PDA

View Full Version : rayson craft 26' cat

gmocnik
10-16-2001, 12:10 PM
looking for some info....
any info/experience regarding a 26 cat made by rayson craft would be appreciated..i am looking at one that is "brand new", on a trailer, with interior, etc., less motor and drive for $25k...seems like an o.k. price range to start a project....
what would a 25 elim, 24 htm, etc., run new less motor and drive???
any thoughts appreciated...
gary

HTM Racing
10-16-2001, 01:08 PM
Hi
Give Steve a call at HTM and he will give you a price. 661-268-1309

Tom Slick
10-16-2001, 01:51 PM
I have heard that the Rayson craft 26ft cat is actually a splash of a splash, which originated from a Tallon. Only a rumor though. A friend of mine has one, but doesn't get to use it much because something is always wrong with it, if that helps you any.
HTM's are solid hulls that are fast and handle great. Good luck!!

gimprvr
10-17-2001, 08:47 AM
Tom Slick, Something is always wrong with it? The Hull, rigging or the motor? Do you know which model he has? I've heard great things about the Hulls

boatnam2
10-17-2001, 09:26 AM
my buddie has his american offshore at rayson craft for a while and lets just say there was anything that needed to be worked on if you know what i mean!

SVO 540
10-17-2001, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by gmocnik:
any info/experience regarding a 26 cat made by rayson craft would be appreciated..i am looking at one that is "brand new", on a trailer, with interior, etc., less motor and drive for $25k...seems like an o.k. price range to start a project....
gary
I looked at the Rayson Craft and Eliminator before I bought my DCB. I was quoted prices of 20K for the 26 Rayson Craft and 25K for the 25 Daytona. This was for hull, tanks and interior. So if you add in the trailer, you are right at about 25K. Rayson Craft should be very hungry for business. You should be able to grind them down below 25K. Remember, you get what you pay for.

HTM Racing
10-23-2001, 01:09 PM
SPLASH CATS
The only manufactures that I know did not splash their cats HTM / Carrera / Eliminator / Tallon and a handfull of a few others. If it looks like another boat it most likely is. Take a look at the bottom, is it the same as the Tallon or? Call, did they commission their bottom to someone else? I bet not. Bottom line it's sad but if they are building a good boat I guess buy it, to be safe get a big list of customers from the company and see what they have to say ..

Catatonic
11-01-2001, 06:17 AM
HTM Racing brings up a valid point. Referrals, referrals, referrals! Get referrals before you buy. Any manufacturer should be more than willing to provide you with a list of customers to provide objective opinions.

xx29wing
12-09-2001, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by gmocnik:
gary
I own a 26 Rayson Craft, it is one of the finest built hulls i have seen. But dealing with Johnny at Rayson is absolute bullshit. I cant believe he stays in business. I do know last year he was selling bare hull with gas tanks no trailer for 18K 25 for a rigged hull with a triple axel trailer would be a good $

rivercrazy
12-10-2001, 08:49 AM
We saw one run at Castaic over the weekend. It looked nice from a distance. However the owner said he had MAJOR problems with the manufacturer in the areas of service, timely completion of the boat, and some other major crap. This is all just hearsay but the owner of the boat appeared to be an upstanding dude.
Good luck with your decision

RiverDave2
12-10-2001, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Catatonic:
HTM Racing brings up a valid point. Referrals, referrals, referrals! Get referrals before you buy. Any manufacturer should be more than willing to provide you with a list of customers to provide objective opinions.
A list of Customers with Objective opinions?
That doesn't make any sense to me..
RiverCrazy, The guy we met posted right above ya..
RD

rivercrazy
12-10-2001, 11:43 AM
Cool! Another new member

xx29wing
12-10-2001, 05:03 PM
My understanding is the 26 Rayson bottom is a splash of a Firehawk cat I have not heard about the Talon, the top is new design something firehawk should have done a long time ago cause they are FUGLY. Just watch out for Johnny at R.C. if Rudy were still running the show it would not be a concern.

HBjet
12-12-2001, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by HTM Racing:
SPLASH CATS
The only manufactures that I know did not splash their cats HTM / Carrera / Eliminator / Tallon and a handfull of a few others. If it looks like another boat it most likely is. Take a look at the bottom, is it the same as the Tallon or? Call, did they commission their bottom to someone else? I bet not. Bottom line it's sad but if they are building a good boat I guess buy it, to be safe get a big list of customers from the company and see what they have to say ..
Speaking of splashed boats, Not HTM huh?
http://home.socal.rr.com/boatbutts/HTM%20Splash.jpg
Sure as hell looks like a splashed Warlock to me.
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited December 12, 2001).]

bigq
12-12-2001, 05:53 PM
HB, I think it's time for the to take you're little green pill again, delusion is setting in. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif
Originally posted by HBjet:
HBjet

HBjet
12-12-2001, 08:52 PM
Sorry Bud! I took the Red Pill.
If your telling me these boats look nothing alike, you might want to clean your monitor screen. Look at the bottom lines. I know the tops are totally different, the Warlock looks good, the HTM looks goofy. I'm not saying the HTM isn't a good boat, I'm just saying the bottom is WAY too similar to a Warlock 28 cat. About the top design, it just looks a little too euro for my tastes.
If I'm wrong, someone please prove me wrong. I don't mind someone proving me wrong, I have no problem. I do however have a problem with people saying something isn't so, when it is too obvious to the naked eye. I always have my camera around, the next time I see an HTM and a Warlock, I'm going to make sure I snap away.
HBjet

Chet 17
12-12-2001, 09:19 PM
Hey HB Jet look real close at the size of those relief cuts on the warlock and location verses the small reliefs on your blurry pic of someones HTM. and why not snap a pic of their bottoms so we can compare, Thats where the big difference is. most cats look alike at the bottom line. the angle of deadrise is similar but have you ever ridden in a warlock or a HTM so you can compare, or has any one?
I've been in a 25 warlock and what a beating I took in minimal chop, like riding a broncing bull, talk about porpoise that thing needed 36" tunnel tabs....just my .02

HBjet
12-12-2001, 09:51 PM
Chet17, Do you actually think there are 2 pictures of different boats out there in the angle and the same ratio? Dude, I'm lucky I was able to find these two as close as they are. Now, as far as most cats look alike at the bottom line, maybe in that they have sponsons... Anyway, to make you happy, go here http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000102.html
Now tell me what you think?
In the picture on this post, look at the transom angle, look at the first step location, look at the last step at the back of the hull. How many boats do you know of that have this many cosmetic similarities that are not in some way the same boat?
HBjet

RiverDave2
12-13-2001, 10:07 AM
Chet when your shortening a hull by four feet your going to be removing/changing the way the steps are in the bottom. If they didn't the second step would be at the transom of the HTM.
LOOK AT THE PICTURE Chet... The next time I'm at the river I'm going to take a tape measure with me and measure a thing or two and set this little argument to bed once and for all. If you want my honest opinion right now though, It's a shortened Warlock..
RD

gimprvr
12-13-2001, 10:35 AM
I'm sure Warlock would no.

Chet 17
12-13-2001, 06:57 PM
Hey check this one out and how small and fine these are compared to that warlock you posted, the warlock has huge relief cuts and real deep similar to a big V.
Also this is a SS and you posted a SR. the SR was the first model from HTM and 2 years later the SS with many hours of testing and tweaking to acheive what is now their standard bottom and this was passed onto the SR also.
You guys are welcome to take the tape to mine if you would like I will bring it home just before christmas, maybe I can get a pic of the rear to answer some questions..
Late
Chet
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/Z4/kH/sa/aJ97315.jpg

HBjet
12-13-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Chet 17:
Also this is a SS and you posted a SR. the SR was the first model from HTM and 2 years later the SS with many hours of testing and tweaking to acheive what is now their standard bottom and this was passed onto the SR also.
Chet17, exactly what I'm saying. The first boat is similar to the Warlock. I would think they would have more some changes along the way when new models are developed. Then if a new design works, you intergrate it into the older designs to improve them. So relief cuts on a later model don't mean anything, relief cuts on the first model do. Nice looking boat though, and what city do you live in, I'll swing by with some silvers.
HBjet

Chet 17
12-13-2001, 08:44 PM
Well I used to live in HB a few years ago and took a job in Oregon then came back after a year and bought in Chino Hills, Made money, moved to Diamond Bar, where I presently live, also to make some more money and if I keep moving every 3 yrs and at 4 to 5 miles at a time I figure in about 21 years we can be neighbors....
Met Wifey while in HB and lived with her for a year and took plunge and now she is on me about when can we live back at the beach.
I would rather stay here and have a house in havasu with boat then one house at the beach.
at least thats my speach to her. my .02

mrpumpsHTM
12-13-2001, 09:49 PM
HBjet
YOU NEED A HOBBY GET A F%#KING TAPE ,I DID , NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HBjet
12-13-2001, 11:07 PM
Chet17, I know many people who lived in HB, moved out, and can't wait to move back. Lucky for me, I grew up in Fountain Valley, and at 18 moved to Huntington Beach and I've lived here ever since. I love this place. I drive down PCH everyday to and from work, the weather is mostly pretty good all year around. Let me know next time your comming this way.
MrPumpsHTM, Easy! You tell me to get a hobby, I tell you to RELAX! You don't happen to own HTM do you? If so, prove me wrong. You say get a tape, I got one, I say give me access to your boat. I'll even bring you a case if silvers. Please check out my topic called "What Cat is this?"
Thanks
HBjet
BTW, this is just a perk.

boatnam2
12-14-2001, 05:15 AM
well in my own personal opinion the htm really dosen't look like a htm.warlock has been making that cat for 10 years or more and nothing has changed.i know caliber one is coming out with a cat that is a warlock,i seen the mold at caliber one.as far as rayson craft goes i know my freind took his ao there so they could take measurments of the bottom.who cares if a carrera is splashed that hull is slow as shit.there's a guy that always has his carrera at gs and it has a ton of power and its a sled.ao,firehawk and howard are all the exact same boat i dont need to tell you who's cat has been out there the longest of those three.starts with a and ends with o.

boatnam2
12-14-2001, 05:16 AM
i mean really dosen't look like a warlock.

sofaking
12-14-2001, 07:18 AM
and AO is a splashed Talon

HTM Lady
12-14-2001, 08:22 AM
Chet17, I know many people who lived in HB, moved out, and can't wait to move back. Lucky for me, I grew up in Fountain Valley, and at 18 moved to Huntington Beach and I've lived here ever since. I love this place. I drive down PCH everyday to and from work, the weather is mostly pretty good all year around. Let me know next time your comming this way.
MrPumpsHTM, Easy! You tell me to get a hobby, I tell you to RELAX! You don't happen to own HTM do you? If so, prove me wrong. You say get a tape, I got one, I say give me access to your boat. I'll even bring you a case if silvers. Please check out my topic called "What Cat is this?"
Thanks
HBjet
BTW, this is just a perk.
HB Jet
whats your deal? Do you even realize how many boats out there have simularities. It doesnt make them a splash. Not to mention maybe you should post looking for someone with a HTM to ask questions or better yet call Steve a HTM before you start running at the mouth. When people like you start posts this way all it does is create negative feed back instead of knowledgeable information. Ive seem a few Warlocks and alot of HTM's and they are not the same.

rivercrazy
12-14-2001, 08:39 AM
HBJ is just trying to learn. I see nothing wrong with that.
There are a hell of alot of boats out there that are splashed or slightly modified splashes. Very few manufacturers out there create their own designs and molds from scratch. Most of them are the best respected names and have been in business for a LONG time. To me the reason is simple, it takes significant $$$, R&D, and time to create a good performing new hull. Most startup companies and young companies do not have the money or desire to create their own boats...
HBJ is just trying to determine which category HTM belongs in.

HTM Lady
12-14-2001, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy:
HBJ is just trying to learn. I see nothing wrong with that.
There are a hell of alot of boats out there that are splashed or slightly modified splashes. Very few manufacturers out there create their own designs and molds from scratch. Most of them are the best respected names and have been in business for a LONG time. To me the reason is simple, it takes significant $$$, R&D, and time to create a good performing new hull. Most startup companies and young companies do not have the money or desire to create their own boats...
HBJ is just trying to determine which category HTM belongs in.
Rivercrazy
After following all the slander against HTM and asking alot of questions myself. Trying to learn and not in preferance for HTM just wanting to know the truth. Its easy to ask alot as questions a women about different boats and all the men who own the different boats are willing to fill the ear. I have found that the HTM is not a splash. It has changed alot since the beginning of manufacture and improved.The person who can best answer any questions about qualities or flaws in the beginning would be Steve from HTM. As far as I can tell he has no problem speaking to anyone.He's a really cool Guy.

HBjet
12-14-2001, 09:42 AM
HTM Lady, People like me running my mouth? Create negative feed back instead of knowledgeable information? I think what I'm doing is knowledgeable information. Again, if you read my earlier posts, I have never said there is anything wrong with the HTM, I had only said what I don't like about it, and that's just my opinion. I have never said do not buy them, buy Warlock. I really don't care what people buy, it's there money. I was just reading through this thread when I saw HTM Racing say there boat is not splashed. He also said "If it looks like another boat it most likely is." So what I'm doing is saying that a Warlock and HTM sure do look alike, and to prove me wrong that the HTM wasn't, in some way splashed off the Warlock 28' cat. I'm not saying this was done without permission, etc. I'm just pointing out what I see and what to know the truth. Whats so wrong with that HTM Lady? FYI, My Eliminator jet boat was origianlly designed by Liberaty Boats (no longer in business) The molds were sold to Eliminator, and the bottom is used for the Carrera Eclipse jet boat. Again, I don't care, I just want to know what the real deal is. Relax.
HBjet
PS, again, I don't care about the boat there making today, I care about the first boat they made. Of course over time and testing, there are going to make changes from the origianl plug, so a boat made today will be different then one made when they first started.
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited December 14, 2001).]

HTM Lady
12-14-2001, 10:10 AM
HTM Lady, People like me running my mouth? Create negative feed back instead of knowledgeable information? I think what I'm doing is knowledgeable information. Again, if you read my earlier posts, I have never said there is anything wrong with the HTM, I had only said what I don't like about it, and that's just my opinion. I have never said do not buy them, buy Warlock. I really don't care what people buy, it's there money. I was just reading through this thread when I saw HTM Racing say there boat is not splashed. He also said "If it looks like another boat it most likely is." So what I'm doing is saying that a Warlock and HTM sure do look alike, and to prove me wrong that the HTM wasn't, in some way splashed off the Warlock 28' cat. I'm not saying this was done without permission, etc. I'm just pointing out what I see and what to know the truth. Whats so wrong with that HTM Lady? FYI, My Eliminator jet boat was origianlly designed by Liberaty Boats (no longer in business) The molds were sold to Eliminator, and the bottom is used for the Carrera Eclipse jet boat. Again, I don't care, I just want to know what the real deal is. Relax.
HBjet
PS, again, I don't care about the boat there making today, I care about the first boat they made. Of course over time and testing, there are going to make changes from the origianl plug, so a boat made today will be different then one made when they first started.
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited December 14, 2001).]
HBjet,
To tell you the truth I have never really compared on of the first HTM's to the Warlock ,only the new. As far as the negative. Please read back threw HTM responds to rumors. Tha splash issue is the same crap everyone starts the negative with. Maybe that wasnt you point. If not I appologize for the jump on you. It gets really old trying to clarify and defend HTM. There are alot of people that like to bash because of jealousy. You are obviously not one of them. But like I said to Rivercrazy call Steve at HTM he is really cool and would be more than willing to answer any questions about old or new HTM's that you might have. He has no problem with people coing to the plant and checking out the boat.

RiverDave2
12-14-2001, 10:16 AM
HTMLady, this may come off kind of harsh, but being this is the second time you shot your mouth off I think you kinda deserve it..
I'd be willing to bet dollars for donuts YOU have never seen a Warlock and HTM side by side. IF you did, it was probably under the context of being hammered at the sand bar and deciding which one you want to go for a ride in.. I sincerely doubt that you actually examined the bottoms of both boats and came to any determination of whether it is a Splash or not..
Secondly, Being a splash off something is NOT a bad thing. IT's very common in the marine industry.. I can tell you that many changes have occurred from the original HTM's bottom to the ones of today. Not necesarrily becuase I examined them inch for inch, but becuase I rode in a few. I can already seen some differences just in the pics between the HTM and the Warlock.. However judging by the lifting strake on the front sponson I would say that Warlock was probably used as the original pattern.. Once again this is NOT a bad thing.. Warlock is a fine boat. The next time I'm at the river I'm going to take a tape measure and actually measure my buddies warlock and the first HTM I can find. Then I will know the truth for myself and I will share it with everyone on the board.
HTMLady, I hope that you didn't take that the "wrong way" as I'm only trying to prevent the "feeding frenzy" that will be happening on your a** if you continue to go down this road..
If you choose to go the other way and tell me to go "F" myself then that's up to you as well, but I'll shoot out a simple question for you to Ponder "How did you come to the conclusion that they are not a splash?"
Remember Mr.Pumps, HTM Racing, myself and a alot of other people on this board can say something like, "I looked at it and it's not a splash and that's good enough.."
However, (I will use someone else as an example so that I'm not giving the impression that I'm picking on ya) If MissHBJet, were to come in here and say "HTM IS NOT A SPLASH OFF A WARLOCK" Well that's going to carry about as much water as a bucket with a bunch of holes in the bottom..
If you would like to share information with the group please share things of YOUR OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES and things you know alot about.. I hardly believe some guy giving you rides in his boat makes you an expert.
OF course I could be way off base in all of this, maybe you have a PHD in hull design for all that I know, I'm just telling you what I've observed, and saving you from a lot of headache down the road.
RD

MissHBjet
12-14-2001, 10:31 AM
Right on RiverDave...You put her back in check!
MissHBjet

Havasu Hangin'
12-14-2001, 10:33 AM
Alright boys and girls,
IMHO, until someone puts a tape measure on them, EVERYONE (including Mrs. HH) is speculating. A picture doesn't do it for me- there are sooooo many boats out there that look similar in pictures.
Also, personally, I don't care if it's a splash. As long as it floats the way I wanted it to- who cares where the technology came from? Let the manufacturers fight for the intellectual property rights- that's part of doing business.
So if you guys are trying to fill up the "Cats & Tunnels" section with useless debates while waiting for summer...
...keep up the good work!
http://www.lamer.net/guesswhat.jpg
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy25.gif

HBjet
12-14-2001, 11:21 AM
Everyone, the only reason I brought up the HTM splashed or not is only because on this statment made by HTM Racing. What he said here contradicts himself.
SPLASH CATS
The only manufactures that I know did not splash their cats HTM / Carrera / Eliminator / Tallon and a handfull of a few others. If it looks like another boat it most likely is.
So what I'm saying is that the Warlock and HTM bottom sure do look the same, and as HTM Racing said, if it looks like another boat, it most likely is....So that is the reason for my posts. So prove me wrong? Let me come out and see your HTM, and for you Warlock owners, if you could let me see your boat, that would be great, I'll be stocked up on silvers for all of you.
HBjet (truth seeker)

