PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Claim??

slovolvo
04-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Just curious if anyone has had any experience with a warranty claim with Volvo Penta. My motor seems to have blown, I'll know more tomorrow, but it doesn't sound good. Anyone know how hard of a fight they put up, or are they pretty good about standing behind their stuff?

OutCole'd
04-24-2006, 07:46 PM
I think it help where you take it. The better terms the shop is with Merc, the better they may respond.

redneckcharlie
04-24-2006, 08:21 PM
i use to be a service provider for volvo and they were always very good to deal with. the manufacturers, merc and volvo, usually only allow for so much time to r&r an engine. therefore, you may have to pony up a little if removing the back seat is more difficult than usual. also, any additional electronic, or other added goodies may cost a little more. don't bitch about a little extra cost, because not all shops get full rate for the work. the shop not getting full rate has nothing to do with the quality of the repair, it usually has to do with them participating in all the various programs from the manufacturer. good luck. :rollside:

slovolvo
04-24-2006, 09:25 PM
i use to be a service provider for volvo and they were always very good to deal with. the manufacturers, merc and volvo, usually only allow for so much time to r&r an engine. therefore, you may have to pony up a little if removing the back seat is more difficult than usual. also, any additional electronic, or other added goodies may cost a little more. don't bitch about a little extra cost, because not all shops get full rate for the work. the shop not getting full rate has nothing to do with the quality of the repair, it usually has to do with them participating in all the various programs from the manufacturer. good luck. :rollside:
Thanks for inspiring some confidence. I think the motor will come out without having to remove the back seat, just taking the engine hatch off its hinges, so that shouldn't be too bad. Other than the stereo, the boat is bone stock, and none of the stereo components are in the way. The tech I am having do it seems pretty positive about it, but had some problems with them in the past. Fortunately, I keep excellent records, so they (Volvo) shouldn't have a leg to stand on.