Hustler
03-25-2005, 08:18 AM
I heard about that, was that new bowl?

Hustler
03-25-2005, 08:19 AM
By the way Chris congrats on a great weekend at Ming

hack job
03-25-2005, 08:48 AM
looks like there might have been a core shift while that thing was being cast i cant believe that they make there bowls that thin. atleast i hope not :eek:

superdave013
03-25-2005, 08:51 AM
That would not have happened if it was double studded. :rolleyes:
Hey, look at the bright side. At least it was on the outside of the boat.

roostwear
03-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Tell the polisher to ease up a tad......

MudPumper
03-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Chris, do you have any pics of the MPD boat that lost the cleanout/pop off?

littlewood
03-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Let's see here is pop's pat answer: "well I guess you have more horsepower than you thought"
Ok, if his impellers are compared to Cadilac's then this bowl must be a YUGO.
Someone is going to get hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LITTLEWOOD

sanger rat
03-25-2005, 04:03 PM
That would not have happened if it was double studded. :rolleyes:
Why do you say that?

MikeF
03-25-2005, 04:17 PM
Why do you say that?
I'm sure he's fkn around. :shift:
Man......those impellers sure do load hard. :umm: :umm:

Squirtcha?
03-25-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm sure he's fkn around. :shift:
Man......those impellers sure do load hard. :umm: :umm:
Superdave fkn around??????????? Really?

Jake W2
03-25-2005, 09:40 PM
JB Weld will fix that focker rite up.Must not have used an Aggressor imp with it. :rollside:
Jake

jweeks123
03-25-2005, 10:31 PM
isn't there pics of that on the njba site?
jw

Cs19
03-25-2005, 11:22 PM
No, sorry Mike I dont have any pics of that, maybe check the NJBA site like Jweeks mentioned.?
See you in a few weeks again Mike?
CS

superdave013
03-26-2005, 07:03 AM
Why do you say that?
It would load both flanges more evenly and would not put stress risers into the main part of the bowl.
Squirtcha? ya gotta admit that's some good stuff :cool:
Of course I'm messin around. What is really going on is that impeller wants out so it can be a propeller. :eek:

MikeF
03-26-2005, 07:10 AM
Maybe for saftey sake, Aggressor should start sonic checking their parts before selling them to the public to see if it is actually a "good" part. To keep the failure rate down too. :clover:
With marketing saying that they make the best parts....they are still getting torn up on the forum for reasons like this. :220v:

superdave013
03-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Maybe for saftey sake, Aggressor should start sonic checking their parts before selling them to the public to see if it is actually a "good" part. To keep the failure rate down too. :clover:
With marketing saying that they make the best parts....they are still getting torn up on the forum for reasons like this. :220v:
Maybe it was you hero that tried to lighten it up a bit to much? OMG I'm on a roll. :)

MikeF
03-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Maybe it was you hero that tried to lighten it up a bit to much? OMG I'm on a roll. :)
I have never seen a buffing wheel in that place so if anything, that kind of work would be sent out.
Maybe it was one of those Extrude honed models.
Don't you have a boat to finish! Not gonna get much done w/ your fingers on the keys. :)

flat broke
03-26-2005, 08:05 AM
CS or one of the other NJBA regulars could answer this better, but I don't believe that boat was done by MikeF's "hero" ;)
Isn't that the same pump setup that Cyclone's going to run on his new boat? :D Now who's on a roll Davey? ;)
Chris

cyclone
03-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Same pump indeed. I've been told that particular bowl came from a batch that was machined inproperly. Supposedly mine is different. guess we'll wait and see. If it dont work, i've got my old parts as backup.

steelcomp
03-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Impellers that explode, bowls that explode...man, I'm gonna go out and buy me some Agressor shiot right away!!
NOT! :hammer2:

Jake W2
03-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Steel I got some shiot I'll sell ya. :D LMAO
Jake

superdave013
03-26-2005, 10:17 AM
CS or one of the other NJBA regulars could answer this better, but I don't believe that boat was done by MikeF's "hero" ;)
Isn't that the same pump setup that Cyclone's going to run on his new boat? :D Now who's on a roll Davey? ;)
Chris
The dude in your avatar is rolling pretty good it seems. ;)

steelcomp
03-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Maybe they just need to have a better handle on their manufacturing in the first place. Imagine if Ford or GM allowed enough core shift to allow engine blocks to fail, or other critical castings. :hammer2:

bp
03-26-2005, 11:45 AM
according to jerry, the berk intake in the hot tub was made in 1976 (that's how long he had it). it came apart below the handhole when he hit the popoff, and was about 3/8" to 1/2" thick at that point. a lot of years of hard pounding.
the bowl above was on it's second pass, barely got off the rope, in a brand new boat that belongs to the guy that runerred up last year in the ihba division 1 se class. a serious guy that over the winter spent some serious money for a new hull/new pump. i don't believe this has anything to do with the guy that laidup/rigged the boat. this has to do with lack of quality. mikef is absolutely correct, and it's disgraceful.

RCB19
03-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Looks like this might be the carnage as it happened.
http://spect8foto.com/Events/NJBA%20Mar%202005/Page%201/HB0D0087.jpg
http://spect8foto.com/Events/NJBA%20Mar%202005/Page%201/HB0D0092.jpg
http://spect8foto.com/Events/NJBA%20Mar%202005/Page%201/HB0D0093.jpg

cyclone
03-26-2005, 12:59 PM
now that's one heck of a roost! :D

revndave
03-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Looks like some core shift going on in the casting.My Aggressor bowl is fine.

jweeks123
03-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Looks like some core shift going on in the casting.looks like a foundry problem. who would think to check for something like that. noone should point at the boat builder or the rigger.
jw

steelcomp
03-26-2005, 08:45 PM
looks like a foundry problem. who would think to check for something like that. noone should point at the boat builder or the rigger.
jw
Who would think to check???? Whoever is in charge of QC. That's a fundamantal issue with castings, especially precision castings. There's people who are paid to make sure things like that don't happen. If a certain amount is unavoidable, then the part needs to be re-designed to accomodate any unavoidable shifting. Certainly not the boat builder or rigger's fault. This lies right in the lap of the mfgr.

ChetCapoli
03-27-2005, 09:11 AM
No, sorry Mike I dont have any pics of that, maybe check the NJBA site like Jweeks mentioned.?
CS
WOW looky here again....didnt take me long to find out what the hotham sanwhichman was talking about...man those brand X parts are junk must be eh?? Better get rid of that bowl jake or you'll be in for trouble! Funny your seeing more and more of them for some reason. With examples like this why would any racer use one???. I count my blessings everyday being as foolish as i was. :rolleyes: American turbine without a doubt if there every is a next time. Good job SC19....your such a good soldier! An extra krispy kreme for you! LMAO!
Of course we dont see any pics of handholes(get fired for that)....(should be SC19 for "senior cheerleader"). SC19 was too busy doing what he is told instead of working on his boat....oh thats right his boat is already fast enough. He has the proper parts in it is why. Me bad. $$$LMAO$$$
Nice motor you have btw there bud(look good in a PROP boat for sure!).....funny tho i dont see YOUR name on it after you told me otherwise......not much to do yourself(more like "do-what-your-told") there.....:D JUST WRITE THE CHECK?.
Are you HB's relative or something?? Where is he btw...i miss the good ol days. :( Now the drama is just made up and not from the heart....just not the same. Maybe this "core shift" is more like a "changing of the guard"?
CHET

