PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Locals...

1Bahnerjet
03-28-2005, 05:15 PM
can anyone tell me anything (good/bad) about Apache Junction. ?

460 jus getn it
03-28-2005, 05:35 PM
can anyone tell me anything (good/bad) about Apache Junction. ?
what do u want to know. are u thinking of moving. would i live there probally not. there are some nice parts way out east goldfeild ranch etc but in town limits are well can u say trailer park double wide. ask away and ill answer what u need to know

Jordy
03-28-2005, 05:40 PM
trailer park double wide.
C'mon, only the AJ ballers have double wides. Most of them are singles, without the skirts and with the wheels and hitch still on. ;)
I guess there are a few site built homes, but they're the exception rather than the rule.
P.S. Tyro, Gold Canyon is it's own deal, not part of AJ. ;)

460 jus getn it
03-28-2005, 05:51 PM
C'mon, only the AJ ballers have double wides. Most of them are singles, without the skirts and with the wheels and hitch still on. ;)
I guess there are a few site built homes, but they're the exception rather than the rule.
P.S. Tyro, Gold Canyon is it's own deal, not part of AJ. ;)
thats right jordy i forgot about to seperate middle class of AJ with the ballers. i also forgot to mention the every lot has it own junk yard and used car lot..................

1Bahnerjet
03-28-2005, 07:41 PM
ask away and ill answer what u need to know
don't want to be too close to a Big City but still close to commute (30min.) near a lake a plus. was thinking 150K but can go higher. thanks

PHX ATC
03-29-2005, 05:55 AM
There are some nice new subdivisions of tract homes in AJ, although they are mostly on the southern outskirts of the town, near the freeway. The rest of the town is trailer village with snowbirds and senile old farts trolling the streets to make an accident. There are several county islands intermingled within the city limits, which are full of broken down houses, trailers, and junk piles. There are a handful of nice houses in the county islands, but your neighbor would be nothing but an eyesore.
You could do much better for 150K-ish.

Indiansprings
03-29-2005, 07:04 AM
Meth factory

Jordy
03-29-2005, 07:20 AM
I thought the aveNEWS had the market on meth labs cornered. :D :D :D
Now in AJ, I would say more meth users than labs. ;)

Indiansprings
03-29-2005, 07:53 AM
You might be right. Seems like that crap is everywhere in the valley.

460 jus getn it
03-29-2005, 10:19 AM
don't want to be too close to a Big City but still close to commute (30min.) near a lake a plus. was thinking 150K but can go higher. thanks
there are some nice place out east your best bet is to look into queen creek area. that side of town is growing like no other.

Jordy
03-29-2005, 10:21 AM
I can tell you right now that $150K isn't going to buy you much in Queen Creek or that immediate area, unless you end up in a county island that looks like the county islands that were described in AJ. Sadly, $150K doesn't buy much of anything around here anymore. :frown:

Big Warlock
03-29-2005, 10:25 AM
East LA is Beverly Hills compared to AJ!!
Do you already have a job here and such? Little more details and we might be able to help you out.

PHX ATC
03-29-2005, 11:47 AM
I can tell you right now that $150K isn't going to buy you much in Queen Creek or that immediate area, unless you end up in a county island that looks like the county islands that were described in AJ. Sadly, $150K doesn't buy much of anything around here anymore. :frown:
150K might, I say MIGHT, get you a 1200 sq foot home in Pinal county, east of Queen Creek, but then you're looking at a 50 to 60 minute cruise to downtown PHX.
Queen Creek is growing by leaps and bounds, but a traffic nightmare if you commute during normal times. 45 to 60 mins to get into downtown when everybody else wants to go there too.
2 months and I'll be in Queen Creek in my new house. Then Jordy can come help me roof my horse stall shades. :2purples:

AZKC
03-29-2005, 11:50 AM
I'll bet if you took your time and looked around you could find something in AJ that would work for you. Its a beautiful area(if you like the desert) with the quick access to the lakes and the Superstition Mountains would be in you back yard. Living out in the county islands away from HOA's and CCR's isn't for everybody but if your ok with it ck it out. One thing for sure the property value will still keep growing. :)

1Bahnerjet
03-29-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm on a Fact Finding Mission. what AZKC said "Its a beautiful area(if you like the desert) with the quick access to the lakes and the Superstition Mountains would be in you back yard" Is what I was hoping to hear. But the rest of AJ has me Very Worried. Since I can Spend More I will look into Queen Creek.
Thanks to All who Replied :cool: :cool: :cool:

1Bahnerjet
03-30-2005, 08:27 AM
Do you already have a job here and such? Little more details and we might be able to help you out.
I've Owned my House in Silicon Valley for 30yrs, If I can Pick a Location to Live I would not have to "Finance" a House.(if under 200K) Still I would have to Work :mad: for 10 more yrs. My Girlfriend & I work in a Hospital (she R.N., me c.s. tech.) Enough info ?, oh & for some reason I need to be Close to a Lake. :idea:

Indiansprings
03-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Move to Peoria AZ, Put that 200 down and finance 150. You will have a modest home under 2500 sq/ft. You would be very close to Lake Pleasant ;)

AZKC
03-30-2005, 08:43 AM
You know there are good areas and bad areas in all hoods. They are stashing dope, people, and who knows what else :rollside: in some pretty ritzy areas of the valley and in Tucson. Sounds to me that AP would work for you :smile: like I said if you do the research :rolleyes: Sounds to me your trying to stay out of debt and move on to retiring ya lucky bastad. :D

1Bahnerjet
03-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Move to Peoria AZ, Put that 200 down and finance 150. You will have a modest home under 2500 sq/ft. You would be very close to Lake Pleasant ;)
dang, 350K for a "Modest" House in the Desert ? I would like to Keep as much $ in a retirement plan as posible. :idea:

1Bahnerjet
03-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Sounds to me your trying to stay out of debt and move on to retiring ya lucky bastad. :D
:D :cool: :D

AZmike
03-30-2005, 09:08 AM
I Live In Gilbert Just On The Border Of Queen Creek, The Area Is Growing And The Community Is Great. Check It Out Before You Buy In The Arizona 909 "apache Junktion"....

AZKC
03-30-2005, 10:05 AM
RUNNING IT HARD IN AJ :D :D

Big Warlock
03-30-2005, 10:50 AM
There are some good hospitals in the east valley. You would be commuting the right direction anyway. Also, you could buy a very nice place in the foothills and finance a portion of it to offset any taxes you would be liable for in your earnings. It can work if you chat with a financial advisor. Finance is my background but I work in another area, not in the personal finance area.
also, I would suggest you and your GR fly over and rent a car and drive around the areas. Would be worth it.
Rob

1Bahnerjet
03-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Big Warlock, AZmike & AZKC , COOL :D

Outnumbered
03-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Why don't you PM Callbob4homes (sp). He is an East Valley agent and got a house for Teq John. Sounds like he knows the East Valley pretty well.

1Bahnerjet
03-30-2005, 01:56 PM
will do when I decide Where in the Valley to Shop :squiggle:
but so far it looks like 175K will get me a Nice 3-2 House. can't tell from web sites how Big the Lots are, need a Side Yard (behind Fence) big enough for a Boat. :idea:

PHX ATC
03-30-2005, 02:39 PM
will do when I decide Where in the Valley to Shop :squiggle:
but so far it looks like 175K will get me a Nice 3-2 House. can't tell from web sites how Big the Lots are, need a Side Yard (behind Fence) big enough for a Boat. :idea:
Most (not all) will give you side yard big enough to fit a boat in and have a 10 foot RV gate installed there. Between our houses where I live now, there's 25 feet on one side and a whopping 5 on the other. Needless to say, my boat parking pad was on the 25 footer. Then again, my boat is sold and my wife's horse trailer is parked there now, but I had good intentions once....... :D

1Bahnerjet
03-30-2005, 04:30 PM
while I'm soakin' up Local Knowledge, what does Utilities Run the Hottest Month of Summer & the Coldest Month of Winter just a Rough Guesstimate is Fine. :)

460 jus getn it
03-30-2005, 04:35 PM
while I'm soakin' up Local Knowledge, what does Utilities Run the Hottest Month of Summer & the Coldest Month of Winter just a Rough Guesstimate is Fine. :)
it just depends where u keep your ac during the summer. when i leave i set mine at 80 and when im home i put it at 77, and my bill is about 60-80bucks during the summer. if u have a pool then u can count on a higher bill. just me in put...............

AZKC
03-30-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm in Tucson(so it might be different) and have an all electric house with dual cooling @ about 1500 square feet and it averages about $200 using the hot tub about 3-4 times a month. Thats one thing :) it do get hot up in Valley and stays hot through the evening. Winter really is just a long Fall.

Sleek-Jet
03-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Most everyone offers average billing as well.
If you buy an older house, be sure to leave some money to upgrade the AC and put better windows in, the utility savings is worth the money. I don't know about Phoenix, but in Tucson, alot of the mid 70's to early 80's houses have forced air electric furnaces, there are better options for electric heat (like electric thermal storage units) that can save you some money in the cooler months.
On new houses, the energy guarantee programs are bullshit, mostly a marketing tool, plan on after 5 years (or whetever the length of the gaurantee) to have the utility bills go up dramatically.
The best way to save money is keep the AC thermostat above 80 and move outside to the patio in the summer time.

all charged up
04-01-2005, 07:13 AM
East valley BLAH BLAH BLAH. Northwest valley. Many hospitals for employment, near the freeway so commute into city is not bad. 2500 sq ft house new, around 200k. New schools and Dysart school district is in the top 5 in the state. Besides, everyone elso from Cali is moving here. Checke Peoria, and Surprise. Lots of different builders. My wife is a Sub-contrator out here and can recommend some good builders.
Oh yeah, Pleasent is 20 min north and Bartlett is less than and hour in traffic.

AZmike
04-01-2005, 10:13 AM
we pay around 80 bucks for elec, it's my cable bill thats sucks.... :cry:

Outnumbered
04-01-2005, 10:22 AM
East valley BLAH BLAH BLAH. Northwest valley. Many hospitals for employment, near the freeway so commute into city is not bad. 2500 sq ft house new, around 200k. New schools and Dysart school district is in the top 5 in the state. Besides, everyone elso from Cali is moving here. Checke Peoria, and Surprise. Lots of different builders. My wife is a Sub-contrator out here and can recommend some good builders.
Oh yeah, Pleasent is 20 min north and Bartlett is less than and hour in traffic.
You are quoting last years prices. No way you can do 2,500 sqft near $200k new unless you are in Buckeye, Avondale, Laveen, etc. And even in those cities it will be a marginal quality house.
Base price on my house last year was $250k new, 2600 sqft. Neighbor 3-doors down just sold his for $450k with no pool, same model.

AZKC
04-01-2005, 12:21 PM
The best way to save money is keep the AC thermostat above 80 and move outside to the patio in the summer time.
You have learned well Grasshopper :cool:

1Bahnerjet
04-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Valley of the Sun :cool:
way bigger than I Imagined :idea:
thanks for Replies :D