PDA

View Full Version : I might be buying a chevy, yeah...thats right :(

dmontzsta
03-20-2005, 09:09 PM
as much as I will hate myself I cannot pass up this deal.
Any input on this would be appreciated, I do respect chevys 350 and know it will be reliable. Here it goes:
1997 GMC Suburban LT fully loaded with every option but moonroof, it has the vortec 350 with abs, it is emerald green with gray leather.
$6k with 123k
I was originally looking for an Expedition, but came across this deal and I am really about to pull the trigger, it is roomier than the Expedition, I just cant get over it being a chevy.
Are these things pretty reliable? and is 123k something to worry about with these things? I know it depends on how well they are taken care of, I was just wondering how stout they are. My Nissans have 200k+ and have no problems, just dont know about these.
The thing will sit most of the time and only be used on trips.
Thanks.

cc322
03-20-2005, 09:15 PM
I might be buying a chevy,
I'm sorry :frown: j/k If it's a good deal why not maybe you can get it even cheaper.

Racer277
03-20-2005, 09:16 PM
I got 300K out of my 94 Blazer.
2 engines (rod knock), but 1 Tranny.
Everyone was always surprised that it was all on one Tranny.
Don't know of many other single points of failure on it, oh, except the fuel pump inside the fuel tank. That was a pain in the ass, at about 100K.
Hope that helps.

Kachina26
03-21-2005, 06:43 AM
OK, I'm glad you've seen the light, but, you make end up doing a valve job before long due to a misfire under high rpm low load (like climbing chiraco summit at 80). Only the computer can pick up the mis, you won't feel it. But, it will set a light. Other than that and fuel pumps and alternators, it's a good truck.

HavasuDreamin'
03-21-2005, 08:02 AM
123K is up there. It is a crap shoot. You may be out major $$$$ soon, or it may run 200K miles. Just don't know.
HD

dmontzsta
03-21-2005, 10:46 AM
After posting this I am now leaning back to the Expedition, what the hell was I thinking? a chevy? dang I got a good nights sleep. :hammer2:

Flying Tiger
03-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Fuel pumps,, and you can predict them failing when it becomes hard to start.
I pay to have my pumps replaced because it sux doing it yourself.
You might be able to get it cheaper.