HTM Lady
12-14-2001, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave2:
HTMLady, this may come off kind of harsh, but being this is the second time you shot your mouth off I think you kinda deserve it..
I'd be willing to bet dollars for donuts YOU have never seen a Warlock and HTM side by side. IF you did, it was probably under the context of being hammered at the sand bar and deciding which one you want to go for a ride in.. I sincerely doubt that you actually examined the bottoms of both boats and came to any determination of whether it is a Splash or not..
Secondly, Being a splash off something is NOT a bad thing. IT's very common in the marine industry.. I can tell you that many changes have occurred from the original HTM's bottom to the ones of today. Not necesarrily becuase I examined them inch for inch, but becuase I rode in a few. I can already seen some differences just in the pics between the HTM and the Warlock.. However judging by the lifting strake on the front sponson I would say that Warlock was probably used as the original pattern.. Once again this is NOT a bad thing.. Warlock is a fine boat. The next time I'm at the river I'm going to take a tape measure and actually measure my buddies warlock and the first HTM I can find. Then I will know the truth for myself and I will share it with everyone on the board.
HTMLady, I hope that you didn't take that the "wrong way" as I'm only trying to prevent the "feeding frenzy" that will be happening on your a** if you continue to go down this road..
If you choose to go the other way and tell me to go "F" myself then that's up to you as well, but I'll shoot out a simple question for you to Ponder "How did you come to the conclusion that they are not a splash?"
Remember Mr.Pumps, HTM Racing, myself and a alot of other people on this board can say something like, "I looked at it and it's not a splash and that's good enough.."
However, (I will use someone else as an example so that I'm not giving the impression that I'm picking on ya) If MissHBJet, were to come in here and say "HTM IS NOT A SPLASH OFF A WARLOCK" Well that's going to carry about as much water as a bucket with a bunch of holes in the bottom..
If you would like to share information with the group please share things of YOUR OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES and things you know alot about.. I hardly believe some guy giving you rides in his boat makes you an expert.
OF course I could be way off base in all of this, maybe you have a PHD in hull design for all that I know, I'm just telling you what I've observed, and saving you from a lot of headache down the road.
RD
RiverDave.
I dont get why as you call it a matter of personal opinion shooting my mouth off.
Other than Im a woman. As far as next to one another yes Ive seen them. No I didnt have a tape measure. Ive only rode in the HTM"s. As far as drunk at the Sand Bar. Sorry thats not my style. So yes that was offensive. My main point behind all of this is that yes alot of them look alike and to stop the frenzy.As I keep repeating any one can call Steve at HTM and get measurments or ask questions so we can get all of the truth posted on the board and end the tit for tat.As far as my info coming from rides, no that would make me way off based. Ive sat with Steve and his developers asking alot of questions just so If I did say anything it would be from knowledge and not bullshit. To bad everyone gopt so uptight.

RiverDave2
12-14-2001, 12:26 PM
HTMLady, I did not mean to insult you or HTM. I was simply offering a bit of advice to save you from the troubles on the road ahead if you so choose to continue down it..
Just a word of advice that whole post summed up in a sentance " Don't talk about what you don't know about, becuase these guys can be pretty relentless at times."
By the way YOU NEVER ANSWERED MY QUESTION.
"How did you determine that it's not a splash?" as you said it with such confidence in your post above? (sense you are now hanging out with the designers and are portraying yourself to be knowledgable)

RiverDave2
12-14-2001, 12:37 PM
Further explanation:
Sometimes people trying to help can actually hurt... A perfect example of this is KMAHTM, All that I'm saying is don't go down that road... Guy talking an awful lot about sh*t he knows absolutely nothing about.. Then he talks about how great HTM's are.. Guys like him are the reason for HTM's questionable reputation (among other things) becuase people "correlate" them together.
In reality a little bit of HTM's reputation has been tarnished by some joker that doesn't even own one (KMAHTM).. You have just started to travel down that road in my eyes, and I'm trying to do you a favor and put the brakes on for ya.. Not trying to hurt your feelings or whatever, I'm actually (more or less) the BIG WARNING sign on the side of the road saying "Danger ahead" telling you not to go there. Do as you wish...
RD

HTM Lady
12-14-2001, 01:22 PM
HTMLady, I did not mean to insult you or HTM. I was simply offering a bit of advice to save you from the troubles on the road ahead if you so choose to continue down it..
Just a word of advice that whole post summed up in a sentance " Don't talk about what you don't know about, becuase these guys can be pretty relentless at times."
By the way YOU NEVER ANSWERED MY QUESTION.
"How did you determine that it's not a splash?" as you said it with such confidence in your post above? (sense you are now hanging out with the designers and are portraying yourself to be knowledgable)
Riverdave,
I dont believe you ever insulted HTM only me with the sand bar comment. I try not to talk about anything that I dont get or have information on. so as far as my information coming from riding in boats. Its kind or judgemental. Some women like to have knowledge about the hull and the motor in the boat. Its not just a ride thing.
As far as the guys being relentless. I can handle myself but thanks for looking out for me.
As far as hanging out with the designers. Thats not what I said. I had the opportunity to sit and talk with them and ask alot of questions about shape, molds, materials and design. As far as not a splash. After speaking with Steve and others at HTM I personnaly feel its not a splash.
As far as knowledgeable, more than alot of those who post there opinion.But then again thats my personnal opinion

HTM Lady
12-14-2001, 01:34 PM
Further explanation:
Sometimes people trying to help can actually hurt... A perfect example of this is KMAHTM, All that I'm saying is don't go down that road... Guy talking an awful lot about sh*t he knows absolutely nothing about.. Then he talks about how great HTM's are.. Guys like him are the reason for HTM's questionable reputation (among other things) becuase people "correlate" them together.
In reality a little bit of HTM's reputation has been tarnished by some joker that doesn't even own one (KMAHTM).. You have just started to travel down that road in my eyes, and I'm trying to do you a favor and put the brakes on for ya.. Not trying to hurt your feelings or whatever, I'm actually (more or less) the BIG WARNING sign on the side of the road saying "Danger ahead" telling you not to go there. Do as you wish...
RD
Riverdave,
I totally appreciate the warning. I never inteded for it to be taken as a negative. If you remember all the heat about a month ago . I just did not want it to start again.
As far as the guy that hurt HTM's reputation. Thats a story Im unfamiliar with. But yes not a road I wish to travel. I personnally feel we need to get both the boats next to each other with the Company owners and measure them out and get it posted. Just to stop the crap.
Just to set the post straight NO I do not own a HTM. Just date a guy who does.Which has led me to meet alot of others who do.

gimprvr
12-14-2001, 02:29 PM
This is Funny. Although a splashed boat is exteremely common it's not a bad thing, like RD says.
Ask HTM if they splashed the Warlock, i'm sure you'll hear a no answer
Ask Warlock if HTM splashed, you may hear a differnt story.
I'm not implying that I know anything, rather just suggesting getting the other parties story to put this to rest

RiverDave2
12-14-2001, 02:42 PM
Actually if you ask HTM they don't answer ya.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif I did ask them on the next thread over! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif j/k (Easy HTMlady, I'm just kidding around)
In my ever ever going quest for the truth I will take the measurements in a month or two and "put it to bed."
RD

Chet 17
12-14-2001, 02:48 PM
Hello HTM lady, Details about who your dating and what boat and motor configuration your partner has will be greatly appreciated. Inquiring minds need to know,
This will help my opinion about you and your expertise within the HTM world.
Feel free to include Pictures and purchase date so we can really narrow down the Significant other......
Love
Chet
I mean Late, Chet
[This message has been edited by Chet 17 (edited December 14, 2001).]

mrpumps HTM
12-14-2001, 03:09 PM
Hello HTM lady, Details about who your dating and what boat and motor configuration your partner has will be greatly appreciated. Inquiring minds need to know,
This will help my opinion about you and your expertise within the HTM world.
Feel free to include Pictures and purchase date so we can really narrow down the Significant other......
Love
Chet
I mean Late, Chet
[This message has been edited by Chet 17 (edited December 14, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by mrpumps HTM (edited December 14, 2001).]

mrpumps HTM
12-14-2001, 03:34 PM
RIVER DAVE ..HTM RACING HAD NOT VIEWED THIS FORUM as of 2:00 PM TODAY (just wait for the proooooof its in the bottom photo's). DAMM you guys are pretty tuff on my homegirl whats up!!!!!!!!!!!!! its all good all in fun PS.......... RD GET READY did i say test ride test ride you need a lifeline jacket

mrpumps HTM
12-14-2001, 04:05 PM
HEY RIVER DAVE YOU CAN BE THE JUDGE!!!!!! meet me at the HTM factory take a little tour ,take measurements,meet the owners, see for yourself and put all of this @#$%$#@! TO REST ........... OH YA be nice to HTM lady!!!!! would not like to see you in a loose fitting lifeline jacket at 140+

RiverDave2
12-14-2001, 04:21 PM
I know Mr.pumps, I was just joking about the HTM Racing not responding.
I think it's about time me and HBJet, took a little tour of a couple of factories with a tape measure, and a note pad.. Put some rumors to bed.
RD

HTM Racing
12-14-2001, 04:36 PM
Great picture, I wish they had did the side by side with this shot, the differences are night and day.
Hey check this one out and how small and fine these are compared to that warlock you posted, the warlock has huge relief cuts and real deep similar to a big V.
You guys are welcome to take the tape to mine if you would like I will bring it home just before christmas, maybe I can get a pic of the rear to answer some questions..
Late
Chet
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/Z4/kH/sa/aJ97315.jpg

DMB
12-14-2001, 04:51 PM
[This message has been edited by DMB (edited January 11, 2002).]

HTM Racing
12-14-2001, 04:58 PM
Hi RD I think we did reply but not directly to your post. Were busy building, and do not have tons of time to be on these boards. NO NOT A SPLASH.
Actually if you ask HTM they don't answer ya.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif I did ask them on the next thread over! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif j/k (Easy HTMlady, I'm just kidding around)
In my ever ever going quest for the truth I will take the measurements in a month or two and "put it to bed."
RD

mrpumps HTM
12-14-2001, 05:00 PM
DFM dont have a clue what your talking about oh ya MR PIMP IS MY NICKNAME ask your WOMAN(just kidding you know all in fun)

DMB
12-14-2001, 05:46 PM
[This message has been edited by DMB (edited January 12, 2002).]

DMB
12-14-2001, 05:48 PM
MR PUMP,Just kidding all in fun,

mrpumpsHTM
12-14-2001, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by DMB:
MR Pimp er pump,whose HTM lady the baby siter
By the way Im, gay
IT FIGURES and so what if shes the baby sitter its all in fun
[This message has been edited by mrpumpsHTM (edited December 17, 2001).]

