PDA

View Full Version : Jack Daniels!

throwerb
03-24-2005, 05:40 AM
Going to take the tour of the distillery monday, who's been their and what do they sell you can't buy somewhere else? Orders? :D

RiverOtter
03-24-2005, 05:44 AM
Going to take the tour of the distillery monday, who's been their and what do they sell you can't buy somewhere else? Orders? :D
I think Nashvillebound now owns some of that place :D . BTW now that y'all are over here it's Jack Damage :D

throwerb
03-24-2005, 05:49 AM
I think Nashvillebound now owns some of that place :D .
That's why he keeps telling me to go check it out. I think he might own the whole state in a few years. :D

Forkin' Crazy
03-24-2005, 05:50 AM
Isn't it located in a dry county? Seems I remember something like that..... maybe they give samples. :)
Have fun!!! :cool:

RiverOtter
03-24-2005, 05:52 AM
Isn't it located in a dry county? Seems I remember something like that..... maybe they give samples. :)
Have fun!!! :cool:
Yup, dry county. Gotta love the South :cool:

RiverOtter
03-24-2005, 05:53 AM
That's why he keeps telling me to go check it out. I think he might own the whole state in a few years. :D
I hear he may be the new mayor of the Boro :eek:

throwerb
03-24-2005, 08:14 AM
I hear he may be the new mayor of the Boro :eek:
If you get one vote per property you own there, he would have enough to vote himself in :wink:

RiverOtter
03-24-2005, 08:21 AM
If you get one vote per property you own there, he would have enough to vote himself in :wink:
LOL :D

ECeptor
03-24-2005, 08:29 AM
I was there a few years back...very cool tour! It is in a dry county, but the passed a special law allowing either the distillery or the shops in the local town to sell. Wayyyyy too much $$$ to let them pass it by.
BTW, that dry county has more gallons of wiskey than any other in the world. The tops of the hills around there are full of barns full of barrels of whisky aging to perfection. Another trival point is Mr. Jack Daniels was short...very short...like 5 foot nothing on a good day short! Another is that 1/2 of what JD produces is exported out of the US. 1/2 of what they export goes to Germany!
Beautiful part of the country - gotta love those hill and trees!

NashvilleBound
03-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Sheeshh...I go away for a few minutes and you guys are slamming my rep..... the distillery is a great tour. No samples, they just offer three higher end lables. The 1915 is what we always buy...90 proof and very smooth. Wear comfortable shoes as there is some walking involved.

throwerb
03-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Sheeshh...I go away for a few minutes and you guys are slamming my rep..... the distillery is a great tour. No samples, they just offer three higher end lables. The 1915 is what we always buy...90 proof and very smooth. Wear comfortable shoes as there is some walking involved.
Are you going to be around or will you be headed to heavensu for a new boat?

NashvilleBound
03-24-2005, 03:46 PM
I am waiting for the powers that be in havasu to decide if they want to mess with me. I guess not this weekend and next I will be in Bristol. I hate waiting like this.

JB in so cal
03-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Hoping to enjoy some Jack on the Deck of your brand new..............?

Flying Tiger
03-24-2005, 03:55 PM
http://www.jackdanielsgoods.com/shop/assets/product_images/1005_md.jpg
This is called a Jack Daniels salesmans glass.
Used over 100 years ago by Jacks traveling salesman.
You can float Jack on Water with it. Bet people you can, then after ya take the bet,, reveal the glass.
Kinda cool.

RiverOtter
03-24-2005, 04:20 PM
http://www.jackdanielsgoods.com/shop/assets/product_images/1005_md.jpg
This is called a Jack Daniels salesmans glass.
Used over 100 years ago by Jacks traveling salesman.
You can float Jack on Water with it. Bet people you can, then after ya take the bet,, reveal the glass.
Kinda cool.
Those things got me in a bit of trouble once :redface:

NashvilleBound
03-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Hoping to enjoy some Jack on the Deck of your brand new..............?
How do you say...HELL YA!!!!!!! Now I just need the new ride;)

JB in so cal
03-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Who's in first place? Any company I might know? :coffeycup

NashvilleBound
03-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Pretty much what we talked about....

MsDrmr
03-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Never tasted the actual drink, but I tell ya, I love the Jack Daniles sauce at TGI Fridays.....can't get enough of that stuff... :rolleyes: