PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Kenwood eXcelon

Magic34
03-29-2005, 07:18 PM
I am possibly putting together a system with Kenwood products. I won't be using their subs, but eXcelon amps, head units, and highs (6.5"). Any word on these, who has them, who installs them and what do you think? How does it hold up and most importantly, sound?

Magic34
03-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Not very encouraging... :notam:

UltraSound1
03-30-2005, 07:20 AM
The kenwood eXcelon equipment is not bad at all. The main benefit of using the eXcelon series amps with an eXcelon head unit is the amount of control you have. You will be able to adjust crossover points and gain settings from your head unit. The mids and highs are average as far as sound quality goes. You will know when you have reached the limitations of the speaker. Let me know if I can be anymore help.
Cabe

ROZ
03-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Plus they have a longer warranty, and they're shiny :D

Magic34
03-30-2005, 01:46 PM
What about the 25th anniv. stuff?

Magic34
04-05-2005, 09:45 AM
I am assuming that it isn't used too often.

1stepcloser
04-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Well, I run a Kenwood H/U, I have been very happy with its performance, it has a nice built in eq. that gives you some room to compensate for the great acoustics in your boat.:)
I like it http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
Cant say anything about the amps, though.

DogHouse
04-05-2005, 05:02 PM
I've got some Excelon stuff (speakers, amp) in the family mini-van... Sounds fine for that application but I'm not sure I'd use it in the boat or other high end system. I guess I'd suggest listening to the models you're considering and let your ears be the judge.
By the way some guy gave me a screamin deal on some PHD separates that I just put in the boat... ;)
Between the extra speakers and the new enclosures I built for the subs, the system is ROCKIN! I'm very impressed and happy with the whole setup, far better than anything else I've ever had in a car or boat. Thanks again!
-Brian

Magic34
04-05-2005, 06:00 PM
By the way some guy gave me a screamin deal on some PHD separates that I just put in the boat... ;)
Between the extra speakers and the new enclosures I built for the subs, the system is ROCKIN! I'm very impressed and happy with the whole setup, far better than anything else I've ever had in a car or boat. Thanks again!
-Brian
Sweet, glad everything worked out for you. Can't wait to hear it. Boat should be done in 3-4 weeks, so I'll see you at the lake. :D