PDA

View Full Version : Was that jackpunx's boat I saw...

Havasu Hangin'
03-29-2005, 01:25 PM
...at GT with the drive apart?
:supp:

jackpunx
03-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Yep.. but the drive is fine.. Well.. I had them inspect it.. it looks good.. NO damage..
But.. They were installing a new trim indicator.. (Blue water) Mine as not worked right for a long time.. with this new power and speed.. I need it to be dead nuts..
anyway.. they broke the Ubolt that hooks to the gimbal.. so they had to take it apart to replace it..
Someone owes me money..
The drive has lasted more than 15 hrs and looks like new :D

Havasu Hangin'
03-29-2005, 01:41 PM
All I know is that there was alot of power tools being used, and alot of metal shavings around. :jawdrop:
I heard a rumor that all that HP caused that bolt to weaken, and you're gonna get a big bill when they have to pull the engine and transom assembly just to install a drive indicator!
:D

jackpunx
03-29-2005, 01:45 PM
All I know is that there was alot of power tools being used, and alot of metal shavings around. :jawdrop:
I heard a rumor that all that HP caused that bolt to weaken, and you're gonna get a big bill when they have to pull the engine and transom assembly just to install a drive indicator!
:D
lol.. yea.. they have to pull the engine to change the oil filter.. No wonder I got the engine for so cheap.. they are going to get me in service..lol
I talked to Gary.. he said it was just bad luck.. not because of the power..
He said he would work with me on the labor becuase I didnt bring it to him like that..
so.. we'll see what that looks like when I pick it up tomorrow morning.. ;)

Havasu Hangin'
03-29-2005, 01:50 PM
.. we'll see what that looks like when I pick it up tomorrow morning.. ;)
They did have four guys working on it (and I think Gary said $85/hour for each guy), and I was there for two hours. They looked about 1/4 done.
Maybe he'll split it with you?
:hammerhea

jackpunx
03-29-2005, 02:00 PM
They did have four guys working on it (and I think Gary said $85/hour for each guy), and I was there for two hours. They looked about 1/4 done.
Maybe he'll split it with you?
:hammerhea
We'll see.. They are rushing to get it done.. It has a photo shoot tomorrow..

Three Days Only
03-29-2005, 02:00 PM
OOOH The world of bravo drives.
I really need to get some #6's!!!!!!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
03-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah...but he said there in no warranty if you dip it in Elsinore water?

Three Days Only
03-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Poor guy, it was only time before that motor got the best of your drive. JP is trying to blow this over, I heard that the whole upper gear assembly looked like a gernade went off inside. Way to go JP!!

jackpunx
03-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah...but he said there in no warranty if you dip it in Elsinore water?
He will never know it was elsionor.. they photo chop the water and make it blue for the pics..
and if he finds out.. Im coming after you :hammer2: :D

jackpunx
03-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Poor guy, it was only time before that motor got the best of your drive. JP is trying to blow this over, I heard that the whole upper gear assembly looked like a gernade went off inside. Way to go JP!!
Hey folker..... quit talking shiat.. or Im coming over there to pee in your cheerios.. lol

Havasu Hangin'
03-29-2005, 02:29 PM
...and if he finds out.. Im coming after you :hammer2: :D
You better set a few (hundred) bucks aside...and your secret is safe with me!
:cool:

Jrocket
03-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Photo shoot tomorrow? Then you've got ALOT of cleaning to do NOW!
You pay extra for the new GT logo?

hulshot
03-30-2005, 12:33 AM
JP what is going on?? Are you experiencing problems with the drive already?
Is this photot shoot with HB for a feature add??? I will give you some pics of mine if you dont want to use yours :D :D :D
I havent seen or heard much from you, is everything good in Stokerville?? I am going out Saturday. Hopfulley I will have a reworked 32 to try. PM me, I am still home this week from the baby.

jackpunx
03-31-2005, 01:35 PM
Photo shoot tomorrow? Then you've got ALOT of cleaning to do NOW!
You pay extra for the new GT logo?
its free advertisement for him..
Usually when he does work that he likes.. He'll put it on your boat..
You mean he didnt put it on yours? :eek: :D
BTW.. The drive is fine.. You owe me lunch :D

gmocnik
03-31-2005, 02:59 PM
mark...
if my boats not done tomorrow because gt was messing with yours today there will be hell to pay....
congrats on the great numbers so far...remeber...30p 5 blade herring with your name on it is in my garage...
gary

jackpunx
03-31-2005, 04:02 PM
mark...
if my boats not done tomorrow because gt was messing with yours today there will be hell to pay....
congrats on the great numbers so far...remeber...30p 5 blade herring with your name on it is in my garage...
gary
Thanks Gary..
Are you coming to Elsinor this sunday?

gmocnik
03-31-2005, 06:25 PM
don't know about sunday...going out tomorrow with carl from gt for an efi tuneup...just to make sure after stuffing mufflers in mine also...
yeah...spring/summer are here!!!!
gary