PDA

View Full Version : Room addition ?

Fire Angler
04-24-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm finishing up a 408 sf (26'x16') room addition. The Wife wants to put in a laminate floor which we both like, but now that the walls have been drywalled & textured, the echo is unreal. It has a ceiling height at the ridge at 18', it's a big "A" frame room.
Will the laminate floor with a couple of rugs deaden the echo enough (this will be our entertainment room), or should I be thinking along the line of Berber carpet? or something else?
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/13501Room_Addition_4-21-06-med.jpg

Jyruiz
04-24-2006, 02:26 PM
I put two rugs on the floor and it helped a lot, but id did not get rid of the echo all together, it is way better than before though. My room is 16x30 with vaulted ceilings, the furniture also helps out.

Mandelon
04-24-2006, 02:47 PM
The laminate floors that float over foam really echo a lot. Especially clonking along in heels like my wife does. You can get a type that glues down and that will help, the more soft stuff you can put in there the more it will help to reduce sound transmission. Carpet, wall hangings, furniture etc.

Wmc
04-24-2006, 02:51 PM
We did a game room addition approx. 600 s.f. with 9' ceiling and we have laminate floors, rug under the pool table. The noise is not bad at all, no echo. When your partying you won't here echo anyways. Good luck and enjoy.