flat broke
03-27-2005, 10:39 AM
WOW looky here again....didnt take me long to find out what the hotham sanwhichman was talking about...man those brand X parts are junk must be eh?? Better get rid of that bowl jake or you'll be in for trouble! Funny your seeing more and more of them for some reason. With examples like this why would any racer use one???. I count my blessings everyday being as foolish as i was. :rolleyes: American turbine without a doubt if there every is a next time. Good job SC19....your such a good soldier! An extra krispy kreme for you! LMAO!
Of course we dont see any pics of handholes(get fired for that)....(should be SC19 for "senior cheerleader"). SC19 was too busy doing what he is told instead of working on his boat....oh thats right his boat is already fast enough. He has the proper parts in it is why. Me bad. $$$LMAO$$$
Nice motor you have btw there bud(look good in a PROP boat for sure!).....funny tho i dont see YOUR name on it after you told me otherwise......not much to do yourself(more like "do-what-your-told") there.....:D JUST WRITE THE CHECK?.
Are you HB's relative or something?? Where is he btw...i miss the good ol days. :( Now the drama is just made up and not from the heart....just not the same. Maybe this "core shift" is more like a "changing of the guard"?
CHET
As usual, you're outta line Chet. Chris didn't say a single word about who's parts were on there, why the broke etc, etc. Everyone else speculated, including myself and current Aggressor parts users. As far as where Randy is, last I checked he's been busy at work and probably doesn't want to waste what little free time he has dealing with tools like yourself.
As far as cutting on the effort and time that CS has into his rig... you have no idea what you're talking about. That boat runs the number because of HIS exacting attention to detail, the time he has invested in the boat setup, and his dedication to acheiving his goals. As I have asked time and time again, why don't you refrain from posting unless you have something constructive, helpful, or isightful to add? No one's post came out and bashed on a specfic person; because there was no need to. Then you come on, spew your tired rhetoric that doesn't really have anything to do with the subject at hand and make some ignorant remarks about a person you have never met.
Even if hell froze over and you did make a valid point for a change, no one would notice because your posts are automatically dismissed as the ramblings of a tool.
Chris

Jake W2
03-27-2005, 12:47 PM
I was just f'en around with Steel there Chester.
I am truley not worried about that happing to my bowl.
Pops has had some bad luck with his parts through out the years.
As far as Chris goes you are making your self look like a fool with the check writing coments.
Jake

cyclone
03-27-2005, 01:02 PM
CHET
Maybe if Chris put some fine handicap rails on his boat you'd like him a little more? dumbass. :rolleyes:

Cs19
03-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Of course we dont see any pics of handholes(get fired for that)..
We dont? What about the pics I posted of my BERK. clean out cover that I broke? What about the pics I posted of my BERK. suction I grenaded? Things break, it happens.Someone asked about where they can see the pics of the other broken jet parts fom last race, well I told them where they are located..NJBARACING.NET.
The berk parts that let go were made in the 70s, plenty of HARD passes on those parts, plenty of championships and records set with those parts, if you ask me, that guy got his money worth.
SC19 was too busy doing what he is told instead of working on his boat....oh thats right his boat is already fast enough.
Wow you sure know alot about me and how I do things, being youve never been to Ming. Lots of board members came by my pit last race, maybe they want to comment on who was working on my boat, and who was lying in the dirt all weekend changing hardware,running around like a chicken with his head cut off.Chet, where are you getting your info from? Or are you assuming? Remember,assumption is the mother of all f*#k ups.
Chet, I do take advice when it comes to making changes at the track and in between races. When you have experts there offering advice, youd be a dumbshit not to listen, sure if you want to go a different route, there is nothing wrong with that, but atleast listen to the people who have decades of experience who are going out of thier way to help you.However, when it comes to working on my boat, I do the work, nothing to brag about really, just turning wrenches and occasionly fabbing parts. I leave the engine alone other than normal maintenece (lash, oil changes, etc.) and your wrong about it being fast enough, I have a goal, not there yet.
Thanks ,the engine is just great, but I didnt build it, never claimed that I built it. I think most of us know DNE built it, I just supplied money and a few good used parts.Yep, just cut a check, if I had to do it over, Id do the exact same thing.Am I a chump for having an engine built? The bottom line is, I can't build an engine that makes that kind of power with the parts I had. Im sure I could handle building something that makes decent power and survive a few seasons, for this project, that was not what I wanted to do. Deal with it.
Not much to do, now thats funny. PLENTY to do, problem is , I just cant seem to get it all done and keep the girlfriend happy at the same time.
Look Chet, we all go about things different, in my book your part of the redneck injuneeering team, I stick to a different program, seems to be working so far. Ive dropped from a 9.60 to a 9.0 without even touching the engine, havent even checked the plugs, changed jetting, anything.
Are you HB's relative or something?? Where is he btw...i miss the good ol days.
Hb is busy like the rest of us, hes working his ass off, having fun, doing his thing, getting ready for river season.
CS

steelcomp
03-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey Chit...do you ever go to the races??
Why don't you just get a dog and kick it....you'd probably get a lot more satisfaction out of that. You've got to be the most miserable, jealous SOB I've EVER heard spew garbage outa their hole.
Why don't you just come to the races one day and hang around and see what goes on. You could tell us all what we're doing wrong, and how to fix it!! Man that would be cool, for you to grace us with your holy presence. But I'll give ya a little word of advice for your own safety...don't tell anyone who you are. ;)

FuelInMyVeins82
03-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Funny that you say he just pays the bills and lets other people do the work because I share a shop with CS and I can tell you first hand that most if not all the brakets, wiring, steering etc was fabricated, setup and mantained by him. But hey if you dont believe us come out to the races and see for your self, and be sure to stop by the pits and introduce your self I sure would like meet you first hand.

WUTWZAT
03-27-2005, 03:26 PM
CS19, congrats on a good weekend, I am one of those board members that stopped by your pit. I didn't talk to you cause yes you were the one turning the wrenches and running around trying to get your stuff together. I wouldn't say you were like a chicken with his head cut off, but you had short time between heats for someone with minimal help. Looking forward to meeting you some day when your not so busy, I was with the guys from CLM.
Jason

Brooski
03-27-2005, 06:51 PM
As WUTWZAT just said, I was there too in the pit, but didnt have time to talk to Chris, because HE was doing all the work to the boat between runs. HIM, no one else. By listening to other veterans with years of experience, he is smart, because that will help him reach his goal. And so what if he paid an expert to build his engine. Anyone intelligent turns to the pros when they want something done right. At least he is out there racing his boat, doing what he wants to do, and not talking smack like some dumbass like you.

Bense468
03-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Just wanted to post this
:D

WUTWZAT
03-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Hey Chet, why not hook up your Bayliner and drag it out to the River May 7 & 8. Its not to hard to find me and my friends, Big River. It really isn't all that big just listen for the loud boats, and the friendly people having a good time. Then you'll realize how big you blew it by being an ass here. :p
Jason

MudPumper
03-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Too f'n funny, I looked up the word ignorant in the dictionary and it reads:
ig-no-rant adj. 1.Lacking education or knowledge. 2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake. 3. Unaware or uninformed. [Middle English ignoraunt, from Old French ignorant, from Latin ignorans, ignorant, present participle of ignorare, to be ignorant, not to know. Also see: ChetCapoli.

steelcomp
03-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Too f'n funny, I looked up the word ignorant in the dictionary and it reads:
ig-no-rant adj. 1.Lacking education or knowledge. 2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake. 3. Unaware or uninformed. [Middle English ignoraunt, from Old French ignorant, from Latin ignorans, ignorant, present participle of ignorare, to be ignorant, not to know. Also see: ChetCapoli.
Was Chet's picture right along side the word??
:notam:

MudPumper
03-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Was Chet's picture right along side the word??
:notam:
No, I found his picture next to the definition for JACKASS. :2purples:

steelcomp
03-27-2005, 10:18 PM
No, I found his picture next to the definition for JACKASS. :2purples:
Wow...so Chet really is an ignorant jackass. I thought so. :cool:

Jake W2
03-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Is that a brand new Stealth the colors make it look like it is from the 70s.
Jake

TRG
03-27-2005, 10:27 PM
its a new boat but he chose the same colors from his previous boat, that boat is also clean as hell!
Todd

Jake W2
03-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Yea I like it it just has that old flava to it.
Jake