PDA

View Full Version : Centurian

blown428fe
03-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Anyone ever heard of Centurian jet boats or ever own one?

grayson
03-19-2005, 08:09 PM
hi i have a centurion hull i'm currently re furbishing . it is has been fitted with a casale v drive . last year i contacted centurion boats via the internet and they wew still operating . the owner of the company told e that my boat was originally designed as a jet hull and was converted to a v drive . it has a slight v with a small flat pad in the middle . i think the boat was built between 1975 - 1980 , hope this helps .http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/centurion454/boat.jpg

HoffmanEagleMarine
03-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Blown FE, I restored a 18' Pickle Fork a few years ago for my wife. Check out the pic's below.......Doug

roostwear
03-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Now this is weird..... I've been working on the Centurion logo all night, and I log on to this post. :2purples:

taylormanss
03-20-2005, 07:08 AM
well finish that centurion logo because I need some stickers.I've got a 1978 centurion tunnel that I'm in the process of restoring,it's 18' there are a couple others here on ***boat also.

daddy b
03-20-2005, 07:17 AM
Anyone ever heard of Centurian jet boats or ever own one?
I have a 78 Centurian, the builder said the bottom was a mold off a Hondo and the top was most likely a sanger bubble deck. Narrow 18, light layup, 468bbc fun. Love the boat, like the layed back edges. Daddy B

taylormanss
03-20-2005, 07:21 AM
I've got a couple of pics of mine at groups.msn.com/texasjettinfamilyandfriends
when ever I get back to homebase I'll post pics here!

blown428fe
03-20-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks, My brother is checking one now and he was wondering if it was a good boat.
Grayson- Your boat is looking nice, is that an 18?
HoffmanEagalMarine- Nice job, sick looking boats you got there.

HoffmanEagleMarine
03-20-2005, 08:39 AM
Blown428FE, I loved that Centurion Pickle Fork. It was a very light lay up. I built up a stock 454 and tunnel ram for it. She didn't want to get too crazy in it. The boat went 78 mph on gps with that motor. It would really move out with some horsepower!! I hated to see it go, but I got the wife a Gullwing to fill that empty spot she had in her heart.................At least, that's my story! :smile: Doug

1Bahnerjet
03-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Blown428FE, I loved that Centurion Pickle Fork. It was a very light lay up. I built up a stock 454 and tunnel ram for it. She didn't want to get too crazy in it. The boat went 78 mpg on gps with that motor. It would really move out with some horsepower!! I hated to see it go, but I got the wife a Gullwing to fill that empty spot she had in her heart.................At least, that's my story! :smile: Doug
Sh!t, with todays gas prices I wouldn't sell of any Boat that went 78 miles per Gallon on GPS :D

HoffmanEagleMarine
03-20-2005, 09:06 AM
1BJ, Your an english major too?
You still don't get it, do you? Doug

1Bahnerjet
03-20-2005, 10:19 AM
1BJ
You still don't get it, do you? Doug
Doug, thats OLD :sleeping:
guess I could change my Screen Name everytime someone disagrees with me :idea:
Woulda had about a 100 (maybe more) Screen names by now :notam: :)

grayson
03-20-2005, 04:56 PM
yes , blown428FE my centurion is an 18' boat . i dont know much about it as i bought it off a mate who bought it off the importer in south australia - it's in sydney now . the boat has not done much work and seems to be a well made boat - i'm pretty happy with it - but i cant wait to drive it !!! :220v:

roostwear
03-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Here's a sneak peek...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2295centurionpromo.jpg
This is the first cut, and should be posted on Roostwear (http://www.roostwear.com/decal.htm) and available in a few days.

olbiezer
03-20-2005, 07:10 PM
hey roost.....how about a biesemeyer logo......we have been left out too long lol

roostwear
03-20-2005, 07:34 PM
OK, here's the deal on Biesemeyer. I worked on it for months, and it just doesn't reproduce well. I was just never satisfied with the handwritten script... it always looked like someone scribbled it with a crayon. I'll take another whack at it... maybe clean it up and take it away from strictly original.

Floored
03-20-2005, 07:56 PM
roost, I can show you some original emblems to photo or my Biesemeyer by Steele Marine decals to go by. All right here by the river if you want to meet sometime. Just say when and pm me. the bezer molds are still around the Zoo somewhere.

roostwear
03-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Shelley and I are headed up to the place in BHC on the 2nd, I'd like to check it out, take a few shots, take a few photos..... :D

daddy b
03-21-2005, 08:07 AM
(2)[/IMG] yes , blown428FE my centurion is an 18' boat . i dont know much about it as i bought it off a mate who bought it off the importer in south australia - it's in sydney now . the boat has not done much work and seems to be a well made boat - i'm pretty happy with it - but i cant wait to drive it !!! :220v: How do you post a picture? DAAAA daddy b

grayson
03-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey Daddy B,
i dont know how old my boat is - does it look the same as yours ? ( there is a picture a few postings back ) my engine block is from 1976 and i'm pretty sure its the only engine my boat has seen , i'd love to know when it was built !

daddy b
03-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey Daddy B,
i dont know how old my boat is - does it look the same as yours ? ( there is a picture a few postings back ) my engine block is from 1976 and i'm pretty sure its the only engine my boat has seen , i'd love to know when it was built !
Looks the same, fast, light, little. Mine has a berkley, hondo bottom=fast, sanger top looks good but much more narrow that the sanger jet, deck looks more like a v drive deck. It is not a rookie boat for it will not turn for s.....! Might be a wild v drive since it has that bottom. What kind of engine and heads ##? Does it have cavitation plates? That trailer makes it look small. They are tight on the inside. I'm having trouble posting pictures.... Later Daddy b