PDA

View Full Version : Hey You Te

superdave013
03-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Are you going to run anything in that Parker 300 that Ron Hill is talking about?
I plan on testing Barney's fiberglass work out. lol

Roman 1
03-20-2005, 11:48 PM
The only way UT would be running that race, is if it were held in her garage :rolleyes: So let me answer for her...no!
R1 ;)

You Te
03-21-2005, 07:04 AM
Are you going to run anything in that Parker 300 that Ron Hill is talking about?
I plan on testing Barney's fiberglass work out. lol
SD,
300 miles with only a 3 10 min stops, I don't think that would be fun. Good luck and be safe.
You Te

You Te
03-21-2005, 07:07 AM
The only way UT would be running that race, is if it were held in her garage :rolleyes: So let me answer for her...no!
R1 ;)
The only way to ever see roman is if he comes out of his computer.
I like boating roman, just not as much as you do.
You Te

Jetboatguru
03-21-2005, 09:16 AM
pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jetboatguru
03-21-2005, 09:21 AM
How hilarious to see Tom back peddling again!! What a WIMP. Must have a knitting tournament going on Uncle String Bean
You Te= the magnificent splinter.
It's called a Gym. Try visiting it!!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyHippy
03-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Gonna shoe Bling Bling for 300 mile Goooey??? Or you gonna start backpeddeling??
BJH :cry:

uclahater
03-21-2005, 09:32 AM
You Te takes a hard right from Roman, and another left from Guru :220v:
You Te is out for the count :cry: :cry:

uclahater
03-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Gonna shoe Bling Bling for 300 mile Goooey??? Or you gonna start backpeddeling??
BJH :cry:
Gonna show up at Needles for you Whoopin or are you gonna start back peddling :idea: :messedup:

CrazyHippy
03-21-2005, 10:54 AM
I'll be on the water... you can watch the boating from the parking lot if you like, course it will be a weekend to, and i know you guys are afraid of them, probably be in the afternoon too, and the water gets a bit rough after 9am, and before 5....
Never heard an answer Re: Bling Bling??? :confused:
BJH

superdave013
03-21-2005, 11:03 AM
I'll be on the water... you can watch the boating from the parking lot if you like, course it will be a weekend to, and i know you guys are afraid of them, probably be in the afternoon too, and the water gets a bit rough after 9am, and before 5....
Never heard an answer Re: Bling Bling??? :confused:
BJH
Sounds like you like to run you boat in the water and not on the trailer. With that in mind are you going to run the 300?
Running and endurance race like that has always been a dream of mine. The way I see it is this could be the only chance I'll ever get to do it. I'm not gonna miss it and if you have any intrest you should run it too.
It is pretty much open to any boat 24' or less and must be open cockpit.

uclahater
03-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Dave if you, and Maxi are really going to run it I'll come down, and help out :idea: I'll be the Water Boy :idea:

CrazyHippy
03-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm in the middle of getting a new (to me) boat, and assuming i'm comfortable driving it by october, yes. I wont even think about it if i dont have some serious seat time in the boat 1st though.
BJH

MAXIMUS
03-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Dave if you, and Maxi are really going to run it I'll come down, and help out :idea: I'll be the Water Boy :idea:
Hater Dave & I will be piloting a cracker with a hemi in it! I'm sure if you would like that, we could add a 3rd seat in the biatch section for you! :devil:

CrazyHippy
03-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Give him a ski rope :wink:

superdave013
03-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Hater Dave & I will be piloting a cracker with a hemi in it! I'm sure if you would like that, we could add a 3rd seat in the biatch section for you! :devil:
That's rich! :D

You Te
03-21-2005, 03:15 PM
How hilarious to see Tom back peddling again!!
You Te= the magnificent splinter.
It's called a Gym. Try visiting it!!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Guru, at least I can reach the peddles and come to a complete stop without falling over.
You should try visiting the Gym yourself, cause your body is as weak as your comebacks.
And a big BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

You Te
03-21-2005, 03:18 PM
pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Te
03-21-2005, 03:31 PM
You Te takes a hard right from Roman, and another left from Guru :220v:
You Te is out for the count :cry: :cry:
Those two could not whip cream unless they put it on each other.
And you Hater, well, you don't rate.

uclahater
03-21-2005, 03:52 PM
IM in :lightsabe :boxingguy :idea: Kidney belt :D , and all

uclahater
03-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Those two could not whip cream unless they put it on each other.
And you Hater, well, you don't rate.
Coming from you thats a compliment :hammer2: Because us V-drivers dont want to be rated by other men :idea: :idea:
You Tes been called out over 100 times this spring, and is still backing out of all of them :hammer2: Whats wrong string Bean is Roland to busy doing Harley trips across the US to shoe your boat for ya :supp:

Kim Hanson
03-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Coming from you thats a compliment :hammer2: Because us V-drivers dont want to be rated by other men :idea: :idea:
Did you tell that to dmontzsta, hes quite the brown noser for a owner of a white piece of old shit Hater.
All you v-drive guys suck the wet-end and thats the truth :p :D .........( . )( . )..........

You Te
03-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Because us V-drivers dont want to be rated by other men
You Tes been called out over 100 times this spring, and is still backing out of all of them :hammer2: Whats wrong string Bean is Roland to busy doing Harley trips across the US to shoe your boat for ya :supp:
So you're saying I'm a man, how nice.
BBSP has been going on for five years and the v-drivers are still backing out.
Are you going to show so I can put the hurt on your nice new paint job.
Let's see who drives my boat. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Roland the Fisherman
03-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Yeah! What UT said! :D Someone needs to drive it cause I'll be driving your old lady in the reeds. (Sorry rrrrrrr I know how that pisses you off)

lucky
03-22-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm a GAY baleerina in pink tights and i like it
:eek: can't 2 wait to see you at the river in you matching thong :hammerhea

rrrr
03-22-2005, 09:46 AM
NICE signature line, lucky. Kim will go for it.
But advertising your totally clean shaven body is, well, GAY.
:skull: :skull: :devil:

CrazyHippy
03-22-2005, 09:48 AM
You gotta problem W/ my thong?
:p

uclahater
03-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Yeah! What UT said! :D Someone needs to drive it cause I'll be driving your old lady in the reeds. (Sorry rrrrrrr I know how that pisses you off)
Well since shes been paid again Im sure she'll be there :2purples:

uclahater
03-22-2005, 10:00 AM
I doubt you'll see my thong you'll be at BBSP being KIMMY, and You Te's Bitch :messedup: Plus I dont think they make a thong that bright :idea:

uclahater
03-22-2005, 10:05 AM
So you're saying I'm a man, how nice.
BBSP has been going on for five years and the v-drivers are still backing out.
Are you going to show so I can put the hurt on your nice new paint job.
Let's see who drives my boat. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I just assumed you were a man since you've admitted having a MANGINA :hammer2: :2purples:
I'll be in needles. I'll assume if you, and hippy dont show that the victory goes to me :eek: :2purples:
I doubt your boat will even make it out of the Garage :eat:

superdave013
03-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Hater, I think this 300 mile deal is just to far from the trailer for some of these guys. I mean all I hear them talk about is running all day and calling all the others trailer queens.
What's wrong with only three 10 minute pit stops? You should be able to run 300 miles in under 4 hours I'd think. So in between you get your min. of 3 pit stops. That's at least 1/2 hour break the way I see it. That's hardly running all day.
I bet some Scream and Fly members are not scared to come out to run. :cool:

uclahater
03-22-2005, 10:30 AM
I think it would take Roland a week to program his computer for all of the different conditions that would be present in a 300 mile run :crossx:
You Te cant find someone to drive his 2 seater that far for him, and Hippy is way to weak to last that long :crossx: :skull:

CrazyHippy
03-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Now you want ot talk about endurance.... 3 hours sitting in a boat is mild. (yes i know it's not easy) a 3 hour marathon is endurance :D :devil:
BJH

lucky
03-22-2005, 12:05 PM
NICE signature line, lucky. Kim will go for it.
But advertising your totally clean shaven body is, well, GAY.
:skull: :skull: :devil:
and so is the above post :D

flat broke
03-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Hater, I think this 300 mile deal is just to far from the trailer for some of these guys. I mean all I hear them talk about is running all day and calling all the others trailer queens.
What's wrong with only three 10 minute pit stops? You should be able to run 300 miles in under 4 hours I'd think. So in between you get your min. of 3 pit stops. That's at least 1/2 hour break the way I see it. That's hardly running all day.
I bet some Scream and Fly members are not scared to come out to run. :cool:
Dave,
Hacker and I will be there with at least 1 boat. But I wanted your spin on something. Do you think the 3 10-minute stops are the only allowed stops, or just the ones that don't penalize your time? My motor will consume just about 50GPH at 5500RPM. I figgure that between holding it at WOT here and there, and some slowing for turns/traffic, 5500 is probably a realisitic average RPM. If I figure that RPM is good for 71mph, 300miles/71mph = 4.225 hours to finish. But I run through 50GPH which means I'll need 4 fuel stops minimum. So 1 of those will be on the clock? Are there going to be fuel barges like in the old days? If not, maybe a couple of us could get together and see if Teague still has his fuel barge, maybe borrow it for the weekend.
I have a feeling I'll need to have a set of k-planes on whatever we end up bringing out, but we'll be there.
Chris

superdave013
03-22-2005, 12:48 PM
chris, I'm thinkin I'll have to stop for fuel more then 3 times. That's part of it man. You better get a good gas man if you want to do good.

flat broke
03-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Amazing what you can find if you just look at the info provided. :rolleyes: I went to the link provided by Ron, and sure enough, it covers fueling etc. Sounds like I'd have to bring the toy hauler out and use it's fill station, then have someone dumping gas into that while the boat is running. Sounds like Ty and I need to start lookin for a crew. My only concern is that momma is due 9/28... She already said I could go, but that doesn't mean that Jr. will be on time.
Chris

superdave013
03-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Chris, I didn't even know!! Congrats man, That's awsome.
Check out the tanks in this bitch. I might add an extra 25-30 gal tank in mine too.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2356cammer.jpg

You Te
03-22-2005, 02:56 PM
LMAO!!!!
Do you think I could get Guru to drive for me?

