PDA

View Full Version : How to get out of a speeding ticket!!!

voodoomedman
04-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Contrary to popular belief..... All cops are not a$$holes. Coming into Havasu northbound on the 95 just passed Cattail Cove I got radared at 73 and the limit had changed just a bit back from 65 to 55. I usually set the cruise control and keep it right around the speed limit but I goofed and I knew it and deserved whatever the Sheriff deputy wanted to give me. Well it was midnight so I pulled over in a parking lot rolled down the windows and turned the interior light on. I always use yes sir and no sir and when he asked if I knew why he pulled me over I said I was coming a little too fast around that corner. The baby started crying and when he said you got a little one back there I said yeah he's not happy about the light but I'd rather you not think your coming up on a maniac or something. He went to his car and then came back after a while of me crapping in my pants and said he was going to give me a break. He did give me a ticket for "waste of finite". Basically speeding is a waste of gas so I get this for 50 bucks no points no traffic school. I said I usually keep it within the limit, maybe a little over and he said he usually allows 6-7 over and after that he will pull you over and then depending on your attitude is whether he gives you a break or not. I of course thanked him one more time and was on my way. Not too bad and it is now another reminder to make sure I don't speed. I really didn't mean to but I did and this will help to remind me not to do it. Keep it safe out there and if your not and get pulled over admit to your wrongdoing and be respectful and you may just get a break.

MAINEVENT
04-24-2006, 11:22 AM
So true not all cops are dicks i got popped on the 40 before needles doing 90mph, i knew i was speeding i saw him and slowed down switched lanes and right as he pulled behind me before he popped his lights i pulled over, came up asked me if i knew why he pulled me over i replied yes i do i was speeding, he told me my speed before he asked for my papers had them ready and handed them to the officer went to his car came back and told me he was gonna give me a brake for not feeding him a line of shit, just gave me a fix it ticket for my front windows and sent me on my way... Good dude... Honesty is a real good way to deal with officers its been my luck so far...

XTRM22
04-24-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm the first to agree with you, about that, because I've never gotten a ticket iI didn't deserve, but a year ago this week I got tagged on on the 72 between Parker and Solome AZ. One of Boatcops fellow Lapaz County boys. He wrote me for 72 in a 55, I truly thought the speed limit was 65, and I had the cruise on 66. Well he didn't radar, he came up behind and paced me for a couple miles and I was so busy watching him tail gate me that I missed a speed limit sign, and he pulled me over. Total and I mean total jerk!! You'd have thought I was doing 110 the way he treated me. I then got pissed after he wrote the 200 dollar ticket (give or take) and asked if he had the radar to show me, he said he had paced me and would show me a recent speedometer accuracy form. I asked if his speedo had recall, if he thought I was lying why should I trust him. Oh well I went to driving school, and now drive that section at 2 miles under the speed limit. Not saying I wasn't speeding, ignorance is no excuse, and my speedo is off by 2-3 mph ( checked against gps) just pointing out that while most cops are ok guys doing their job some can still be jerks.
Chuck

Ziggy
04-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Yup, being respectful is paramont...these poor guys hear all the crap and your BS isn't anything new to them......keep your hands in sight.
Might be the same fellow that let me go along that stretch.
When did they change the limit to 55? Are you talking where they added the second lane ??

voodoomedman
04-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Yup, being respectful is paramont...these poor guys hear all the crap and your BS isn't anything new to them......keep your hands in sight.
Might be the same fellow that let me go along that stretch.
When did they change the limit to 55? Are you talking where they added the second lane ??
It was just past Cattail going around the bend. He said that it drops to 55 just somewhere before that. I wasn't gonna argue as even if it was 65 I would still be speeding. When I get home I can look at the ticket and see what his name was. He was just such a nice guy too. I got a warning for towing in the center lane and not on the right in Bullhead by a Sheriff but he wasn't exactly acting nice. Of course I was thankful he let me go. I was on a stretch where the road was kinda crappy on the right and I didn't want to drag along my trailer tire. Anyways at least he let me go but this guy Friday night was a true officer and a gentelmen and gave me a break.

Freak
04-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Yep. Got popped doing 71 in a 55 last weekend. The cop was shocked when I told the truth and gave him no shit. I walked with a failure to obey a traffic sign. WHEW!