PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Caliber 1 issues

SoCalHD
03-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Though I will never do business with the current owner Al, I did think that some of you might be interested to hear what Cliff the general manager-and who used to own Caliber did. After hearing what happened to me and how I was treated, Cliff called me to try to help the situation. We discussed what was fair, and made an agreement. I have Cliff's home ph# to call if I ever have ANY problems again-even if he is not at Caliber. He also had my Dana Trim tab stripped, buffed, and re-powdercoated. My Tab along with some $$$ were delivered to me yesterday. So now that makes twice that things have started to go haywire with my Caliber experience, and Cliff has been a man of his word and fixed it. I have learned many life lessons in this situation, the least of which is to get anything promised to you in writing!!!! So, my boat is fixed-and I think it is time to take it out of hibernation, clean and wax it, and HEAD TO THE RIVER!!!!!! I'll get some pictures up, so everyone knows who to stop and say "hi" for a cold one with!!!!! :D
Chris

mirvin
03-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Good to hear things worked out for ya HD. I haven't heard many happy endings like that...
mirvin :wink:

1978 Rogers
03-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Its good to hear things are starting to or have worked out from your horror story. Did you have to get a lawyer involved?

Phat Daddy
03-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Did you still keep their name on your boat????

SOMEBEACH
03-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Glad everything turned out OK for you, Chris! Get that boat cleaned up,drag it out there,and I'll bring the cold one's :D Mike

Racer277
03-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Way to go Chris!
And to Cliff! Nice work guys.
:cool:

SoCalHD
03-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Glad everything turned out OK for you, Chris! Get that boat cleaned up,drag it out there,and I'll bring the cold one's :D Mike
We will have to do that-or maybe we can just clean it in the hotel parking lot with the radio turned up so the snowbirds camping in the hotel parking lots can hear too :D :D

SoCalHD
03-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Its good to hear things are starting to or have worked out from your horror story. Did you have to get a lawyer involved?
No, evidently Cliff found out about my experience and called me on my cell the next day.

Holland
03-18-2005, 04:04 PM
That is the Cliff I KNOW... and the reason I bought my last boat from him!!!!!
Glad there was a positive outcome.

SoCalHD
03-18-2005, 04:06 PM
Did you still keep their name on your boat????
I did end up leaving it because I AM happy with the boat itself. The guys they have down there doing the gel work and Willie who does the rigging are Top-Notch. My boat has almost 60 hrs on it, and there has not been a single mechanical issue, or anything else for that matter that has not worked flawlessly.
The trailer is a different story. The white paint is showing the miles to and from the river. I have to trailer there and back every time my wife and I go. Those truck tires love to throw rocks!! I am thinking about having my trailer Rhino-lined the dark blue. No more chips!!!

Mrs.Racer277
03-18-2005, 04:09 PM
That is great news. If you need any help waxing that beautiful boat of yours just let me know...............I will send Sean over! :wink:

Smokin Joe
03-18-2005, 04:17 PM
I am glad to know your issues are resolved, Cliff has always taken care of me sometimes it takes a while but it gets done. I have never met the new owner and don't care to but I always ask for Cliff anyways.
still love my Caliber.
joe
:cool:

SoCalHD
03-18-2005, 04:17 PM
That is great news. If you need any help waxing that beautiful boat of yours just let me know...............I will send Sean over! :wink:
Well send him down this weekend-I have been watching the Glamis weather and was thinking about making a bonzai trip down to ride Saturday. After that, I'm sure we'll get right to cleaning the boat!! :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BoatFloating
03-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Though I will never do business with the current owner Al, I did think that some of you might be interested to hear what Cliff the general manager-and who used to own Caliber did. After hearing what happened to me and how I was treated, Cliff called me to try to help the situation. We discussed what was fair, and made an agreement. I have Cliff's home ph# to call if I ever have ANY problems again-even if he is not at Caliber. He also had my Dana Trim tab stripped, buffed, and re-powdercoated. My Tab along with some $$$ were delivered to me yesterday. So now that makes twice that things have started to go haywire with my Caliber experience, and Cliff has been a man of his word and fixed it. I have learned many life lessons in this situation, the least of which is to get anything promised to you in writing!!!! So, my boat is fixed-and I think it is time to take it out of hibernation, clean and wax it, and HEAD TO THE RIVER!!!!!! I'll get some pictures up, so everyone knows who to stop and say "hi" for a cold one with!!!!! :D
Chris
I'm glad Cliff stepped up as he should as he still owns a portion of Caliber..... If Al defaults he goes back to Cliff so all these times he's stepped aside he's still had his hand in the cookie jar....
:hammer2: