty desperate didn't it, I just want to be a part of a clique so bad... :p :D :mix:

WYRD
03-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah.. Then you will be in.. Brady Bunch will say that you need to get a Girl to put Pasties on, but we will just get WhosyoRiverDaddy to do that for you... :D
*** Grape Ape ***
Can I wear a thong too? :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :220v: :crossx: fawker!!!

BarryMac
03-18-2005, 01:24 PM
i'm feeling all Mayorish and full of myself all the sudden, Do you think AVB will .... awa just thinking ..wishing out loud...Barry should be the "Party Starter" because that how most of us met him is when he org. the holiday toy drive at the 55. You are hear by Proclaimed "Party Starter" . I can because of the Mayor thing......thier :hammer2:
Pete, I found you an avatar, what do ya think???
http://armchaircritic.typepad.com/the_armchair_critic/images/Mccheese.jpg

GrapeApe
03-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Can I wear a thong too? :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :220v: :crossx: fawker!!!
Here is a pic of Rubths.... http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2367Picture_106.jpg
But Not on you.. Gotta find a Chick to wear them... :hammer2: We almost had to kick rubths outta the Clique for that Incident... :D
*** Grape Ape ***

WYRD
03-18-2005, 02:07 PM
But Not on you.. Gotta find a Chick to wear them... :hammer2: We almost had to kick rubths outta the Clique for that Incident... :D
*** Grape Ape ***
Yea I would say that if he wasn't grinding on some grade A Azz then he shoulda been out for sure. She saved him this time huh? :cool: :cool:

Screaming Pete
03-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Pete, I found you an avatar, what do ya think???
http://armchaircritic.typepad.com/the_armchair_critic/images/Mccheese.jpg
I like dat!!!
But to answer your ? on clicks!!! I'ts those DCB Kolaid drink'n peeps to watch out for

tamalewagon
03-18-2005, 02:54 PM
*** Grape Ape ***
Your local Tamale making Mex! Tamalewagon's in! :D

BarryMac
03-18-2005, 02:56 PM
I like dat!!!
But to answer your ? on clicks!!! I'ts those DCB Kolaid drink'n peeps to watch out for
We need to get it on your avatar...

GrapeApe
03-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Your local Tamale making Mex! Tamalewagon's in! :D
Sounds like Grilled Tamales on the Sandbar this Summer.... :D
*** Grape Ape ***

tamalewagon
03-18-2005, 03:02 PM
*** Grape Ape ***
Deal! :D

BarryMac
03-18-2005, 03:05 PM
*** Grape Ape ***
Done!, plus a 12 pack for all of my new lower river friends
Thanks tamalewagon, that is very generous of you...

tamalewagon
03-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks tamalewagon, that is very generous of you...
Geez Barry if it only takes a 12 pack, we need to work on you and your friends drinking capabilities!

BarryMac
03-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Geez Barry if it only takes a 12 pack, we need to work on you and your friends drinking capabilities!
That would be a 12 pack each, btw have you seen the size of the Brady Boys, just for your own protection you may wanna bring them each a case... :D :D :D

GrapeApe
03-18-2005, 03:25 PM
That would be a 12 pack each, btw have you seen the size of the Brady Boys, just for your own protection you may wanna bring them each a case... :D :D :D
Greg Doesn't Drink Beer..... But I will take his Case... :eek: :D
*** Grape Ape ***

tamalewagon
03-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Playing for the Chargers are they? All I know is I want them on MY side! :jawdrop:

tamalewagon
03-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey Barry...I think it was a different thread, but you and the Brady boys were talking about the sand bar up at Picacho. How far up river is that from Martinez? I had a pretty hard time getting my "whacker" up above Ferguson last year.

GrapeApe
03-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey Barry...I think it was a different thread, but you and the Brady boys were talking about the sand bar up at Picacho. How far up river is that from Martinez? I had a pretty hard time getting my "whacker" up above Ferguson last year.
You can make it with a "Whacker" No problem.... Just need to keep eyes open.. It takes just a few trips to get use to where the Sand
Bars are.. I will have to be on watch more now that I have an I/O, and not the Jet..
Edited....
The Sand Bar at Picacho is about another 8 miles I would Guess from Ferguson..
*** Grape Ape ***

tamalewagon
03-18-2005, 03:39 PM
You can make it with a "Whacker" No problem.... Just need to keep eyes open.. It takes just a few trips to get use to where the Sand
Bars are.. I will have to be on watch more now that I have an I/O, and not the Jet..
Edited....
The Sand Bar at Picacho is about another 8 miles I would Guess from Ferguson..
*** Grape Ape ***
Much appreciate Grape Ape. Looking forward to pugging a few with you guys out there. Didn't know you were a loan ***** too! Right on.

GrapeApe
03-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Much appreciate Grape Ape. Looking forward to pugging a few with you guys out there. Didn't know you were a loan ***** too! Right on.
No Problemo senor Tamalewagon... :D See you on the Water, or Sandbar..
*** Grape Ape ***

Sane Asylum
03-18-2005, 04:17 PM
LMAO..........Yur killin me..........

jdf
03-18-2005, 04:39 PM
can i join i don't care what group cause i float around alot

Boatcop
03-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Do I get to be the hall monitor? :hammerhea

mtndewdrops
03-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Just mingle and get to know more peeps...then it won't seem as cliquish.

UnionJack
03-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Yes... definitely. If you can get into Kilrtoys group then you got it made. :D
I agree

HOOTER SLED-
03-18-2005, 05:17 PM
How come only certain people are replying to this thread???? Does that mean they're in a different clique if they don't respond????? :wink: :D
smart ass ---------> HOOTER

Sportin' Wood
03-18-2005, 05:23 PM
I like the band geeks.... Please blow my horn. :D

LUVNLIFE
03-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the referal Willie! I would be proud to be a spokesperson. You mention respect and without respect you don't have chit so that is the main thing. What do you mean opposite of your average boater? You have a boat, like to take it out and have a good time. That is the same as everyone here. :D This site is relly about finding some people that you can hang out with for some boating and a few cocktails. Great advice, help and friendships follow. BTW it was great to meet up with you and Cassandra for a few green ones last night ;) :D

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-18-2005, 06:35 PM
So, just wondering what crowd I belong in ??? :p ??? No Cheerleading for me though !!!!!!!! :devil: :D :D

WYRD
03-18-2005, 06:43 PM
I like the band geeks.... Please blow my horn. :D
This one time at band camp.............................................. ... :devil: :D

WYRD
03-18-2005, 06:45 PM
So, just wondering what crowd I belong in ??? :p ??? No Cheerleading for me though !!!!!!!! :devil: :D :D
From the looks of your avatar you belong in the swinger thread with the swinger group :devil: :D :D :D

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-18-2005, 06:54 PM
From the looks of your avatar you belong in the swinger thread with the swinger group :devil: :D :D :D
Don't get me started Mr. !!!!!! I guess I need to change mt avi.......... :eek:

Mrs.Racer277
03-18-2005, 06:54 PM
I have met up with many different groups of people from the boards. And have felt more then welcome by everyone of them. In my opinion some people may get the wrong impression and think it is a clique when it is not. If there is a place everyone is meeting at join in. We have gone to many group things from HB and have had a great time. And have made some very good friends this way.
And Mrs.HS what is wrong with being a cheerleader???? :) :rollside:

LOWRIVER2
03-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Nope Alan,
You're the Principal!
I'd say you're the school police but they got one of those on this site already.

WYRD
03-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Don't get me started Mr. !!!!!! I guess I need to change mt avi.......... :eek:
Just kidding sweets..........you know I luv ya.........and if you don't.........I do :D

WYRD
03-18-2005, 07:09 PM
I have met up with many different groups of people from the boards. And have felt more then welcome by everyone of them. In my opinion some people may get the wrong impression and think it is a clique when it is not. If there is a place everyone is meeting at join in. We have gone to many group things from HB and have had a great time. And have made some very good friends this way.
I think there is a clique here..............................People who love boats and the river :cool: I think the proof is here that you are only as involved as you want to be. Some people appear to be more popular then others simply because they attend more functions and include themselvs in more of the chatter :hammerhea Just my opinion!

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-18-2005, 08:22 PM
Nothing......but the one's at my school were big as$ hoochie mommas or just stuck up !!!! And I know because the majority of them were in my clique also!!!!! :220v: :220v: :p :cry:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-18-2005, 10:55 PM
This whole place, including the smaller boards, is one big clique. There are some groups who have known each other for a long time, and party a lot together, but I have never been treated like an outsider in any way when I've met anyone from here. I don't think I have ever felt that way posting, either.
I take that back. People who publicly announce they are having a party, but that they are sending out PM's for private invitations are part of clique, or at least trying to be. I've seen that a couple of times.

RiverToysJas
03-18-2005, 10:58 PM
This whole place, including the smaller boards, is one big clique. There are some groups who have known each other for a long time, and party a lot together, but I have never been treated like an outsider in any way when I've met anyone from here. I don't think I have ever felt that way posting, either.
I take that back. People who publicly announce they are having a party, but that they are sending out PM's for private invitations are part of clique, or at least trying to be. I've seen that a couple of times.
Well Said!
I'll PM you the info on the next party. ;)
RTJas :D

a catered life
03-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Hey Willie-What's up!
Remember, I'm going to keep standing next to you and Mark. Damn Shaun and Shifty-salad eatin girls.
I have found that timing is everything on this board. If you post a question during MNFootball, you will get tons of responses. However, if you post on a nice sunny sat morning, there's noone around.
Oh, also the fact I'm an ahole doesn't help responses to my questions, but you don't have that problem :D
Just my .02
what" up buddy
i agree with you its a timing thing and in my book you are no where near the ahole section
watch it standing near me and mark could cause shots of vodka to be mis consumed :jawdrop:
mr and mrs luvnlife you are great poeple keep it up
and we had a great time seeing everyone

JetBoatRich
03-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Thanks Willie I feel honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as the LUVNLIFE's :cool:
Serious, once again wel written response :cool:

MagicMtnDan
03-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Well all I can say if there is one,I sure the hell ain't in it ! Maybe my pm,s aren't working or broke.........( . )( . ).........Also where are the people standing around the cooler section :( :D
Hey Kim, you've got your own clique! :)

ratso
03-19-2005, 08:18 AM
...and he's the only one in it. :D :D :D :hammer2:

Kim Hanson
03-19-2005, 10:11 AM
:D :D .........( . )( . )..........

Kim Hanson
03-19-2005, 10:12 AM
...and he's the only one in it. :D :D :D :hammer2:
I don't have to out do anyone then............( . )( . )........... :D

moneypit
03-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Cliques are gay.. Whats even gayer is adults in cliques..
I think I will hangout next to the yard duty so I dontr get beat up.. :2purples: :2purples:

Kim Hanson
03-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Cliques are gay.. Whats even gayer is adults in cliques..
I think I will hangout next to the yard duty so I dontr get beat up.. :2purples: :2purples:
I agree with you also, I like to hang with all...........( . )( . )..........Just not gay people....... :p

WYRD
03-19-2005, 07:04 PM
I agree with you also, I like to hang with...........( . )( . )..........gay people....... :p
Well this explains alot Kim! :eek: :cool:

RiverDave
03-22-2005, 11:58 AM
I've been accused of being "click'ish" a few times.. damned if I know why? I've always been up for meeting new people on here. Except for that one time with shotkallin at the boatshow.. LOL :D
RD