CrazyHippy
03-22-2005, 02:59 PM
I can bring 2- maybe 3 phone books for him to sit on :hammer2:
BJH

You Te
03-22-2005, 03:00 PM
I doubt your boat will even make it out of the Garage :eat:
It's out of the garage right now. Ah Needles, where it's safe.
You Te

You Te
03-22-2005, 03:11 PM
How can you get to far from the trailer in Parker?
I think it's only 12 miles from dam to dam.
Boating at WOT for 4 hours is just plain boaring to me.
I don't mind being on the water for 4 hours, sometimes I like to float and enjoy the beauty of the river.
You Te

You Te
03-22-2005, 03:13 PM
I think it would take Roland a week to program his computer for all of the different conditions that would be present in a 300 mile run :crossx:
You Te cant find someone to drive his 2 seater that far for him, and Hippy is way to weak to last that long :crossx: :skull:
You're so full of shit you stink up the place.
You Te

Roland the Fisherman
03-22-2005, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=uclahater]I think it would take Roland a week to program his computer for all of the different conditions that would be present in a 300 mile run :crossx:
The sad truth is that if it's not moron proof it could take longer than a week. :hammerhea

MAXIMUS
03-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Amazing what you can find if you just look at the info provided. :rolleyes: I went to the link provided by Ron, and sure enough, it covers fueling etc. Sounds like I'd have to bring the toy hauler out and use it's fill station, then have someone dumping gas into that while the boat is running. Sounds like Ty and I need to start lookin for a crew. My only concern is that momma is due 9/28... She already said I could go, but that doesn't mean that Jr. will be on time.
Chris
Guys if I may... The mandatory fuel stops with time limits were designed to slow down the pits & not have people running around in a hurry gettin hurt! I think before its over they may expand them to 15 min. By the time you remove your boat from the water & go to the fueling area, fuel, change drivers etc it will take a few minutes. Chris as far as extra stops you can have as many as you like however it will put you way behind. :frown: We have been discussing a stratagy & have figured that if fuel consumption is a major problem then it would benefit the program to slow down to a more economical speed. Do the math & its pretty obvious, however not the funnest route to take. I am going to be making some huge aluminum saddle tanks for my barge so we can run at least a 100 miles on a fill up at around 5500. My boat at 5500 is running around 75-80. On NOS its 165! :notam: :D

uclahater
03-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Obviously you've been out driving the boat, cause I know its never seen much over 50 with gritch driving :notam: :coffeycup

uclahater
03-22-2005, 05:45 PM
You're so full of shit you stink up the place.
You Te
Do you mean you found someone to drive other than Roland :idea: Let me guess KIMMY, and Lucky are going to Tag team :D :D LMAO

uclahater
03-22-2005, 05:47 PM
How can you get to far from the trailer in Parker?
I think it's only 12 miles from dam to dam.
Boating at WOT for 4 hours is just plain boaring to me.
I don't mind being on the water for 4 hours, sometimes I like to float and enjoy the beauty of the river.
You Te
More excuses from the queen Bitch of BBSP :confused:
YOUR PATHETIC IN EVERY WAY

Roland the Fisherman
03-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Guys if I may... The mandatory fuel stops with time limits were designed to slow down the pits & not have people running around in a hurry gettin hurt! I think before its over they may expand them to 15 min. By the time you remove your boat from the water & go to the fueling area, fuel, change drivers etc it will take a few minutes. Chris as far as extra stops you can have as many as you like however it will put you way behind. :frown: We have been discussing a stratagy & have figured that if fuel consumption is a major problem then it would benefit the program to slow down to a more economical speed. Do the math & its pretty obvious, however not the funnest route to take. I am going to be making some huge aluminum saddle tanks for my barge so we can run at least a 100 miles on a fill up at around 5500. My boat at 5500 is running around 75-80. On NOS its 165! :notam: :D
I have a BB in a car. I can't help but wonder what would it do to the motor life if I were to put it in 1st gear and drive 300miles OC to Havasu at 5500rpm.

flat broke
03-22-2005, 06:20 PM
I have a BB in a car. I can't help but wonder what would it do to the motor life if I were to put it in 1st gear and drive 300miles OC to Havasu at 5500rpm.
The difference there is that some of us setup our stuff with oiling systems and clearnces to do just that ;) Any yahoo in town can build a 1/4 street race deal that will shift at 6500, and only needs to live at those loads for 9-10 seconds at a time.
There is a reason Teague(both of em), Pfaff, DNE, Brummett, and the like get what they do for a motor.... it has to last in the marine environment. which means extended durations at elevated RPMS.
Maxi,
I was going through my dyno sheets looking at GPH at various RPMs. I think the "crew chiefing" on this deal will be what takes the trophies. Running a jet I'm going to be at a natural disadvantage, and running one of the bigger ones that will probably show up is sure to hurt even more. Oh well, might as well make sure I've got some good top end (relative to whatever boat we run) so that we can at least enjoy any side by side aired out stuff that might arise. At a tenative $200 to enter, $700 in gas, and $300 for hotel, it ain't gonna be a cheap weekend, but if we get off only paying for that stuff, I think we'll be doing better than a lot of the folks.
How many of the inboards do you figure will DNF?
Chris

Roland the Fisherman
03-22-2005, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=flat broke]The difference there is that some of us setup our stuff with oiling systems and clearnces to do just that ;) Any yahoo in town can build a 1/4 street race deal that will shift at 6500, and only needs to live at those loads for 9-10 seconds at a time.
There is a reason Teague(both of em), Pfaff, DNE, Brummett, and the like get what they do for a motor.... it has to last in the marine environment. which means extended durations at elevated RPMS.
I guess the point I was trying to make is to take the mass of a BB and spin it that high for that long it has to play hell on the life of the motor no mater how large the mains are or how much volume of oil you dump on it. :smile:

You Te
03-22-2005, 08:07 PM
More excuses from the queen Bitch of BBSP :confused:
How many ways can I say I don't like endurance racing so you can understand,dumb-ass

CrazyHippy
03-22-2005, 08:31 PM
How many ways can I say I don't like endurance racing so you can understand,dumb-ass
So what you're saying is.... Enderancing racing is your thing :idea: Got it :messedup:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Did you build it? :devil:
Any of you guys remember the old days when enduros brought in of over a hundred entrants. String pullers and big blocks running at the same time for 9 hours. Big blocks normally won. :p

superdave013
03-23-2005, 06:04 AM
How many ways can I say I don't like endurance racing so you can understand
Oh, I myself totaly understand. I feel the same way about the BBSP. That's to far away from anything if someone should crash and get hurt.

lucky
03-23-2005, 06:30 AM
Do you mean you found someone to drive other than Roland :idea: Let me guess KIMMY, and Lucky are going to Tag team :D :D LMAO
no my job as crew guy is to dry off the trailer :) lmao -- and make sure the "down shaft " is well lubed ! :jawdrop: I also installed an extra five gallons of fuel for the extended tour - We should finish ahead of you with an extra 1.5 gallons of fuel two bass and assorted perch :D

MAXIMUS
03-23-2005, 06:53 AM
The difference there is that some of us setup our stuff with oiling systems and clearnces to do just that ;) Any yahoo in town can build a 1/4 street race deal that will shift at 6500, and only needs to live at those loads for 9-10 seconds at a time.
Maxi,
I was going through my dyno sheets looking at GPH at various RPMs. I think the "crew chiefing" on this deal will be what takes the trophies. Running a jet I'm going to be at a natural disadvantage, and running one of the bigger ones that will probably show up is sure to hurt even more. Oh well, might as well make sure I've got some good top end (relative to whatever boat we run) so that we can at least enjoy any side by side aired out stuff that might arise. At a tenative $200 to enter, $700 in gas, and $300 for hotel, it ain't gonna be a cheap weekend, but if we get off only paying for that stuff, I think we'll be doing better than a lot of the folks.
How many of the inboards do you figure will DNF?
Chris
When I sat in on the meeting at Ross's office it was said that the attrition rate was estimated to be around 40%-50%
which was a big concern becuase if there was not enough entries then by the end of the race there might only be a zodiac or whaler running solo! :cry: I truly believe that it is a race of smarts & patience not egos! I have always wanted to run in one of these deals & am really excited... :lightsabe

MAXIMUS
03-23-2005, 06:54 AM
Chris what size motor are you running & I would assume you will be stacking a huge impeller in that puppy???

MAXIMUS
03-23-2005, 06:59 AM
[QUOTE=flat broke]The difference there is that some of us setup our stuff with oiling systems and clearnces to do just that ;) Any yahoo in town can build a 1/4 street race deal that will shift at 6500, and only needs to live at those loads for 9-10 seconds at a time.
I guess the point I was trying to make is to take the mass of a BB and spin it that high for that long it has to play hell on the life of the motor no mater how large the mains are or how much volume of oil you dump on it. :smile:
Roland it takes a little prep & a few key ingredients to make a set up live. Also a good amount of luck! However to make a BB live at 5500 rpm is not too hard. Good fuel systems & oiling supply & temp are very important! At the end of the race that engine will need to be gone through in my opinion... As well as a full colon exame on the drive etc... Hater can help there! :crossx:

You Te
03-23-2005, 07:16 AM
Oh, I myself totaly understand. I feel the same way about the BBSP. That's to far away from anything if someone should crash and get hurt.
SD, It's about 10 minutes from the launch ramp.
You Te

You Te
03-23-2005, 07:20 AM
Did you build it? :devil:
Any of you guys remember the old days when enduros brought in of over a hundred entrants. String pullers and big blocks running at the same time for 9 hours. Big blocks normally won. :p
To bad you never win at anything Jerry.
You Te

You Te
03-23-2005, 07:21 AM
So what you're saying is.... Enderancing racing is your thing :idea: Got it :messedup:
That's right Hippy, you got it.
You Te

Roland the Fisherman
03-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Roland it takes a little prep & a few key ingredients to make a set up live. Also a good amount of luck! However to make a BB live at 5500 rpm is not too hard. Good fuel systems & oiling supply & temp are very important! At the end of the race that engine will need to be gone through in my opinion... As well as a full colon exame on the drive etc... Hater can help there! :crossx:
Guess I am still not making my point. :mix:. If a person is into endurance racing (my pop and his partner priveted a GT40 in late 60's and I lived for the sport) you know the rules and are ready to spend the big $'s as a result.
However when I read these posts I believe most of these people are weekend knuckle heads in there every day boats thinking about giving this thing a try. Hell I even went to the summit cat. to see what a few additional tanks would cost and where they would fit in my Skeeter. :hammer2: (Then I came back to reality when I decided I did'nt want to go through the motor after one weekend of racing).
All you have to do is read your own posts about the attrition rates. :frown:
However I make a hell of a pit monkey if any of you need help. :smile:

uclahater
03-23-2005, 08:04 AM
no my job as crew guy is to dry off the trailer :) lmao -- and make sure the "down shaft " is well lubed ! :jawdrop: I also installed an extra five gallons of fuel for the extended tour - We should finish ahead of you with an extra 1.5 gallons of fuel two bass and assorted perch :D
LMAO. Lucky I would be next to last right ahead of YOU TE :idea:

uclahater
03-23-2005, 08:06 AM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

uclahater
03-23-2005, 08:10 AM
You Te we all know that you dont like to boat period :( Thats why your boats always in the Garage or when it does touch water Rolands driving it :sqeyes:
SIZE=7]We all understand you, and realize what a wimp you really are[/SIZE]

Jetboatguru
03-23-2005, 09:32 AM
TOM HUNTER= OWNED BY UCLAHATER

superdave013
03-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Guess I am still not making my point. :mix:. If a person is into endurance racing (my pop and his partner priveted a GT40 in late 60's and I lived for the sport) you know the rules and are ready to spend the big $'s as a result.
However when I read these posts I believe most of these people are weekend knuckle heads in there every day boats thinking about giving this thing a try. Hell I even went to the summit cat. to see what a few additional tanks would cost and where they would fit in my Skeeter. :hammer2: (Then I came back to reality when I decided I did'nt want to go through the motor after one weekend of racing).
All you have to do is read your own posts about the attrition rates. :frown:
However I make a hell of a pit monkey if any of you need help. :smile:
GT40 back in the day. Ask your did if he remembers Max Kelley. He was the crew chief for the GT40 that won the Daytona 24hr in '69. He go into the mechanic's hall of fame (some snap on deal) for what he did with those cars. He son is my best friend. He still has all the hand written set up notes that Max did for Ford for their manuals. I have some pics of the car rolling in the winners circle with Max sitting on the fender. I'll post them when I get home. Pretty cool stuff. Max passed away a few years ago.
I hear what you are sayin. And I would think that the weekenders that want to finish better roll out of the throttle big time.
For me this will be the perfect testing ground to see if I can pull off my ideas. I pretty much have been setting my boat up for endurance running from the beginning of the project. I've done a few things and spent the extra for things like Carrillo rods that are gun drilled up the beams to oil the wrist pins so it will live for the long haul. We will see how well I did when the time comes.
I never thought I would get the chance to race it but my thinking was if I set it up this way it would be a great river bruiser.
I have a strategy too. I'm gonna run behind Maximus and then easily drive around him with only a few laps to go. lol :eat: :D :eat:

superdave013
03-23-2005, 09:35 AM
SD, It's about 10 minutes from the launch ramp.
You Te
That's a long time with a rib sticking though your lung (or something like that)

flat broke
03-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Chris what size motor are you running & I would assume you will be stacking a huge impeller in that puppy???
498ci pump gas dealy ;) 820@6200RPM, but we'll probably end up compromising on that for this particular weekend and put a AA in there to keep the cruise R's down. It's hard to predict because we will be running a different hull that what either of us have at the moment, but the reason for the switch is more lift/less drag so it should be a positive.
You're 100% right about the egos. And it's really hard for me to think about throwing in an impeller that could cut out 1000 max RPM because I know I would end up loosing on any "drag race" action that we might encounter along the way.... But you have to finish to win, and I'm slowly getting my head around that. I've got the oiling side of things (temp and pressure/flow) under control as my temp actually drops under higher RPMs because I stack up some block pressure and increase efficiency in the oil cooler. But fuel will still be our enemy, and to that effect your statement about average speed vs # of pit stops is going to force us to look at different impeller size/speed/RPM combinations to find a happy place.
And as far as Roland or You Te's (can't remember which one said it) statement about weekend knuckleheads going out to do this... My brother and I fall into that category as we won't be campaigning purpose-built race boats, but rather one of our weekend cruisers with some changes for the event. But it isn't like we're going to show up with just a boat 200-300 gallons of gas, 2 coolers and hope to have a shot at finishing. There is already thought being put into every aspect of the deal, from estimating fuel requirements, to planing the logistics of fuel stops, to who to ask to help with driving duties and support crew, to how much stereo we'll need in order to run this deal in comfort :D
We're going to have fun, hopefully finish, and anything else is just icing on the cake. For me it would just be cool to be at the river with some friends actually driving our boats for a change, instead of hanging out, BSing, and drinking too much beer.
Chris

Jetboatguru
03-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Dont worry Super Dave, Tom goes for days with his fist stuck in his ass. He will be fine.

superdave013
03-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Chris, are you going to do all the driving or will you switch off with Hacksaw?
I've got a co-driver all lined up myself.

flat broke
03-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Chris, are you going to do all the driving or will you switch off with Hacksaw?
I've got a co-driver all lined up myself.
So Debbie's finally gonna get to drive the boat eh? :D
Mandatory driver changes at the 3 10-minute stops, so you'd need at least 2 drivers. Hacker and I for sure, then I have someone else in mind for a 3rd driver, but I'm a little hesitant cause the guy can't seem to go to the river and not break somethin on his boat. ;) Might have to reset the rev limiter during that particular driver change :) Because of the baby thing, I think it would be best for us to plan on 3 drivers, then if the baby comes a little late and I can't attend, the show still goes on.
I didn't see anything in the rules about an on board mechanic... if they're allowed, it might be worth the extra weight for a spotter and an extra set of eyes on the gauges.
Chris

lucky
03-23-2005, 11:08 AM
now - all kidding aside -- my tub is a laker - motor is well built internially - I'd feel fine running it at 5,000 grand - If i where to do this - i'd having a problem letting other people drive it - dam to much money and time - - ahhh dave i'd be happy to fill in :D

superdave013
03-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Cyclone is the other driver for us. I picked him for 2 reasons.
#1 He's into it more then anyone else I can think of. And I trust him to boot.
#2 The boat will get done because if I start lagging he will come over and kick me in the ass so he can go racin.

Roland the Fisherman
03-23-2005, 11:47 AM
GT40 back in the day. Ask your did if he remembers Max Kelley. He was the crew chief for the GT40 that won the Daytona 24hr in '69. He go into the mechanic's hall of fame (some snap on deal) for what he did with those cars. He son is my best friend. He still has all the hand written set up notes that Max did for Ford for their manuals. I have some pics of the car rolling in the winners circle with Max sitting on the fender. I'll post them when I get home. Pretty cool stuff. Max passed away a few years ago.
I hear what you are sayin. And I would think that the weekenders that want to finish better roll out of the throttle big time.
For me this will be the perfect testing ground to see if I can pull off my ideas. I pretty much have been setting my boat up for endurance running from the beginning of the project. I've done a few things and spent the extra for things like Carrillo rods that are gun drilled up the beams to oil the wrist pins so it will live for the long haul. We will see how well I did when the time comes.
I never thought I would get the chance to race it but my thinking was if I set it up this way it would be a great river bruiser.
I have a strategy too. I'm gonna run behind Maximus and then easily drive around him with only a few laps to go. lol :eat: :D :eat:
Small world. I had been to Mr Kelley's home many times in the late 60's. He was the only one who could set the Webbers worth a damn. Did you know Bryer Mc Kay or Mr (I think Bruce) Smith. They all gave us a hand. Funny thing was Ford was "no longer" racing at that point but those very bright people were being paid by someone.
;)
I was talking to Dan Gurney a year or so ago and he said that to this day the GT40 program was the only campain he has been around that truley had no budget. What ever the needed they got. Remember Gurney also was funded by Toyota.
Porsche and Ferrari had to get the BB's outlawed so the could compete. Thus came the 302's and Ford still won. Foreigners :cry: :D
After the program closed what did Mr Kelley do? Did he do any work on development of the "J" car? That thing like the 917 was way ahead of it's time......a great era in motorsports.
I would love to see some pics.

flat broke
03-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Cyclone is the other driver for us. I picked him for 2 reasons.
#1 He's into it more then anyone else I can think of. And I trust him to boot.
#2 The boat will get done because if I start lagging he will come over and kick me in the ass so he can go racin.
FOCKER!!!! Ty and I had thought about Mike and I was going to call him, until I got a little PM from someone ASKING to drive with us......:D I couldn't think of a better driver for a JET boat in a race of any type. I better get on the stick picking our crew before you cherry pick all of them too! ;) Can ya do me a favor and at least see if Mike will loan us the ***boat expense account card for our gas run? :D We have to ask to be pitted together. That will be f'n great. My only concern is that our new wheelman will get bored and fall asleep cause he'll be going so slow.
Just got final "are you sure you're cool with me doing this" buyoff from Emily, Tyson is down for the crime and supports our 3rd driver 100%. I'll be calling the doctor to make damn sure that kid hatches on time :D
Chris

superdave013
03-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Max did all kinds of stuff but he went Indy racing and that was his main deal. You must know his son Tim. He's pretty much my best friend these days. Tim's mom, Wanda passed away last year and I saw Bryer at the service.
BTW, When Tim put his first boat together it was a 19' deal with an OMC 800 I/O. He made his own nose cones and pretty much had a full blown IMSA engine in it. That little small block sure hurt alot of feelings. Nobody could figure out why it was so fast. I guess it was the up bringing. lol
After Max called it quits he stated building scale air planes. Big fockers too. His fav was the P51. He made his own bucks and laid everything up his self. They had 2 50cc engines gilmer belted together with a hand made varible pitch prop. He would shit can the mags and make his own multi spark set ups.
Max was a no bull shit kinda guy. One of his saying was "If it's not worth doing right it's just not worth doing at all". He was a huge influnce on me and when I'm trying to figure something out I often stop and think, how would Max have done it?
I'll start a Max Kelly thread and put up some pics that were before my time but you will remember for sure.

