PDA

View Full Version : Confessions and an invitation.....

HavasuBarney
08-06-2001, 11:32 AM
I have to admit, I have come to like and respect many of the guys here, and your boats.
Over the last 3 months I have met many very hot, fast boats with Big Block and jets. Most of the guys running fast out west, run big blocks and jets, you do have my respect!
It seems that there are 3 really great information sharing site I know of on the Internet, Hot Boat, Scream and Fly, Real Jet Boats. The differences seem geographical.
I'm on the west coast, so I found many friends here and on Real Jet Boats board.
We are going to expand our board to accomidate you guys and your big blocks and jets. Here is a link to a thread I started and I would love your suggestions. Since Scream and Fly's membership is mainly east coast and mid-west, I think it will help us all expand our horizons.
Welcome gentlemen!!!
http://forums.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?postid=14690#post14690

HavasuBarney
08-06-2001, 12:11 PM
We have now added a Jet boat section to our board. Most of our members are in the midwest and east coast, since I am on the west coast, I will continue to post here also, if that's OK with you guys!!
We are all one family, some differances, but in order to grow, make things more affordable, exchange the best information available, combining efforts seems to make sense.
You guys have been so kind, just wanted to invite you in as you have done with me!

RiverDave
08-06-2001, 12:32 PM
Barney I'm already posting in there bud!
I can't believe you didn't like Parker!! Although I will admit if you don't have a tour guide then your probably not going to have the greatest of experiences. There's a few shallow areas, and etc... You should've gone to RoadRuner for the Wet T Shirt Contest and atleast swung by Sundance for the Bikini Contest...
RD

HavasuBarney
08-06-2001, 12:39 PM
I will take that as an invitation to return so you can show me around, check out the the contests and my eggbeater!
The Keys is the coolest neighborhhod I have ever seen!
The short length and all the traffic did prohibit long high speed runs, but I have a great deal of respect for you and your opinion, I will return to check it further and will not be surprised if I am totally impressed with "RiverDaves Parker" !!!! Honestly after meeting you, I want to see your version!!!
Thanks for coming over and posting, very cool of you!!!

fat rat
08-06-2001, 04:11 PM
I think something here is a few fries short of a "Happy Meal".

08-06-2001, 05:22 PM
Hey Barney is this invitation extended to V-Drivers?

wrightnow
08-06-2001, 06:04 PM
Hey is Rd already planning another party HavasuBarney, I herd an invite for another outing.

racingrascal
08-06-2001, 09:29 PM
That place sucked.

racingrascal
08-06-2001, 09:30 PM
Or maybe I am just to tiried to care.

HavasuBarney
08-06-2001, 10:13 PM
Yes to V-drives, had a couple severe spankings by them, fast.
I am down with that wrightnow, right now!
RRascal, it started as an eggbeater site. As an eggbeater myself, it has limitation because I'm on the west coast.
For any boat owner, it is a great information and resource site for the do-it-yourself stuff. Many west coast manufacturers have short cut construction materials because we have such great weather here, if you have an older hull, as I do, it can be a great resource. Most of the people on that board are back east, they deal with humidity, harsh winters that just plain rot the wood out of boats.
We also have an Offshore section with a lot of similar stuff, but could use some help. The west coast people could really help them, Hot Boat, Havasu and Lake Mead have the finest colletion of performance offshore boats in the world, Nobody can touch Hot Boat for that stuff.
New Boats, Performance Offshore, Classic high quality performance, testing, latest breaking news, Hot Boat has everything, we are more of an exchange, nitty gritty, not near as glamourus as Hot Boat.
Scream and Fly can help with you fix your boat maybe, Hot Boat can help you love life, get laid and look good doing it.
Both can help.
Do I still have Immunity?

RiverDave
08-09-2001, 02:46 PM
Immunity Idol is definately in ???
Your Ok by me Barney so you have one vote in your favor. Thanks for the Invite I actually enjoy posting in there! Time to raise hell on some O/B's http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD