PDA

View Full Version : new member looking for a jet

mtnjet
04-24-2006, 06:42 PM
hi,
as stated in the title i am a new member of this forum. I am currently in the market for a Avenger jet made by cee bee. My father had purchased one of these brand new in 1979 with bronze metal flake graphics as well as the berkley jet drive to match. he sold it in 1994 just because it wasnt practical any more to him, even though he still talks about it all the time. I have decided that me and my mom are going to try to find one and buy one for his birthday this summer, and just blow his socks off. What i want is something completly stock meaning still has the windsheild and engine hatch cover and swim platform. and something in good condition if possible. If you guys could help me find one or guide me in the right direction to finding one it would be fantastic. I have been searching all over the web and have not had any luck as of yet.
Peter
here are a few pics i found on google of just what i want. thanks

beerjet
04-24-2006, 06:55 PM
That will be one hell of a gift . Stay tuned , somebody always knows somebody .
-beerjet-

Cas
04-24-2006, 07:05 PM
I saw one a few weeks ago, I'll see what I can find out.
btw, be careful, this may get moved to the spam section.

Cas
04-25-2006, 07:56 AM
here's a link to the Avenger I found.
1975 Cee Bee Avenger (http://www.racingjunk.com/post/624902/1975-AVENGER-JET-BOAT-OLDS-462CI-VERY-FAST.html)
oops, probably spam........

Mayhem
04-25-2006, 08:13 AM
There was an 185 avenger for sale on Boat Trader. The guy wanted 4500.00 dollars. Looked Nice. Avenger is spelled incorrect though. Avanger.

Devilman
04-25-2006, 08:26 AM
What part of the country are you from? Most of the other Avengers that I have seen, are the other model, with no windshield. Word on the street is there are a few of those ( besides mine:D ) in the general surrounding areas around here....

mtnjet
04-25-2006, 08:33 AM
there is very few of the avenger with the windshield. My dad had ordered his specially back in 79 with the windsheild and also engine hatch cover. i am on the east coast (north carolina). i would like to get the hull # off of his old one and some how look it up to see who owns it and buy it back.

IMPATIENT 1
04-25-2006, 08:52 AM
THERE'S A CEE BEE ON EBAY RITE NOW ON THE LAST PAGE OF JET BOATS.IT MAY NOT BE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR BUT CLOSE ENOUGH?MIGHT CHECK IT OUT. :idea:

Devilman
04-25-2006, 08:54 AM
there is very few of the avenger with the windshield. My dad had ordered his specially back in 79 with the windsheild and also engine hatch cover. i am on the east coast (north carolina). i would like to get the hull # off of his old one and some how look it up to see who owns it and buy it back.
I've been told there is one like mine sitting not far from here. Supposedly its blue, with a Chevy, on a tandem axle trailer. Dunno how far you'd be willing to travel, though. Looking for the current owner may be the way to go.... Mine is a '77 model. The 75 model in that link posted up there, is the model without the glass, it's about a 100 miles away from me, seen it for sale before...

Mayhem
04-25-2006, 01:04 PM
I called about this boat, but found another Avenger closer to my location. 1979 185 with Chevy.It's on Boattrader, Avenager. 716-836-3772. Looks real nice.

mtnjet
04-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I called about this boat, but found another Avenger closer to my location. 1979 185 with Chevy.It's on Boattrader, Avenager. 716-836-3772. Looks real nice.
i could not find it on the site, could you send me the link so i can look at it.

Mayhem
04-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Mtn , Just go to Boattraderonline.com and under search type 17 to 18 Jet boat and search all of the country and it will be on pg 6 or 7. It is spelled wrong Avenager. Boat is in Buffalo New York. I don't know how to put the web address on here. Sorry. Just looked at it

Keithb87
04-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Avenger on Boat Trader.com (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/2/81174912.htm)

mtnjet
04-25-2006, 04:31 PM
thanks keith for sending the link, that one looks pretty good, i still dont see how you and mayhem found that boat i tried about 10 different searches on the site and could never find it

Keithb87
04-25-2006, 05:15 PM
It's all in the stroke :D (keystroke)

Devilman
04-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Damn, that one looks pretty nice.... Too bad there aren't more pics. Most of the ones I have seen around here, don't have the engine cover anymore. I've been told the engine cover off of mine can be had, but not much point with it having OT headers....

Old Guy
04-25-2006, 05:53 PM
hi,
as stated in the title i am a new member of this forum. I am currently in the market for a Avenger jet made by cee bee. My father had purchased one of these brand new in 1979 with bronze metal flake graphics as well as the berkley jet drive to match. he sold it in 1994 just because it wasnt practical any more to him, even though he still talks about it all the time. I have decided that me and my mom are going to try to find one and buy one for his birthday this summer, and just blow his socks off. What i want is something completly stock meaning still has the windsheild and engine hatch cover and swim platform. and something in good condition if possible. If you guys could help me find one or guide me in the right direction to finding one it would be fantastic. I have been searching all over the web and have not had any luck as of yet.
Peter
here are a few pics i found on google of just what i want. thanks
The pics you found are of a 76 Avenger that I had a few years ago. It was Olds powered and in need of new gel or paint. The upholstery was pretty bad and it has no swim platform. I sold it to a local who still has it. The one on Boat Trader looks like a great deal. Although it's hard to know from just one pic.
Here's another pic of the one I had. You can see the drivers seat looks pretty bad.
http://files.triton.net/old1/avngr5.jpg
Roger

Mayhem
04-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah I called about the boat on Boat Trader and the Lady was really nice, but did'nt have any other pictures. I wanted more because of the distant. My dad's had three Avenger 185's. Had a brown one like your post and a pearl white one. I have a 180 whit Avenger 460. I come across them all the time in Iowa and Illinois. but not many in good shape. I had to rebuild mine.

mtnjet
04-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Yeah I called about the boat on Boat Trader and the Lady was really nice, but did'nt have any other pictures. I wanted more because of the distant. My dad's had three Avenger 185's. Had a brown one like your post and a pearl white one. I have a 180 whit Avenger 460. I come across them all the time in Iowa and Illinois. but not many in good shape. I had to rebuild mine.
i might call about the one in NY also, did they say about the condition of it, fading, floor, interior, etc...? plus more pics would help alot

El Prosecutor
04-25-2006, 07:35 PM
I love those boats - here is one that sold on eBay a couple weeks ago for about $6k+
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3252CeeBee_Avenger.jpg
Good luck with your quest - that is a very cool thing to do for your Pops.

mtnjet
04-25-2006, 07:40 PM
I love those boats - here is one that sold on eBay a couple weeks ago for about $6k+
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3252CeeBee_Avenger.jpg
Good luck with your quest - that is a very cool thing to do for your Pops.
yea i was kind of ticked to see that one go. i saw that one and liked it alot, looked to be in good condition and everything

Mayhem
04-26-2006, 05:31 AM
Yeah I was watching the one on Ebay. It was at 3k for a couple of weeks, then within two days price just went crazy. Real nice boat. I really liked the original gel coat. Mtn the lady did'nt know much about the boat. Her husband was supposed to call me back and never did. She said they did'nt have anymore pictures. I'm pretty sure someone posted it for them.

jetboat
04-26-2006, 06:06 AM
newbe,myself and devilman think have the only cee bee avengers in the state of texas.the one on boat treader is cool, but only know of another avenger like your looking for.it's at snows shop near grandbury.is that correct divilman?.if you do find one,i have the phone number to mr.brown in california who madeall the avengers.

Devilman
04-26-2006, 07:24 AM
newbe,myself and devilman think have the only cee bee avengers in the state of texas.the one on boat treader is cool, but only know of another avenger like your looking for.it's at snows shop near grandbury.is that correct divilman?.if you do find one,i have the phone number to mr.brown in california who madeall the avengers.
I saw one at Jetfest last year. That is held at Lake Mathis, down south, so I would guess it is from around there somewhere. Never got a chance to talk to the owner though. It was white with green striping if I'm not mistaken. And in one of my above posts, I mentioned that there is rumored to be one here in town sitting up. Been wanting to drive over there to see if it's true or not.:D
And yes, ther is one at Snow's shop, but its an empty hull if I'm not mistaken....

Devilman
04-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Here is one from South Texas, Corpus Christi area...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Brent_Burris_boat.jpg
This may be the green & white one I mentioned. It's also from teh Corpus area...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Danny_Silvia_Craig_Tammy_in_Dannys_Avenger.jpg

jetboat
04-26-2006, 07:46 AM
I saw one at Jetfest last year. That is held at Lake Mathis, down south, so I would guess it is from around there somewhere. Never got a chance to talk to the owner though. It was white with green striping if I'm not mistaken. And in one of my above posts, I mentioned that there is rumored to be one here in town sitting up. Been wanting to drive over there to see if it's true or not.:D
And yes, ther is one at Snow's shop, but its an empty hull if I'm not mistaken....
your correct, did not know others existed! whats there web name, or do you know them?maybe some time meet in the middle and compare notes!

Devilman
04-26-2006, 08:03 AM
your correct, did not know others existed! whats there web name, or do you know them?maybe some time meet in the middle and compare notes!
They are here & there. Did you see those pics I just posted? I don't know them though, don't even know if they post here or not to tell you the truth.

jetboat
04-26-2006, 08:06 AM
They are here & there. Did you see those pics I just posted? I don't know them though, don't even know if they post here or not to tell you the truth.
never know hope to send pictures today of whats up before it gets painted.

mtnjet
04-26-2006, 08:08 AM
see those are just what i want to find, what devilman had posted. those are for sale are they?

