PDA

View Full Version : Sub Up grade

Not So Fast
03-26-2005, 09:55 AM
My boat has the System that most Magic's have with a 5 channel amp, 100w x 4 + 300w x 1. The 6x9's sound fine.The subs are Kicker KM 10,s (2) open air, they dont seem to hit very hard or at least I would like a little more bump, not obnoxious but a little more. Since it says 300 x 1 does this mean since I have two that they are getting 150w apiece?? If so could I just go with a better quality sub and get desired results or is this not enough power? There is not enough room to go with 12's so thats out. I believe with a marine speaker you lose some sound quality anyway, what do you guy's think?? :confused: :confused: :confused: NSF

Havasu Hangin'
03-26-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm not a big believer in 5 channel amps, but what model is it?

Not So Fast
03-26-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm not a big believer in 5 channel amps, but what model is it?
Planet Audio, VX6005 MOSFET whatever that means??? like i said it sounds good but would like just a little more bump, Thanks, NSF

Havasu Hangin'
03-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Planet Audio, VX6005 MOSFET whatever that means??? like i said it sounds good but would like just a little more bump, Thanks, NSF
It means that amp sucks. :sleeping:
Just kidding.
That means that you only have about 150 watts going to each sub (you should easily double it). Add to that the free air subs, and that's why it probably doesn't hit very hard.
If it were me, I'd probably go with a 600+ watt class D sub amp, and something like a pair of JL W3's (IN BOXES). That would probably hit 2 or 3 times as hard, without alot of battery or cable upgrades.
But that's just me...
:D

ROZ
03-29-2005, 10:48 AM
It's possible that Cartoyz did the work for your boat. Contact them and speak to Frank about making enclosures for the subs in your existing setup... May be able to get a little more umph behind the bass.