MAXIMUS
03-23-2005, 04:07 PM
It will be Grich, myself, & Phil Lukens of Blairs speed shop pasadena doing the piloting... :smile:

flat broke
03-23-2005, 04:21 PM
So Dave,
Was offerin Mikey a driver's slot in the Schiada your way of getting him to convert? :D
Chris

You Te
03-23-2005, 07:09 PM
TOM HUNTER= OWNED BY UCLAHATER
Tom Hunter owned by no one, who is Tom Hunter?
Wrong again Guru, as usual.
Tony Scarlata, a real piece of work.
You Te

You Te
03-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Dont worry Super Dave, Tom goes for days with his fist stuck in his ass. He will be fine.
I had to use my fist Guru, you're just way to small for me.
You Te

You Te
03-23-2005, 07:27 PM
That's a long time with a rib sticking though your lung (or something like that)
Yes it is a long time, of course that can happen on rice road on the way to the river.
You Te

You Te
03-23-2005, 07:30 PM
You Te we all know that you dont like to boat period :( Thats why your boats always in the Garage or when it does touch water Rolands driving it
And it's another swing and a miss from Hater.
You Te

superdave013
03-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Yes it is a long time, of course that can happen on rice road on the way to the river.
You Te
I try not to air the boat out when on rice road. lol

uclahater
03-24-2005, 11:34 AM
And it's another swing and a miss from Hater.
You Te
I guess it not fare for me to keep swingin when you've already been
TKO

You Te
03-24-2005, 09:09 PM
TKO
Not a chance Hater!
You Te

You Te
03-24-2005, 09:11 PM
I try not to air the boat out when on rice road. lol
Hell, I say give it a full shot of nitrous on rice road, that way you know you're ready for the river.
You Te

HavasuBarney
03-25-2005, 03:20 PM
If I could convince Uncle Tony and Rolland the Fish to join me, I think the Barneycraft would fair very well in this little race. :rolleyes:
Where's the link for all the race details?
I'd love to run something like this.

Roland the Fisherman
03-25-2005, 04:20 PM
If I could convince Uncle Tony and Rolland the Fish to join me, I think the Barneycraft would fair very well in this little race. :rolleyes:
Barney, just got off the phone with UT, you know the gay pussy who never brings his boat out of the garage and when he does I have to always drive it?.....Well anyway he and I are in if you are serious.
If we are using your boat I know a printing co. the will sponser fuel and supplies oh and beer.
I'll bet we could get Brian to bring the Kwicherbitchen bikini girls. That way we would have the best boat, drivers, pit crew and cheerleaders. :D :cool:

CrazyHippy
03-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Team Shanker... nice
BJH :cool:

CrazyHippy
03-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Barney, just got off the phone with UT, you know the gay pussy who never brings his boat out of the garage and when he does I have to always drive it?.....Well anyway he and I are in if you are serious.
If we are using your boat I know a printing co. the will sponser fuel and supplies oh and beer.
I'll bet we could get Brian to bring the Kwicherbitchen bikini girls. That way we would have the best boat, drivers, pit crew and cheerleaders. :D :cool:
The shanker girls too... damn
I'm volunteering to be shanker support if needed :cool:
BJH

MAXIMUS
03-25-2005, 05:46 PM
That would be way cool & yes your boat would be the shiat out there! Then roland & U.T. could make pb&j's for all of us in the pits! :D U.T. could make a special for hater with extra jelly... :crossx: Seriously guys get your shiat together & lets have some fun!!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Get the v-drive guy to bring the chicks cause we all know wackers and sausage go hand in hand. :rollside:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/523/2356sausagefest.jpg

Clown Midgets
03-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Still havent decided on what kind of boat to buy.
Who do you people think will finnish first in this race, the Barney wacker boat or one of you v-drives. With all the gay shit that gets flung around, one of you v-drivers is going to step up, enter and kick some wacker butt, right? :confused:

Kim Hanson
03-26-2005, 06:06 AM
Hell yes Barney, kickass and take all the names..........( . )( . ).......... :D :D

flat broke
03-26-2005, 07:15 AM
Still havent decided on what kind of boat to buy.
Who do you people think will finnish first in this race, the Barney wacker boat or one of you v-drives. With all the gay shit that gets flung around, one of you v-drivers is going to step up, enter and kick some wacker butt, right? :confused:
Well, you have to finish to finish first! That being said, I'd lay my vote with Superdave's Schiada, or any number of the other ski race V'drives to finish ahead of the Barney whacker boat. Everyone always rants about outboard longevity, but longevity at cruise vs at WOT are two different things. Holding a 300x at WOT for 3.5 hours isn't much different from running a "car motor" at WOT for the same period.... Except that with 40s in Superdave's Schiada, he can probably cruise around 1000 at considerably less than WOT ;)
Chris

superdave013
03-26-2005, 07:19 AM
The outboards will be hard to beat.
I'm glad that Barney will be running. Nice to see someone from that crew step up and not be a pussy. :eek:
Really though, for me this is a once in a lifetime chance and I'm going for it. I just want to finish and don't plan on winning. I would like to finish before Robbie Gordan though. :hammer2:
Chris, 40's? I would not want to be that under geared for this deal.

