PDA

View Full Version : Max is on his way home!!!!!!!

clownpuncher
03-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Remember the story? Max? The Battles dog lost on the day of the accident on Rice Road?
I don't have all the details, but, at this point it doesn't matter. He's been found and is on his way home as I write this post!
On another note, Madison is become more aware of her surroundings and is in "basic" recovery unit. Mom and dad are having a good day :mix:

GrapeApe
03-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Remember the story? Max? The Battles dog lost on the day of the accident on Rice Road?
I don't have all the details, but, at this point it doesn't matter. He's on his way home as I write this post!
On another note, Madison is become more aware of her surroundings and is in "basic" recovery unit. Mom and dad are having a good day :mix:
That is great News to start off my Long Week.... :wink:

RiverDave
03-21-2005, 01:56 PM
I don't have all the details, but, at this point it doesn't matter. He's on his way home as I write this post!
You gotta be kidding me.. They found the dog? That's a miracle in itself! :) I think that just made my whole day. :)
RD <--- dog lover

Mrs Luvnlife
03-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Oh how awesome is this?? That sent chills through my entire body!! I am so happy for the family.....and Max too!! Great news!!

LHC30Victory
03-21-2005, 01:57 PM
That is most encouraging. It appears that the family is becoming whole again! Our prayers continue for all.

clownpuncher
03-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Mike Battles is having bad reception on his cell at the moment. I'm assuming he's on his way back from Parker. As soon as he reaches good signal he'll call and let me know wtf happened. He and Sandy and Camryn came down to the desert and had lunch at with us on Saturday. They told us of reports that a Golden Retriever was found on the day of the T/C and brought to an animal shelter in Parker? Anyhow, as soon as I talk to Mike I'll post the details.

Racer277
03-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Best news I've heard in a while!

Seriously?
03-21-2005, 02:02 PM
What incredible news! I am so happy for Madison and her family. :)

Outnumbered
03-21-2005, 02:03 PM
:smile: :smile: :smile:

Hallett
03-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the great news, like river dave said that made my day to. please fill us in on the details. :rollside: :) :)

Garrddogg
03-21-2005, 02:07 PM
AWSOME news! :D

Bre
03-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Awesome :)

Artv
03-21-2005, 02:08 PM
This just brought a smile to my face.

redneckgirl
03-21-2005, 02:12 PM
That is awesome!!!! Thank you Lord!!!! :D :D

dicudmore
03-21-2005, 02:13 PM
thats great :D

Parker Dreamin
03-21-2005, 02:15 PM
That is so cool......................

Mrs.Racer277
03-21-2005, 02:20 PM
This is fantasic news.

WYRD
03-21-2005, 02:21 PM
That is the best news I have heard all day!!!!!!!!!!!!Very uplifting :D

clownpuncher
03-21-2005, 02:24 PM
LISTEN TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted by Team Lombo on Battles Angel (http://www.battlesangel.com/) .
I can't freakin believe it. I gotta admit I hated the rain these past few weeks, but, I know it saved Max's life.
From Micheal -
Yes you heard me right...IT'S MAX!!!
Mike just picked him up from a house in Havasu. Max was found under a
bush next to the highway on Thursday (4 days ago). That's three and
a half weeks in the desert for this domestic family dog. Talk about a
fighter!
I have few details rightnow, but this is what I know...
Max was very mal-nourished and de-hydrated when he was found. He was
taken home to these people's house and nursed over the past 4 days.
The wife of the man who found him has been making sure he has been
eating every 2 hours, even through the night. Remember what that
psychic said..."hiding under vegetation or some kind of ledge or
cover". Then later she said there is a female presence around
Max...makes you wonder even more!
WOOOOOHOOOOOO
Michael.

BarryMac
03-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Wow this is some terrific news. Like everyone else has said, this news has totally made my day...

Danzo
03-21-2005, 02:29 PM
That's great news! The one greatest thing about this site and boaters in general is that they are the geniune, great people. I have been reading this thread since it started and reserved comment until now for respect of the family and close friends. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic and have been surrounded by incidents like this my whole career. With the news that was coming in I just prayed and was wishing a FULL recovery. I want to thank this families great circle of friends for supporting them through this. I'm sure they will be indebted to you for life. And I want to thank you as well. When you see a 29" Force canopy cat with blue and green mettalic flames at Havasu, stop by and let me buy you a drink or two. You guys have definetely earned my respect!

AirtimeLavey
03-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Awesome news... :D :D

WYRD
03-21-2005, 02:37 PM
That's great news! The one greatest thing about this site and boaters in general is that they are the geniune, great people. I have been reading this thread since it started and reserved comment until now for respect of the family and close friends. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic and have been surrounded by incidents like this my whole career. With the news that was coming in I just prayed and was wishing a FULL recovery. I want to thank this families great circle of friends for supporting them through this. I'm sure they will be indebted to you for life. And I want to thank you as well. When you see a 29" Force canopy cat with blue and green mettalic flames at Havasu, stop by and let me buy you a drink or two. You guys have definetely earned my respect!
wow a 29 inch force cat...............that must carry at least a six pack :crossx: :crossx: J/K brother if I see ya down there I will take you up on the offer for sure :cool: :cool:

Schiada76
03-21-2005, 02:41 PM
:D :D :D
Just made my Monday worthwhile.

malibuken
03-21-2005, 02:42 PM
:D :D :D :D
Super Duper News!!!!

Ducatista
03-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Great news on both fronts!

clownpuncher
03-21-2005, 02:51 PM
.......When you see a 29" Force canopy cat with blue and green mettalic flames at Havasu, stop by and let me buy you a drink or two. You guys have definetely earned my respect!
First my buddy gets his dog back, and now I get FREE drinks. Today just keeps getting better. Thanks Danzo. BTW, where do you work?

Cole Trickle
03-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Wow! :p
That is great news! :smile:
I have always been a sucker for a happy ending. :)
Brandin

BoatFloating
03-21-2005, 03:03 PM
This is great news. Things are really starting to come around for the better. To survive 3 weeks in the desert for anybody is great news. :D

clownpuncher
03-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Just in case ya missed Boxscore's post in the other thread..........................
Talked with Mike.... He picked up the dog. Max is rail thin. He's on his way to the veterinarian. He's been living in the friggen desert out by Iron Mt. He saw Mike and jumped up in his arms. Wagged his tail for the first time in four days according to the guy in Havasu that has been trying to nurse him back to health. That dog is a bonifide BADLANDER! Don't mess with the dog from Iron Mt.

Racer277
03-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Oh Man,
If you keep this up, you're going to make a grown man cry. :redface:
Sure would like to meet the family that took care of him.
Props to them.

Totally IncapASSitated
03-21-2005, 03:37 PM
What a great story...always refreshing to hear something so uplifting and positive!!!

Totally IncapASSitated
03-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Oh Man,
If you keep this up, you're going to make a grown man cry. :redface:
Sure would like to meet the family that took care of him.
Props to them.
Definitely...a thank you card/gift from the HB family to the family that took care of Max is certainly in order!!!

Ziggy
03-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Best news I could have heard today.......
Wickedly Aewsome!!!! :smile: :smile:

clownpuncher
03-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Listen to this........................I just talked to Mike as he was going through Desert Center. The story he was told.........................
On Thursday, March 17th, a road/construction worker? found Max about 13 miles from Iron Mtn, in the salt flat area. (I'm not familiar with that area). Max's head was underneath a bush. He was totally exausted and NEAR DEATH. "On his last breath" were the words described by the rescuer. The rescuer in turn gave the dog to another guy who then took it home in Havasu (?). The good samaritan has two neighbors that just "happened' to be vets. They cared for Max as best they could.
Mike was telephoned last Friday, March 18th, by the La Paz County Humane Society about the find. Apparently another friend of the Battles contacted the LPCHS in regards to a lost dog. The story (T/C and lost dog) was aired on a Parker radio station and somehow word got around about the skinny Golden Retreiver found in the desert and the rest is history.
Mike then told me that Madison took some drinks of apple juice today, opened her mouth on command, tracking things with her eyes, and WATCHING tv. Actually watching the tele. She should start re-hab in a couple of days. Long road ahead, but, in the right direction.
Great day :D :D :D :D

WYRD
03-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Ok I am smiling and sheading a tear at the same time............... :D Prayer WORKS people. Look out world here comes a strong little girl and her dog :D Please let the Battles know that I am very happy for them and if there is anything that can be done I as well as many other people on these boards are more than willing to help out in any way possible :D
Shane
Just this one time it is NOT all about me OK? It is about little Maddie and Camryn :D :D

boxscore
03-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Mike then told me that Madison took some drinks of apple juice today, opened her mouth on command, tracking things with her eyes, and WATCHING tv. Actually watching the tele. She should start re-hab in a couple of days. Long road ahead, but, in the right direction.
Awesome isn't it?... Roland, you state it perfectly about the "long road ahead, but in the right direction". Melissa and I need to come by for a drink sometime.....like... SOON. Please lemme know when you guys will be at the store. This story may as well create some good times and new friendships as well, eh?

BoatPI
03-21-2005, 04:14 PM
And to think some of us have been pitching a Bit$h about the rain. I bet that saved his life, the water and cooler weather. Go DOGGIE. I know how a missing or sick friend can be. My old doggie the bassett "Mary Magdelen" aka Maggie, was recently sick. She is well now and ready for another Havasu swim approaching age 12!

Racer277
03-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Well that's wonderful news.
There is a special place in the Racer's hearts for the local Havasu and Parker radio news stations. It's a long story.
I'm sure she's bawling now, :redface: might as well clock out babe, you won't get any more work done today! :p

clownpuncher
03-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Anytime bro. We have good reason to pop a few beers and laugh a little. Last time I met you guys I was a little hammered at Mikes Bday deal. You got my cell, right?

