PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai Sonata????

Raisin Wake
03-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Does anybody have a Hyundai Sonata? I'm looking for reviews. Any input is appreciated.

roostwear
03-20-2005, 09:00 PM
I've had several, and can give you whatever info you need.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Jeff's secretary has one and she loves it. So does his mom. She's on her second one.

Craig
03-21-2005, 06:24 AM
Friend of mine has a Tiberon, had it about 2 years now, hasn't had any issues with iy.

dicudmore
03-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Sonata is a nice car. Had the chance to drive lots of them while I worked for Hyundai. Very nice car for the $$$. Also, if I was to buy a Hyundai it would be the Sonata. XG doesn't do it for me...

roostwear
03-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Sonata is a nice car. Had the chance to drive lots of them while I worked for Hyundai. Very nice car for the $$$. Also, if I was to buy a Hyundai it would be the Sonata. XG doesn't do it for me...
The XG is a memory anyhow. We'll be unveiling it's replacement this week.

Kegel King
03-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Anything made in Korea is a piece of crap.come everyone be honest you what that car will be worth aftr you drive it off the lot.about half of what you paid for it......go to consumers report.....step and buy and buy a toyota or honda even a ford has a better rating then that crap on wheels

Freak
03-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Lol...harsh

roostwear
03-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Anything made in Korea is a piece of crap.come everyone be honest you what that car will be worth aftr you drive it off the lot.about half of what you paid for it......go to consumers report.....step and buy and buy a toyota or honda even a ford has a better rating then that crap on wheels
Do some research before you go off half assed. Hyundai tied for 2nd place in the JD Power initial quality survey. Ford didn't. Nissan didn't. Chevy didn't. Go back to lurking, your ignorance is showing.

dicudmore
03-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Do some research before you go off half assed. Hyundai tied for 2nd place in the JD Power initial quality survey. Ford didn't. Nissan didn't. Chevy didn't. Go back to lurking, your ignorance is showing.
True statement

Lake Ape
03-21-2005, 12:56 PM
It's still flippin' Korean!! Come on! Might as well go look at KIA's and Daihatsu's!
If you want a big car go with the Crown Vic and or Grand Mar and call it good! Don't tell me they blow up either, not one, not one non-police version has blown up.
Just my $0.02!
You can yell at me know.....LOL!

Raisin Wake
03-21-2005, 08:44 PM
The reason I even brought it up is that my Saturn will probably die in the next 6-12 months. We're doing our research on what our next car will be. We need a commuter car that can carry the whole family. I want to keep the miles down on the Expedition. and of course, gas milage is always an issue. (can't afford a hybrid)
Thanks for your opinions.

Flying Tiger
03-21-2005, 09:07 PM
My friend Bob is the long time service manager at the GMC/Caddy/pontiac/Hundai dealer in Glendale and says their fine.
Ya take it outta the box and drive for a long time it until it drops.
His only problem,, and says it's common to ALL car line makes - is finding reliable mechanics, but lucky that they're quality is pretty good now.
Industry wide ( I understand), is tallented mechanics of all makes are spread pretty thin.
I work with Korean air conditioning, and it is now the best on the market. I'll wrestle with anyone over that statement. Finest Kine.
When they finally get their act together on something,, they are as serious as a heart attack in getting it right.
Hold out for a good deal if you buy one. They often give AAA discounts beyond any price you may negotiate.
Nicest sales staff of any car line I've ever dealt with.
Ziggy can probably put you in an BMW X3 for a good price. Worth a look first if it's economy you're looking for. Give him a call: 760 722 1868.
Hold out for free BMW key chains too.

Kachina26
03-22-2005, 06:46 AM
It's still flippin' Korean!! Come on! Might as well go look at KIA's and Daihatsu's!
Pretty sure it's a KiA same as a gmc is a chevy or vice versa ;)
Oh yeah, and I love my 2 Hyundai's. I didn't buy them to resell, I bought them to drive 40k a year and then toss 'em after 5 years! My Amer............... well, nevermind.

Sanger D
03-22-2005, 07:25 AM
bought the wife a loaded 03 sonata and it was in the dealers shop all the time ,huge wrap sheet on the car ,every rubber mount on the car had to be replaced once,it was a nightmare,the body was like tin foil,if you lean against it too hard it WILL ding!!!at 35k miles it was worth12k$$ and we paid 21k after all was said and done ,not much resale value for a car that was religously maintained by the dealer in wich we bought it from!!!BUT!!!!! the car drives and rides like no other car its size,its body lines and interior is way nicer than anything we saw in comparison,it has a nice big car feel to it and it looked awesome in black!!!I think we might just have gotten a car biult on a monday or a friday!!! I would,nt buy one again but it could be we,re just gun shy of them now!!!. good luck!