PDA

View Full Version : Which amp

cc322
03-25-2005, 07:24 AM
Which is a good amp to buy for my boat? I have a connection at al & eds and he said alpine is good, My question is I dont want a overheating issue with the amp shutting down. Is there certain ones that have coolers or fans built into them? Do I get a 4 channel 2 or 5?

riverbound
03-25-2005, 10:18 AM
From what I hear the new Alpines are pretty nice.

BoatFloating
03-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Which is a good amp to buy for my boat? I have a connection at al & eds and he said alpine is good, My question is I dont want a overheating issue with the amp shutting down. Is there certain ones that have coolers or fans built into them? Do I get a 4 channel 2 or 5?
Some amps have fans not all. I've been very impressed with JL's amps. Alpine makes good products so I can't see why they wouldn't make a good amp. And channels depends on what you're going to use it for and if it's your only amp and are you running subs????

cc322
03-25-2005, 07:25 PM
No subs right now but someday maybe

cc322
03-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Fricken slowv around here

boxscore
03-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Fricken slowv around here
I got learned about PG amps recently... they offer high power amps and they look pretty darn cool

Havasu Hangin'
03-26-2005, 07:02 AM
Most Amps Overheat Because They Have A Low Resistive Load. Many Shops Don't Hesitate In Doing That Beacuse:
A) It Works Well In A Car
B) It's Cheaper For The Customer
However, In A Boat In The Desert, Everything Gets Hotter Quicker. If You Want To Try And Minimize Heat, Install A High-Quality Amp At Higher Than It's Lowest Ohm Load Rating (More Expensive Since You Are Not Using The Amp To It's Full Potential), And Put Fans On It (More Expensive To Install).
Good Luck.
:D

UltraSound1
03-26-2005, 03:33 PM
I have not dealt with the Bazooka amplifiers but I know they are able to be liquid cooled. If you can find the old PPI art deco series amplifiers they can also be liquid cooled. That gives you a couple of options on keeping your amps cool.
Hope this helps.

rvrhlic
03-26-2005, 07:25 PM
I have had JL amps in all my boats and never had any problems with them. I would recommend them.

ROZ
03-29-2005, 10:53 AM
I have had JL amps in all my boats and never had any problems with them. I would recommend them.
Thinking of running a cooling tube right down the middle of the heatsink fins at the top of anamp just for fun... RD? :D