Kim Hanson
03-26-2005, 07:36 AM
The outboards will be hard to beat.
I'm glad that Barney will be running. Nice to see someone from that crew step up and not be a pussy. :eek:
Really though, for me this is a once in a lifetime chance and I'm going for it. I just want to finish and don't plan on winning. I would like to finish before Robbie Gordan though. :hammer2:
I only have a 20 gallon fuel tank and how far would that take me Dave :notam: :D .........( . )( . )...........

superdave013
03-26-2005, 07:45 AM
I only have a 20 gallon fuel tank and how far would that take me Dave :notam: :D .........( . )( . )...........
That's for you to deal with.

Kim Hanson
03-26-2005, 07:53 AM
That's for you to deal with.
"My old man isn't a television repairman", so im focked.........( . )( . )......... :redface: :D

flat broke
03-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Damn Dave, 40s would be under-geared? So what, is this thing going to cruise at around 100 at 5k?
As far as Gordon, my bigger concern would be not getting hit by him. If he drives a boat like his sport truck, there could be a lot of close calls. But the way he hammers on crap, Imco will probably have to mount a bucket under the drive to catch all the parts :D
Chris

superdave013
03-26-2005, 10:14 AM
As far as Gordon, my bigger concern would be not getting hit by him. If he drives a boat like his sport truck, there could be a lot of close calls. But the way he hammers on crap, Imco will probably have to mount a bucket under the drive to catch all the parts :D
Chris
I'll be extra carefull when I lap him :p

cyclone
03-26-2005, 11:35 AM
i'm in! i'm in! i'm in! thanks dave!

Clown Midgets
03-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Well, you have to finish to finish first! That being said, I'd lay my vote with Superdave's Schiada, or any number of the other ski race V'drives to finish ahead of the Barney whacker boat. Everyone always rants about outboard longevity, but longevity at cruise vs at WOT are two different things. Holding a 300x at WOT for 3.5 hours isn't much different from running a "car motor" at WOT for the same period.... Except that with 40s in Superdave's Schiada, he can probably cruise around 1000 at considerably less than WOT ;)
Chris
Why would'nt this Barney guy just prop up as well? I read somewhere that he can run from dam to dam at a 100mph with his daily prop. Is that true?
I would think he could strip out some weight (seats, cooler etc.) prop up and cruse.
Do prople swap out drivers or does on person go it alone? One last question, how long is the course? Thanks

Kim Hanson
03-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Why would'nt this Barney guy just prop up as well? I read somewhere that he can run from dam to dam at a 100mph with his daily prop. Is that true?
I would think he could strip out some weight (seats, cooler etc.) prop up and cruse.
Do prople swap out drivers or does on person go it alone? One last question, how long is the course? Thanks
I have been in Barneys boat and it really is to the floor and let her buck kind of boat, I love his boat but way to much bucks for me! Would you like to see a picture?..........( . )( . ).......... :idea:

flat broke
03-27-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm sure he could, but you gotta have the HP to swing the wheel, or all the sudden you're not going anywhere fast. Never been in Barney's boat, not even talking about his specifically. Just pointing out that most folks associate outboards with longevity, and I think that is because Merc limits em enough to ensure that any bonehead can go out there and keep the sticks slammed forward. I haven't exactly heard of that kind of reliability on the modified whackers, but then again, I don't really pay all that much attention to em.
As far as the drivers. You are required to swap drivers at each of the mandatory 10-minute stops, so at a minimum you'd need 2 drivers.
Chris

superdave013
03-28-2005, 07:57 AM
Steve, I was wrong on some dates. It was '66 - '68 when they ran the GT40. In '66 is when they won all three 24hr races and that's what got Max in the hall of fame.

Roland the Fisherman
03-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Steve, I was wrong on some dates. It was '66 - '68 when they ran the GT40. In '66 is when they won all three 24hr races and that's what got Max in the hall of fame.
Thats what I thought, 69 was when Gulf Oil ran the 302's at LeMans and out lasted the bad guys. I believe John Wire as in charge then.
67 was the MK IV's and that was the car the forced all the rule changes.

superdave013
03-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Thats what I thought, 69 was when Gulf Oil ran the 302's at LeMans and out lasted the bad guys. I believe John Wire as in charge then.
67 was the MK IV's and that was the car the forced all the rule changes.
Lets see if Max's son Tim comes out of lurker status. I can see his computer screen from my desk and your avatar is on it. He's reading this thread right now! lol

superdave013
03-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Before my time but I'm sure you remember. Max is the guy on the rear fender.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9Lemans_picture.jpg

Roland the Fisherman
03-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Before my time but I'm sure you remember. Max is the guy on the rear fender.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9Lemans_picture.jpg
For Christ sake, I was only 8 at the time! :p I am trying to post a pic. of my pops car but it won't go, so I will e-mail it to you. :)