DMB
12-14-2001, 06:31 PM
Honey Hush,
PS. have her home by 11......PM!!!!!
Oh yeah the girls say mr limp behind your back, AHHHHH!!!! so thats why they call you mr pump
[This message has been edited by DMB (edited December 14, 2001).]

Havasu Hangin'
12-14-2001, 06:35 PM
http://www.lamer.net/gaydar.gif
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy25.gif

HBjet
12-14-2001, 07:35 PM
Great picture, I wish they had did the side by side with this shot, the differences are night and day.
You right, it is night time in this picture. HTM Racing, AGAIN, I'm not talking about the boat you are making today, WE ALL KNOW THERE HAVE BEEN SOME CHANGES! What I'm talking about is the first boat you made. You say not a splash, then put up some pictures of the side and back of your first SR24 hulls. This should not be a problem, because I know you have the pictures. If you need me to put them up, email me, I'll be happy to. If you give some reason that you don't have any, then you just settled this thing, and your first hull is splashed.
HBjet

HBjet
12-14-2001, 08:00 PM
HTM Racing, can you put up a picture of the wood mold, from when you first designed the hull? Side shot, or even a rear shot, that shouldn't be a big deal, since you did design the boat from scratch.
HBjet

waterbum
12-15-2001, 08:01 AM
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

mrpumpsHTM
12-15-2001, 12:24 PM
Honey Hush,
PS. have her home by 11......PM!!!!!
Oh yeah the girls say mr limp behind your back, AHH

DMB
12-15-2001, 03:58 PM
Did I hit a nerve POPs,my moms ass,your digging dude,MR LIMP,= Scrawny little egotistical infantile middle aged adolesant,with rubber bands for arms, JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

mrpumpsHTM
12-15-2001, 04:20 PM
DO MY BUTT (DMB)!!!!!!!! HAVE A NICE DAY
[This message has been edited by mrpumpsHTM (edited December 15, 2001).]

DMB
12-15-2001, 05:11 PM

Hustler
12-15-2001, 06:00 PM
You guy's are a couple of HOMO's http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif LMAO
Hustler
Merry Christmas.....Homo's

mrpumpsHTM
12-15-2001, 09:18 PM
DO MY BUTT DMB i quit heroin just yesterday,
[This message has been edited by mrpumpsHTM (edited December 16, 2001).]

DMB
12-16-2001, 08:25 AM
Mr Limp, Just following your lead on that Crack pipe, cock fag,boy butt,mother juvenile whatever last one, sorry! I came down to your level.
This verbal dagger throwing has nothing to do with our other posts,if what your saying about my other posts in a blanket manner holds true, It also would be true about your other posts,think before you state something, WHO ARE YOU, THE GOVENOR OF TRUTH GET REAL DUDE.
What did I say that you realy did not want others to know to make you go that direction.
PS: Your bullshit bled thru on the last one.
Merry Christmas Mr Pump
[This message has been edited by DMB (edited December 16, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by DMB (edited December 16, 2001).]

mrpumpsHTM
12-16-2001, 11:16 AM
DO MORE BOYS (dbm) since you want this forum to be a bitch slap Im in. Do you own a boat?If so what kind?I doubt its what you posted about. Does it go faster on the trailer than the water?If you look at the earliest post you open this can of worms? Sorry if you took on more than you could swallow. You know your kind likes to swallow( self admitted).Bring your trash to the lake someday and well see what your really about.No time to play with you today some of us have actual lifes.I will check in later to see how you spent your day on the internet.

boatnam2
12-16-2001, 11:48 AM
man you guys should of been at the op6 christmas party at riverdaves last night,you could of settled it there.

DMB
12-16-2001, 09:36 PM

midmagic
12-17-2001, 12:27 AM
For Your Information! The Rayson Craft in question is a splashed Carrera!!! After a court order, Carrera now owns the mold in question and has posession of it. I have seen it at Carrera!

boatnam2
12-17-2001, 06:00 AM
well if it is a carrera to bad,very slow hull.

mrpumpsHTM
12-17-2001, 07:41 AM
DMB YOU ARE NOT A VARY NICE BOY we know now ,but again what boat do you run?????????

RiverDave2
12-17-2001, 08:26 AM
Mr.Pump & DMB, it would appear that you are both knowledgeable and could throw a lot of useful information into the pot. Can't we all just get along? Or would you like me to put a whoopin on both of ya.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif j/k
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited December 17, 2001).]

HBjet
12-17-2001, 08:30 AM
The Rason Craft looked nothing like a Carrera bottom. If you ask me, it looked a lot like an Eliminator bottom. I'm just going by what I saw 2 weeks ago.
HBjet

DMB
12-17-2001, 10:46 AM
River Dave, you are correct,further I will apologize to the boards for getting off the original intentions of these forums.
Mr Pump, sorry for yanking your chain and getting us off the proper topics, It became
a very ugly pissing contest to witch neither of us would back down.
And just for the record, I do not condone bashing or singling out a MFG of any piticular make, Im sure every one of them have had there problems to work thru just like any other business.

