PDA

View Full Version : need advice

triple x tx
08-26-2001, 06:25 PM
i have a tx-19 berk pump,droop,diverter,468,tunnel ram,2 660 center sqirters,blah,blah,blah.....motor turns 5200 rpm gps at 66.4 mph...is this the norm?dont know what the impeller is im guessing its an "a" but not sure..i think the boat should be faster,what do you guys think????

triple x tx
08-26-2001, 06:33 PM
p.s. my fat a$$ ol lady was also in the boat http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Jetmugg
08-26-2001, 06:35 PM
Triple X:
I just sold a CP Gullwing (same hull as your TX-19). For comparison, at 5200 rpm, mine would run 82.3 mph on GPS. This was with about 475 HP, a Dominator 12-S with an A/B impeller, flowed bowl, ride plate, back-cut shoe, droop, and diverter.
It sounds to me like your pump may need some work. The very best advice I can give is to call Jack at MPD. There may be others who are very good, but the quality of Jack's knowledge and work is undeniable. This is especially true with CP/TX-19 type hulls. He knows how to set up pumps to make these boats fly.
Don't let anybody else fool you, MPD knows their stuff. Like I said, there may be others who are just as good, but you will not be sorry if you call MPD.
SteveM.

triple x tx
08-26-2001, 06:43 PM
my pump is fresh the boat pulls great just think it should run faster there is no slop in the pump and i had a buddy of mine who is a ride plate guru adjust mine.....a buddy of mine has a southwind tunnel bbc his boat turns right at 5000 rpm gps 72

rstover1
08-27-2001, 06:42 AM
triple x I notice you are from midwest city. do you ever boat at thunderbird? If so I've probably seen you what color is your boat I've got a red and silver tx I go out there sometimes watch everyone race a couple of weeks ago I went out and got spanked by two chicks in a veehull.But who better to get beat by. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

LVjetboy
08-27-2001, 06:49 AM
That's be my choice to be spanked by. Just an opinion. Don't mind me...

beached1
08-27-2001, 06:53 AM
Don't call MPD for at least a couple weeks. If you bog him down with phone calls, he won't be able to finish my shit. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

mister460
08-27-2001, 10:59 AM
Damn, they usually just throw stuff at me and drive away screaming...oh wait...the potato goes in the FRONT of my shorts. Well, I guess I got a new plan for this weekend!

Rat Raft
08-27-2001, 01:46 PM
My Youngblood which is what a TX19 was splashed from runs 82-83 @5200 /w a MPD preped pump with a SS B impeller. I also run a MPD ride plate & shoe. I doubt I have any more HP than you. I have a 427. I think you are about 20 mph from where you should be if your motor is running right.

triple x tx
08-27-2001, 02:54 PM
rstover i go dirtybird every sunday...my tx is white,maroon, and grey ..do you know jimmy hill.....he has a blown alchol injected hydro...jimmy is my cousin, i usually hang out with the speedtek guys.....anyways i guess its agreed my boat is running slow???

triple x tx
08-27-2001, 02:58 PM
p.s. the motor runs like a champ!!!!!"a little bit lean though"

rstover1
08-27-2001, 03:35 PM
I used to work for Jimmy Hill but when I started it was rainy season and I got tired of sittin on the couch.Not his fault but in that type of work if it rains you cant work.I've seen you out there I dont think I ever talked to you I thought you were faster than that. I now work with Roger Madole you should talk to him he has one of the fastest tx's I've seen. I'll look for you next time I'm at dirty bird
[This message has been edited by rstover1 (edited August 27, 2001).]

triple x tx
08-27-2001, 03:45 PM
i talked to roger couldnt find a good time to hook up with him..did he fix his? my boat use to BE single 750 dp edelshit rpm robber intake..but it seemed faster..i think whiskey and i ran but i was drunk.and whiskeys boat was "hoggin" water i dont think whiskey runs 90 bobbie bebout spanked him "BAD" HE RUNS AROUND 85...BUT I WAS PROBABLY DRUNK...