Devilman
04-26-2006, 08:15 AM
see those are just what i want to find, what devilman had posted. those are for sale are they?
Not that I know of. Those are pics from a gathering called Jetfest here in south Texas. I have seen the green & white one in person, but not that silver one. I could take a little ride over to check on that blue one I mentioned in my earlier post, if your interested. Not too far out of the way home, I could check on it for ya, see if its for sale or even exists for that matter....

mtnjet
04-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Not that I know of. Those are pics from a gathering called Jetfest here in south Texas. I have seen the green & white one in person, but not that silver one. I could take a little ride over to check on that blue one I mentioned in my earlier post, if your interested. Not too far out of the way home, I could check on it for ya, see if its for sale or even exists for that matter....
you can give it a shot and check out that boat for your sake too, to see if it really exists. i just dont know if i want to travel to TX from NC i would rather find one on east coast

Devilman
04-26-2006, 08:25 AM
you can give it a shot and check out that boat for your sake too, to see if it really exists. i just dont know if i want to travel to TX from NC i would rather find one on east coast
Will do. I have heard it was there from 2 different people on 2 seperate occasions, so I would be inclined to believe them. I find out anything, I'll let ya know. I hear ya on the traveling thing, but you never know if you find what you want. A friend of mine here in town just drove out to Arizona to pick up a Rogers he found on the internet. He been wanting another Rogers for as long as I've known him. When he found that one, he hauled ass out there & grabbed it. Nice friggin boat too!

mtnjet
04-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Will do. I have heard it was there from 2 different people on 2 seperate occasions, so I would be inclined to believe them. I find out anything, I'll let ya know. I hear ya on the traveling thing, but you never know if you find what you want. A friend of mine here in town just drove out to Arizona to pick up a Rogers he found on the internet. He been wanting another Rogers for as long as I've known him. When he found that one, he hauled ass out there & grabbed it. Nice friggin boat too!
haha, well maybe ill have to haul ass somewhere to get one too if it comes down to that..

Devilman
04-26-2006, 08:54 AM
haha, well maybe ill have to haul ass somewhere to get one too if it comes down to that..
I hear ya. I got lucky, I found mine down the road from my house. You tried tracking down your dad's old boat yet, like you had mentioned?

atxwrangler
04-26-2006, 09:06 AM
WHAT? THIS ONE? I DIDN'T NAME IT "NO GUTS.. NO GLORY!" FOR NOTHING,L.O.L.SORRY, I COULDN'T RESIST!I WOULD MAKE THE TRIP AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT TO GET A BOAT YOU REALLY WANT,I'LL ENJOY IT FOR THE REST OF MY YEARS NOW. http://texas***boats.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10065/HPIM0625.JPG

mtnjet
04-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I hear ya. I got lucky, I found mine down the road from my house. You tried tracking down your dad's old boat yet, like you had mentioned?
im going to do that this weekend when i go home. go through his old files and find the old hull # and then call the NC reistration office to see who owns the thing. i told him about the one for sale in NY but he didnt sould too interested because of the engine which is a 396. he had a 455 olds with over 450hp. it was pretty fast.

Devilman
04-26-2006, 09:40 AM
im going to do that this weekend when i go home. go through his old files and find the old hull # and then call the NC reistration office to see who owns the thing. i told him about the one for sale in NY but he didnt sould too interested because of the engine which is a 396. he had a 455 olds with over 450hp. it was pretty fast.
That would be a start. It would be friggin cool if you could get him his old boat back, in good shape & all.... I'll let ya know about that blue one, see what I find. See that yellow jet right up there? Thats the one my buddy went out to Arizona for. NICE! :cool:

mtnjet
04-27-2006, 08:46 AM
ill let you know what i find out this weekend, until then if any of you see or hear anyting about a avenger. please please let me know

Some Kind Of Monster
04-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Ebay One (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JET-DRIVE-SPEED-BOAT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66467QQitemZ463470 2475QQrdZ1)
Ebay Two (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Avenger-jet-boat-427-dual-quad_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31270QQitemZ463488 6940QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)

mtnjet
04-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Ebay One (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JET-DRIVE-SPEED-BOAT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66467QQitemZ463470 2475QQrdZ1)
Ebay Two (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Avenger-jet-boat-427-dual-quad_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31270QQitemZ463488 6940QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)
thanks for all the help. I am looking for avengers with the windsheilds though.

jetboat
04-28-2006, 09:39 AM
thanks for all the help. I am looking for avengers with the windsheilds though.
if you read my first message,there are by now maybe onlt one or two left buy cee bee mfg.i know last year bought a camplete set when we were in california,(my home stste) from mr brown,he is still the owner of cee bee mfg.also if you find our style boat,dont be shocked when he tells you the price.

mtnjet
04-30-2006, 11:02 AM
i just found the old hull # off of his old boat, i am going to attempt to call tomorrow and see where the thing is located and if i could get the thing back.

mtnjet
05-01-2006, 08:36 AM
i found the guy who owns my dads old jet, his name is david and lives in fort bragg, nc. either me or my mom are going to call him later today so ill let you know what happens.