PDA

View Full Version : What's the scoope ?

MUDXPRT
03-19-2005, 05:47 AM
I'm supposed to take my boat in to prime marine on 3/28 for some work and have Mike install the mufflers. I'm really on the fence with the muffler issue (rather not put them on). Motor is a Phaff 502, dynoed @ 562 hp with 568 ft lbs. So who has been up to the Havasu lately and what's up. Going up 4/16 and just wondering.

MUDXPRT
03-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Bump - since people should be getting back from this weekend.

LUVNLIFE
03-20-2005, 07:08 PM
I think the only ticket reported sofar was a jackhole reving his motor under the bridge. Nothing like saying here I am :)

Speedin' Ian
03-20-2005, 07:11 PM
From what I've heard so far the only place your going to have a problem is at Havasu Marina. What type of exhaust does it have right now? Does it exit above or below the waterline when idling? I have a Commander with a 502 and the exhaust exits above the waterline and I am going for it. I figure there is enough crap going on at Havasu during the weekend to keep the cops busy without worrying about noise, plus I imagine there will be plenty of other boats with much loader exhaust.
Good choice on shops though! Mike is top notch.

LUVNLIFE
03-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Good point Ian. I have a 454 with Lightening headers but my exhaust exit below the water line at idle. So I 'm just letting it fly. :cool:

WILD LAVEY
03-20-2005, 07:34 PM
i think the cops are going to be busy with spring breakers for a couple of weeks. mufflers werent an issue this weekend. i installed mufflers this weekend just to be on the safe side, and i found about 85% of the boats out this weekend didnt have mufflers. :confused:

Not So Fast
03-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Good point Ian. I have a 454 with Lightening headers but my exhaust exit below the water line at idle. So I 'm just letting it fly. :cool:
Me too Cale, this place is packed what with the spring breakers, the sport truck show, the wake board competition in Thompsons Bay, the Quad races at Crazy Horse, the Snow Birds (is it legal to hunt them?) and then the people I actually like ,the BOATERS which had a nice day today. There are plenty of very loud boats too so i'm not worried about a little 496HO at this point. NSF