PDA

View Full Version : blueprinting jetpumps

Rod
07-04-2001, 07:07 PM
can anybody tell what blueprinting is and how much it give you powerwise ? do they have a book on this?and how do these loader grate work and dont this hang down belowe the bottom of the boat . Rod NC

oldphart
07-04-2001, 09:48 PM
mine doesnt hang down. mine adds some scoop type cross bars that positivly loads the pump while under way. A pump blueprint is basically doing whatever is necessary to bring all your clearances into line with the manufacturers specs. how much it helps depends on how far out it is. some guys are installing a small jet ski type impeller forward of the pump impeller to positivly load the pump. I guess it works cause my buddy who did it smokes me regularly. Mabe the blower helps too!

beached1
07-05-2001, 05:05 AM
oldphart,
Can you tell me where your buddy got his Jet Ski type loader? Is this the same as what some shops are callin a cavatation reducer? I do a lot of work for a PWC racing shop called Impros. They get calls all the time asking if they make and or modify these loaders. Before we come up with a design, we wanted to order as many different ones as possible and see if we can't improve on it. Thanks.

Jim
07-05-2001, 06:31 AM
Beached, Don's pump service has a patent on the cavitation reducer. If you want one I will sell you one Jim

Rod
07-05-2001, 08:55 AM
What does the boat do with or without the loadergrate , want to know if I could use one.

beached1
07-05-2001, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the info Jim. I just shot ya an e-mail with price questions etc. Gerrit.

Blown509Liberator
07-05-2001, 09:56 AM
Rod
First a cavitation reducer and a Loader are two different parts. I think we all agree that any boat can benefit from a loader. There are different loaders out there that do different help and do different things. MPD had a nice web site (http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/ the loader can be found here http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/Loaders.html) telling the difference in some different loaders. The cavitation reducer is a small impeller that runs in front to the main impeller that also help load the pump. As I understand it is for bigger HP boat that blow(cavitation) the pump when stopping on the gas.

oldphart
07-05-2001, 12:40 PM
My bud is an aerospace worker with access to neet machine tools he made his

Joey
07-05-2001, 01:32 PM
Rod, what kind of pump are you running?

Rod
07-05-2001, 09:01 PM
berkley JC I think ( it has pins that hold the nossle on )AA impeller and it set up in the boat not a setback type. does any sale a book on how to blueprint or hop-up a jetpump. thank Rod NC
[This message has been edited by Rod (edited July 05, 2001).]