PDA

View Full Version : Know your way around Havasu? HELP!

northern baja
03-20-2005, 05:22 PM
OK here's the deal. We're heading toward Havasu to check out some new boats. My wife, to teens, and myself. We'll be there March 26 through April fools.
Where to go? ;) What not to miss? Where to eat? Where to party? :D
Waht to avoid :eat:
Hopefully we'll be nailing down a new boat or move on to CA to check out Cobra, Howard, and company

SHAKEN Not Stirred
03-20-2005, 05:33 PM
Mexica Food.....
Casa Fernandez.....
Down Industrial Blvd towards the lake and the Windsor ramp.....
Just past Absolute Speed & Marine on the right side......
Just walk through the door and yell "COCKTAILS" as loud as you can.....
They'll know what you mean.....
Later,
CJG

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-20-2005, 06:08 PM
You may know this much already, but in case you don't: find your way to the London Bridge. There is a large Tudor style resort there called "London Bridge Resort" there is a lot of small shops there along with "Kokomos" (a bar/night club). The bridge is very cool. You can see the chunks missing out of it from when the Germans bombed London in WWII. There should be a lot of boats and people partying in the channel right there. It's a must see tourist trap. :D
Last time I was there, there was a microbrewery right there also.

northern baja
03-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Sound'in good. I don't want to miss anything. I've heard great things about the area , so I'm looking forward to soaking it up :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
03-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Breakfast.....
The Black Bear......
Why am I always thinking of food ???
CJG

Ivan Dan
03-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Breakfast.....
The Black Bear......
Why am I always thinking of food ???
CJG
The Belgian Waffle at Black Bear is amazing!

essexjet
03-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Havasu is not that Large so you can miss much. I would stay around the channel (bridge) everything is around there on both sides. If this is your first time out here (west) then go to IN-N-OUT for lunch :D Try to catch a ride with someone (maybe here from the boards) and go to the sandbar, copper canyon and thru Topock gorge.

northern baja
03-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Great! Thanks all for the ideas! :D
For there any events, shows, or runs going? I think the name of the place we'll be is Queen's bay or something like that. Sounded like it would be near the bridge.
After Wintering in MN the glare off the ol' bod may blind a few passers by, but it should be fun.

Kilrtoy
03-22-2005, 08:16 PM
There is a burger joint all over in and out just north of the lightat the 95.....
forget the name but they rock....

Mr.Havasu
03-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Great! Thanks all for the ideas! :D
For there any events, shows, or runs going? I think the name of the place we'll be is Queen's bay or something like that. Sounded like it would be near the bridge.
After Wintering in MN the glare off the ol' bod may blind a few passers by, but it should be fun.
You will be right in the heart of the channel at Queens bay. Spring break should still be going on. Friday night there will be a free concert across the channel from you at the naughtical.(Rap I think) Be ready to party.

slowinhavasuskid
03-22-2005, 08:35 PM
John, good to see you and the wife Friday night....saturday was a bit of a blur though...lol

Kilrtoy
03-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Ok
Palo Verde S and 95
its CLASSIC BURGER....
I'll second Casa Fernandez

slowinhavasu
03-22-2005, 08:44 PM
OOPS....didn't know the kid was logged in......
Stay away from in and out...go down the road a little farther to CLASSIC BURGER that's where the locals go for a burger....Uncle kennys is right there for breakfast.....We have way to many Mexican food places , but there all pretty good....you want a great place for dinner head out ( north ) on london bridge road about five miles to The Golden Horshore for dinner...the chicken fried steak is to die for...enjoy our little city....

mbrown2
03-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Don't miss the Marina where you can get your boat noise tested....j/k :idea: think I will see if they will test my OB's this weekend...
Casa Serrano is pretty good Mexican food...close to Red Robin across the street from Queens....Red Room is good place to go dance..
Shugru's for a good steak or Sea Food..
Go up into town for a night...get a taxi and have them drop you off at Mad Dog's...walking distance to Desert Martini and a couple other bars...all good places where the locals hang...

slowinhavasu
03-22-2005, 08:58 PM
OOPS....didn't know the kid was logged in......
Stay away from in and out...go down the road a little farther to CLASSIC BURGER that's where the locals go for a burger....Uncle kennys is right there for breakfast.....We have way to many Mexican food places , but there all pretty good....you want a great place for dinner head out ( north ) on london bridge road about five miles to The Golden Horshore for dinner...the chicken fried steak is to die for...enjoy our little city....
I gotta quit drinkin and trying to wright sh*t...lol

northern baja
03-22-2005, 09:12 PM
:D Doesn't matter where you go there your are.
I lived in Tucson in the late 80s, so I've developed a taste for Mexican food and Corona.
Anixous to get outta here..moved 19" of wet snow for entertainment last weekend.
I want to see what kind of boats are in the water.
What's the temps like? Dry or are you still gitt'in rain.
Flyin into lost wages and drivin' down. any good speed traps I should avoid? ;)

That Guy
03-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Mexica Food.....
Casa Fernandez.....
Down Industrial Blvd towards the lake and the Windsor ramp.....
Just past Absolute Speed & Marine on the right side......
Just walk through the door and yell "COCKTAILS" as loud as you can.....
They'll know what you mean.....
Later,
CJG
That was damn funny.....not bad for a pole climber :lightsabe

Kilrtoy
03-22-2005, 09:40 PM
That was damn funny.....not bad for a pole climber :lightsabe
WTF, I know you said he was married , but to a man .....Who would have known

That Guy
03-22-2005, 09:47 PM
WTF, I know you said he was married , but to a man .....Who would have known
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh :hammerhea :crossx:

Mtg Pro
03-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Black Bear is the best for Breakfast. Grab a to go order for lunch from Scotties Chicken on 95 just about Acoma. Try Big John's for dinner on Saturday night for the deep fried lobster.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-23-2005, 07:54 AM
I gotta quit drinkin and trying to wright sh*t...lol
ROFLMAO! See you this weekend!

northern baja
03-24-2005, 05:04 AM
We are ready for some warmth! :cool:
If you see some pasty white clown wondering around lookin' really lost in Havasu next week, puul over say hi and give me direction toward the bar :D