Mrs.Racer277
03-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Well that's wonderful news.
There is a special place in the Racer's hearts for the local Havasu and Parker radio news stations. It's a long story.
I'm sure she's bawling now, :redface: might as well clock out babe, you won't get any more work done today! :p
You know me to well. :D Please pass the tissue. I am waiting for one more call of good news and this day could not get any better. ;)

boxscore
03-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Last time I met you guys I was a little hammered at Mikes Bday deal.
I didn't notice... I was a little hammered. :messedup: I'll call.

clownpuncher
03-21-2005, 04:24 PM
You know me to well. :D Please pass the tissue. I am waiting for one more call of good news and this day could not get any better. ;)
................Mike then told me that Madison took some drinks of apple juice today, opened her mouth on command, tracking things with her eyes, and WATCHING tv. Actually watching the tele. :D :D She should start re-hab in a couple of days. Long road ahead, but, in the right direction...............

boxscore
03-21-2005, 04:25 PM
................Mike then told me that Madison took some drinks of apple juice today, opened her mouth on command, tracking things with her eyes, and WATCHING tv. Actually watching the tele. :D :D She should start re-hab in a couple of days. Long road ahead, but, in the right direction...............
:)

Wet Dream
03-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Great news. Things are coming together.

Sleek-Jet
03-21-2005, 04:30 PM
I guess I'm not the only one sitting here choked up reading these two threads....
... Fantastic news all around.

Slider
03-21-2005, 05:59 PM
This is such great news.

racecar.hotshoe
03-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Thank You! Man I love good news! :D :D

H20Advantage
03-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Great News, I'll second the chills when reading. Our prayers are still continueing for the family.

Mrs. casean
03-21-2005, 06:55 PM
WOW! This is such amazing news... the family dog and Madison! True miracles. How many tears are being shed accross the HB Family today! WOW WOW WOW. Thank you for the wonderful update. Truley amazing and sooo happy!

victorfb
03-21-2005, 07:02 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D YIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Wayyyyy Cooool. i havnt been able to hear of any progress on madison or max, and now i hear that madison is doing so well and max is coming home. wow. im in tears..

Phat Matt
03-21-2005, 07:20 PM
That is amazing the dog lasted out there!!! It sounds as if everything is finally coming around. Don't rush it and before you know, it'll all be a story around the dinner table.

76BARRON
03-21-2005, 07:24 PM
I would have LOVED to see the look on the dog's face when he saw DAD'S face for the first time........ :D :D :D

mbrown2
03-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Wow...that is great news...

Holland
03-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Simply Incredible!!!!!!!!!!! That is great. I bet Camryn will be excited to see max too!!!!! Very Cool....

4-B
03-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Amazing. :jawdrop: The Mrs and I we heading back from Havasu Sunday and we were discussing Max still being lost in the desert. He's not lost anymore. Very good news. :shift:

Mrs.Racer277
03-21-2005, 07:56 PM
WOW! This is such amazing news... the family dog and Madison! True miracles. How many tears are being shed accross the HB Family today! WOW WOW WOW. Thank you for the wonderful update. Truley amazing and sooo happy!
I can tell you a shed a ton!!! :D

FMluvswater
03-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Grinning tears here too oh wow so incredible Max was found and reunited with "his" humans - I bet Max was worried about them. ;) Then the wonderful news about Madison's latest progress it was all just a lil too much for my tearducts. Wishing the Battles much happiness and for Madison to continue with her amazing recovery progress. :chi: :) :) :)

locogringo
03-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Goes to show; Never, EVER give up hope on anything.
That's great news.

TeamLombo
03-21-2005, 09:00 PM
I am at a loss for words right now...but this should do the trick...:rollside:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2435000_0039-med.jpg
[ Hijacked the photo taken by Holli and posted at Battlesangel.com ]

ratso
03-21-2005, 09:02 PM
...awesome. :D

racecar.hotshoe
03-21-2005, 09:03 PM
That about sums it up alright! :rollside:

purrfecttremor
03-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Holly Shit Hot Boat Made My Day Again! ;)

roln 20s
03-21-2005, 09:19 PM
This is amazing...and more than made my day. It made my week :)
I'm so happy for the Battles family and godbless the person who found Max and took care of him.
Roln 20s

FMluvswater
03-21-2005, 09:21 PM
:D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

essexjet
03-21-2005, 10:32 PM
That is just amazing :D :D :smile: :rollside: :) :) I cant even put it in words.

essexjet
03-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Definitely...a thank you card/gift from the HB family to the family that took care of Max is certainly in order!!!
I totally agree!!!!!!!!

Danzo
03-23-2005, 02:39 PM
First my buddy gets his dog back, and now I get FREE drinks. Today just keeps getting better. Thanks Danzo. BTW, where do you work?
Clownpuncher, I work for LA City Fire in South Central (WATTS!)

Seadog
03-23-2005, 02:44 PM
My first wishes had been about Madison, but I have always been concerned about the dog being forgotten in the midst of everything else. This has definitely made my day.:D:D:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-23-2005, 03:32 PM
I just can't believe it! Dogs are wonderful. If we hadn't had so much rain, that dog wouldn't have survived. I can't believe someone found him. That's wonderful news.
Glad to hear about the good news update regarding Madison, also.