PDA

View Full Version : Air Chair

JB in so cal
03-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Just bought one; anyone else? The wake on the boat is messed up for skiing and so-so for boarding; figured this would be a good way to get into the water. Been a couple years since the wifey got up on one; Looking to be able to do it this year, myself.
Tips???
(Besides, you should've got a Sky Ski...)

riverroyal
03-28-2005, 05:20 PM
let me take pictures

DeltaSigBoater
03-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Dont panic when you fall & have you thought of getting a helmet just incase.

mbrown2
03-29-2005, 11:55 AM
When starting, keep back straight and arms up when getting pulled up....
After on plane, keep arms up and rope centered in the middle at about head level and lean slightly forward, not completely forward...this will keep the ski down and not have you going up and down....one you get the feel then you can bring you hands down....don't lean back while learning...this causes the foil to lift...and causes riders to porpoise up and down....
These are the tips I was given from a couple regulars...will be learning myself this year...

JB in so cal
03-29-2005, 02:31 PM
let me take pictures
Paybacks are a bitch!

Tom Brown
03-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Why are those things so crazy expensive? They sure look like a lot of fun.

mbrown2
03-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Why are those things so crazy expensive? They sure look like a lot of fun.I think it is supply and demand...cause folks will pay that much...

delusional502
03-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Pretty much as mbrown said but remember to use micro-movements when moving your arms. Don't wave them up and down like you're fanning a fire.
Try to keep your back straight and your leaning backwards to an absolute minimum.
There isn't too many of them down here in Oz but we bought one to break the boredom of skiing.
These things are an absolute ball and when you are learning with somebody else it makes it even better.
Hope you have a real blast.

riverbound
03-31-2005, 03:12 PM
The way I learned. Try to picture yourself in a recliner in full recline mode. When the boat starts to pullthe motion woudl be the same as getting out of the lazyboy. Roll forward and into position. Once up dont make any sudden moves, everything needs to be subtle. also remeber that everything is backwards arms up means ski down, arms down means ski up.
Dont get frustrated with it it will take you a while to learn. but once you get it you wont want to do anything else. I havent touched a waterski since I have had my skyski.
Did yo buy a stock or modified ski? As a begginer you dont want to try to learn on a modified ski.

manuel
04-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Just wave to everybody when you get big air :wink:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/950DCP01851.JPG

airchairmaster
04-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Sky Sking is the best thing out. So much fun once you get it down. After the bunkin bronko rides

JB in so cal
04-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Sky Sking is the best thing out. So much fun once you get it down. After the bunkin bronko rides
Why do you call yourself Airchairmaster if you like the Sky Ski? Or do you just refer to this as sky skiing?
Just curious.

SoCal_fun
04-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Alright JB! Hope to see you out there this year. I'd like to see that thing in action. Good Luck!

socaldj1
04-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm thinking of buying a chair. Mike Murphy's used to rent them. I was hoping to try one first. What should i look for when buying?

alfonzo
05-09-2005, 11:56 AM
When learning get some nose plugs and when your going down face first hold your eyes closed real tight......REAL TIGHT!! have fun :D

Seadoo Mark
06-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Air Chair I have had mine for about 8 years I love it lots of fun. Done everything from jumps to flips but watch out you can get hurt doing flips if you don't get the thing all the way over . I landed on my chest a few years ago and cracked 3 ribs that hurts like hell. Enjoy be carefull. Mark :hammerhea :skull: :crossx: