PDA

View Full Version : Drop spindles.....Who's Good????

Ranz1
03-22-2005, 02:11 PM
I have been out of the mini truckin seen for a few years. I see ther are a few makers of drop spindles aposed to bacK when there were only Bell Tech and Aim Industries maken them. What i want to know is who makes good quality spindles that will keep my tires from wearing, ball joint from premature wear, ect? I know Bell Techs are great but are twice the cost as others. Thanks

Cole Trickle
03-22-2005, 02:14 PM
What kind of truck?
Drop spindles were the way to go on the obs chevys but the 99+ trucks like lower control arms.(No good/safe spindles)
Brandin

Ranz1
03-22-2005, 02:26 PM
'93 Toyota Pickup

mirvin
03-22-2005, 02:27 PM
I have DJM on my 95 Silverado. All I can say is they go through ball joints like crazy.
DJM is still around (Gardena) so maybe they've improved their product. Also DJM uses a dropped A arm with the stock spindle. I've hears there is an advantage to using the stock spindles but I'm not sure what that is.....although I have gotten great customer service from them. They guarantee thier shocks for life and I've gone through 3 sets for free so far.
mirvin :wink:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
03-22-2005, 02:34 PM
McGaupheys (sp) seem to be the best......matter of a fact bell tech started copying some of their stuff. just another brand to check into. I am not sure if they make them for toyotas
Omega

Beer-30
03-22-2005, 04:52 PM
I have McGaughey's spindles on the wife's '04 Yukon and they work great. 20K miles with no problems. It was the only choice anyway, since I have the AUTORIDE suspension.

Ranz1
03-23-2005, 11:48 AM
I also have to consider that this truck will be drivin 3 hrs on the highway to and from work.
Weres Cyclone......Doesnt he know about this stuff :idea: ???