MrHavasuCat
12-17-2001, 11:57 AM
A picture of the HTM plug would put this to rest, or maybe somone that has been to the HTM factory that has seen the plug could say so.
I have seen the DCB plugs, and actually saw them building the plug for the mach 34, so maybe somone has seen the same at HTM? Maybe HTM could post a picture. DCB's plugs have been in ***boat mag so I would not think a picture would reveal any "secrets".

HBjet
12-17-2001, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by MrHavasuCat:
A picture of the HTM plug would put this to rest, or maybe somone that has been to the HTM factory that has seen the plug could say so.
Maybe HTM could post a picture. DCB's plugs have been in ***boat mag so I would not think a picture would reveal any "secrets".
It is not in our best intrest to post photo's of our bottom and compromise it's safety allowing anyone to try and copy our design.
Well, it looks like HTM thinks differently. I really don't think one 640x480 pixel image with a 72dpi on the net would give anyone the edge they would need to copy an HTM. Hell, you can pick up a used one for a pretty good price, I'd think they would do that first.
HBjet

gimprvr
12-17-2001, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by midmagic:
For Your Information! The Rayson Craft in question is a splashed Carrera!!! After a court order, Carrera now owns the mold in question and has posession of it. I have seen it at Carrera!
Sorry Midmagic, your wrong. the Rayson Craft is a splash of a Talon. The mold your talking about was delivered back to Carrera from Force.

SVO 540
12-17-2001, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by gimprvr:
Sorry Midmagic, your wrong. the Rayson Craft is a splash of a Talon. The mold your talking about was delivered back to Carrera from Force.
Like gimprvr said, the Rayson Craft is a splash of a Talon. Heard it from Rayson Craft at the LA boat show last Feb.

kmahtm
12-17-2001, 02:07 PM
Mr pimp er pump,why are you always so quick to defend HTM but so willing to jump right behind someone(kmahtm) else that was slamming another MFG yes I caught that!,if you read the original post by HTM RACING the guy shot himself in foot,talk to him about shooting his mouth off,this was a thread were a guy asked about a rayson craft and HTM jumped in to pitch his boat,then boasted about non splashed cats,he pulled his own pants down and bent over and handded a jar of vasiline to the whole fuggen board. Maybe if you guys were a little more humble you would not be defending yourselves so much.
By the way I think you answered Chet 17 question for him
PS:Remember its all in good fun
now that we have your attention please go to the post on htm-cheetah in cats and tunnels and check 7-14-01 about half way down page ward post prime ie of bashing i know a little old but bashing just the same also read somewhere that ward changed to dbm so not be noticed?please stick with one name please don't let the size of your ball's be a factor!

RiverDave2
12-17-2001, 05:05 PM
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Bro... I dunno how else to tell you this, but...
A. Your not helping matters much...
B. No one likes you.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD

HTMCHARLIE
12-17-2001, 05:07 PM
DBM i guess i am curious also what kind of boat do you own. i see mr pumps asked you that ? several times because i got a feeling that you just have a keyboard and don't actually own a boat. i've seen mr pumps boat and talked to him about it at the sandbar in havasu he knows everything about every inch of his boat so why don't you just reply and tell him about your boat . i'm happy myself with my 78 mph boat SR24 OPEN BOW
p.s. i didn't see mr pump bashing any boats we just saw you going off !!!!

mrpumpsHTM
12-17-2001, 05:13 PM
RD WHATS UP dude i have a jacket for you. about 2 weeks to go and who is kmahtm

boatnam2
12-17-2001, 09:39 PM
i told you raysoncraft is a copy of a tallon since an american offshore is a tallon and my buddie took his american offshore to raysoncraft to take measurementsits starting to make since.

HBjet
12-17-2001, 10:25 PM
...then there was this guy who had this Eliminator which he let his buddy borrow who then built this DCB and this other guy saw that and then took his deep v and cut in half then this guy stole on of the halfs and then made this other cat and then this other guy just bought a jet boat, but his brother bought another cat which later he found out it was a warlock, and then he was confused so he bought an HTM and then realized it was a deck boat so he sold it to this guy on the forums who later made Force Offshore but that wasn't working so well so then they broke into this shop and found some donuts but then saw jet pumps and left but the cop who reported the break in owned a Carrera and he saw a similar boat which wasn't so they put out an APB on the other boat which was a thought to be an American Offshore but then they saw it had colors so they had to let it go and start all over until someone called in a tip that Ultra had a 27' cat but no one has ever really seen it so they went to investigate but ended up finding a 19' cat which was unfinished because the motor was missing so they felt bad and left...
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited December 18, 2001).]

boatnam2
12-18-2001, 08:37 AM
THATS a good one hb!

RiverDave2
12-18-2001, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by mrpumpsHTM:
RD WHATS UP dude i have a jacket for you. about 2 weeks to go and who is kmahtm
2 Weeks sounds good by me! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif I'm really looking forward to this.. Even though it could be the end for me.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
As far as who kmahtm is.. I thought it was you with another screen name at first just messing around, but nowadays I dunno, Just some psycho I guess.
RD

Jrocket
12-18-2001, 07:44 PM
HBjet,Oh ya got me dizzy on that one.....JR