PDA

View Full Version : Computer Fax?

Outnumbered
03-23-2005, 02:40 PM
I have been using the built-in computer fax that was in my old machine until I got this new Compaq last month. It has the same fax modem set-up as the old one but it will not answer half the time. I have re-configured it and it is set-up correctly as far as I can tell. Anyone have any ideas or can anyone suggest a better program to use for e-faxing? I have gotton so used to using it that I can't go back to the old-school fax machine.
Thanks

C-2
03-23-2005, 02:56 PM
I have been using the built-in computer fax that was in my old machine until I got this new Compaq last month. It has the same fax modem set-up as the old one but it will not answer half the time. I have re-configured it and it is set-up correctly as far as I can tell. Anyone have any ideas or can anyone suggest a better program to use for e-faxing? I have gotton so used to using it that I can't go back to the old-school fax machine.
Thanks
i have a Compaq desktop (2.5 years old) and have never ben able to get the fax to work with WinFax Pro. No matter what I try - the damn thing doesn't work and I gave up. It works with the standrad XP fax wizard - but that lame program doesn't allow broadcast faxing, logging fax details etc.
If you are looking for incoming capability only - try Ureach.com. You get an 800 number and unlimited faxes - you can save them as tiff images, convert them to WORD (if you have a full version of Acrobat), do whatever to them. All for like $10 a month. There are many, many cool features of Ureach I won't get into here, PM if you want details.

Outnumbered
03-23-2005, 03:08 PM
i have a Compaq desktop (2.5 years old) and have never ben able to get the fax to work with WinFax Pro. No matter what I try - the damn thing doesn't work and I gave up. It works with the standrad XP fax wizard - but that lame program doesn't allow broadcast faxing, logging fax details etc.
If you are looking for incoming capability only - try Ureach.com. You get an 800 number and unlimited faxes - you can save them as tiff images, convert them to WORD (if you have a full version of Acrobat), do whatever to them. All for like $10 a month. There are many, many cool features of Ureach I won't get into here, PM if you want details.
I was thinking of something like that service but was trying to keep my fax numbers the same. Will they allow you to use your existing fax#?
Thanks

C-2
03-23-2005, 03:14 PM
I was thinking of something like that service but was trying to keep my fax numbers the same. Will they allow you to use your existing fax#?
Thanks
Have them forwarded to the Ureach number - since it's toll free, you won't incur any additional charges.
If you are using this in a business environment, Ureach kicks ass. Toll free, email notification, call notification, IM notifcation, call forwarding, lines will chase you up to five numbers, can access your info from the field - makes life very easy. Also some sneaky ass stuff you can do with it.
Efax sucks, will nickle and dime you to death.