Jetmugg
08-27-2001, 04:07 PM
Triple X:
Something is definitely not quite right, unless you are running a "D" cut impeller, or something similar. 5200 rpms and a tight pump should get you over 75 mph easily in a TX.
Steve.

ChetCapoli
08-27-2001, 04:37 PM
Hey tx,
what kind of HP do you think you have? You dont mention if you have a shoe/rideplate or even what model berk you have. If your in the midwest somewhere i would give Hi-tech performance a call, they are just as good if not better than anyone. Good luck
Chet

rstover1
08-27-2001, 05:20 PM
Last time I talked to Roger his boat was running unless somthing happened last I herd he was going to quit pushing his so hard he said it was wanting to go airborn to bad scarred him I might come out sunday the bird will be way crowded that lake needs to be about ten times bigger for all the people going to it.My tx isn'nt really a racer stock 454 dominator but I still like to go bullshit with everyone..

triple x tx
08-27-2001, 05:30 PM
LAST WEEKEND ROGER BUSTED A CORNEROUT OF HIS TX,OR DEVELOPED A CRACK OF SOME KIND,RSTOVER IM TRYING TO PICTURE YOUR BOAT BUT I CANT IM SURE I HAVE SEEN IT...YOUR RIGHT THOUGH,THE BULLSHITIN IS WHEREITS AT.

triple x tx
08-27-2001, 05:32 PM
im guessing h.p. around 475 give or take,have to go look at pump to see what model it is (get back to you on it)

TX19
08-27-2001, 05:34 PM
XXX TX....my TX19 and yours sound about the same. I can't get mine to run the mph others are running either. They may have something with those MPD pumps and set ups. I run the same stuff, but the only way my TX19 will see the speeds they are posting is on my trailer going downhill. My last motor was going 6200 RPM's(mechanical tachometer)with a B impeller and I went 82 mph on GPS. Maybe the rivers are uphill here.

triple x tx
08-27-2001, 05:36 PM
lol preach on brother tx19

TX19
08-28-2001, 02:43 PM
XXX TX...You had mentioned a passenger in your boat. A 150 lb. (a small Tx woman)passenger in the front seat of my boat my boat (with the last set up I mentioned) will bring the speed down about 2mph but it sure handles a lot better.
I was serious about the Jack McClure prepared boats from MPD. I would really like to know the set ups these 90 mph guys are using with 50 - 100 less horsepower than me.

Jetmugg
08-28-2001, 05:35 PM
MPD magic is a wonderful thing. Jack did the original pump build on my CP Gullwing, as well as doing some additional high-po work after the inital installation. He knows how to set up pumps, and Bill Scotten knows how to build hulls. I'll give as much detail as I can, but there is no substitute for calling Jack and talking to him firsthand. Mine was a Dominator 12S - with an MPD prepped A/B impeller (3 grooves cut into the wear ring mating surface). The bowl was the factory Dominator unit, with a flow job by Jack. The intake was a stock unit, machined for a ride plate and shoe by Jack. The shoe was a 5/8" 2 degree back cut shoe by Jack, and a 0.060" shim (by me). It had an open center "river racer" loader by Jack. The biting edge of the shoe was set up about 0.060" above the keel line. The ride plate was 4 degrees up. The Aggressor droop snoot was wedged down 4 degrees, and it had a standard size manual control place diverter.
My engine was pretty mild (about 475 hp, with thru-transom exhaust), but did have aluminum heads and intake, which shaved about 100 pounds off the back of the boat. This was not a race boat by any means, but just a quick family boat, which ran a best speed of 82.6 mph at 5200 rpm in a slight chop at Lake Of The Ozarks.
I just sold this boat last week, and the new owner lives in Alaska. I'll bet that he's going to have one of the quickest jet boats in the whole state. LOL.
SteveM.