PDA

View Full Version : If the Fuel pump runs slow

Sportin' Wood
03-21-2005, 05:35 AM
If the pump is running slow at the service station, turn it off remove the nozzle and go somewhere else. This means that there filter is contaminated and you might have to deal with what I'm going thru.
Water in the Fuel...... Limped into a service station on E for walk a week ago last friday and pumped $65.00 in water into my new Powerstroke. Screwed with the seperator for a couple days tried the crap you put in the fuel, changed the $100 filter,(it had rust in it) and finally had it towed to the dealer. Tech says there was more water then fuel in the tank. Service station says that it can't be there pump.. Ya right!
Nice thing to do to your new truck with only 1170 miles on it. Second time I filed it up. Got the truck back on Friday and the light came back on yesterday. Now I'm out to drain the acumulator again this morning. What a pain in the a$$.

Sweet Addiction
03-21-2005, 05:39 AM
Sorry about the truck, I know your frustration. It really sucks.

jdf
03-21-2005, 06:16 AM
been there that's way i buy fuel at a truck stop or a place that moves a lot of diesel

rrrr
03-21-2005, 09:54 AM
been there that's way i buy fuel at a truck stop or a place that moves a lot of diesel
I always thought so, but then....
I bought fuel at a Love's Travel Stop on the way back from Plowman's, it had all sorts of crap in it. Had to drain the seperator every day for a week before the light quit coming on.
Plus the Ex is too low to crawl under. Uh, or maybe I'm too fat... :eek: :D