PDA

View Full Version : tunnel ram for 0lds who makes one

rmclague
07-05-2001, 10:36 AM
looking for a tunnel ram for my 455 olds.
Can,t find any one who carries them.
I looked at Weiand, Offy, and edelbrock pages
and there is no mention that they exist.
I have seen many ols 455 with tunnel rams
does any one have a maker and part number?
Price is not an issue.
Thanks
Rob

lakecrazy
07-05-2001, 11:05 AM
I think Offenhauser makes a tunnel ram for the 455 Olds. Don't know where you would purchase one new. Try your local speed shop or check on e-bay.

oldphart
07-05-2001, 12:37 PM
A friend has an Offy tunnel ram on his. Contact PAW or if your dead uncle left you well off try Mondello performance

230EAGLE
07-05-2001, 03:14 PM
TRY CALLING MONDELO IN PASO ROBLES, CA. HE SHOULD OF HELP.

jim lee
07-05-2001, 06:52 PM
PAW carries them. I did the same to mine.
Here's a little info on it.
http://www.concentric.net/~Jjlee/boats/dualCarbProj.shtml
Good luck!
-jim lee

Hondo Jet
07-06-2001, 03:57 AM
Offenhauser is the only company that makes a tunnel ram for a BB Olds. If your going to price them make sure your price is for the intake and top plate as they are sold seperate. Summit,Jegs,PAW, are all Offenhauser dealers.

rmclague
07-06-2001, 06:10 AM
Jim:
Your site was really cool.
I am sold on the tunnel ram.
I called and the intake can be had for $419
I did not know you could run single card on a tunnel.
Was it really that bad?
What if you used a gigantor carb?
The reason I sak is I hear tunning duals can
be a real chore.
anyway thanks for the inspiration.
Rob
QUOTE]Originally posted by jim lee:
PAW carries them. I did the same to mine.
Here's a little info on it.
http://www.concentric.net/~Jjlee/boats/dualCarbProj.shtml
Good luck!
-jim lee[/QUOTE]

jaqquuuz
07-06-2001, 09:40 PM
Offy makes a tunnel its called a 360. You can run a single up top I used a 850 d/p I now run two 450s and am much happier than with a single plus the performance.

froggystyle
07-06-2001, 11:28 PM
Tuning them is not a chore. You take it to someone who is good at it, pay them to do it, and forget about it... Seriously...

Fool's Money
07-07-2001, 05:48 PM
There is an offy unit on ebay right now......search in engine parts for tunnel ram....says it's new & it does appear to be so....wants $350 for it I think.Hope this is of some help

Fool's Money
07-07-2001, 05:48 PM
There is an offy unit on ebay right now......search in engine parts for tunnel ram....says it's new & it does appear to be so....wants $350 for it I think.Hope this is of some help

jim lee
07-07-2001, 09:22 PM
Running a single carb on my Tunnel ram was auful. I tossed the single carb top in the trash.
I've been told by those that know -far- more than me; The main reason singles don't work well on them, is 'cause the end cyilnders get leaned out whereas the middle ones tend to get flooded. Very poor fuel distrubution.
As for tuning. If -I- can do it and make it work, ANYONE can. (I'm a geek, not an engine guy.) All I did was to get every one I knew on the RJB board to tell me their ideas on the intallation, filter out the ideas I understood, and apply them. It worked great!
I'm sure the same would work in the HBB 'cause I recognise a lot of the same people here.
Do it! You will have all sorts of fun and learn lots! Like, where -all- the gas docks are located in your boating area.. :-)
-jim lee

vidrinek
08-05-2001, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by rmclague:
looking for a tunnel ram for my 455 olds.
Can,t find any one who carries them.
I looked at Weiand, Offy, and edelbrock pages
and there is no mention that they exist.
I have seen many ols 455 with tunnel rams
does any one have a maker and part number?
Price is not an issue.
Thanks
Rob

vidrinek
08-05-2001, 03:11 PM
Mondellos and Offenhauser both make tunnel rams. Check out www.mondellotwister.com. (http://www.mondellotwister.com.) You can buy both there. Also, check out www.dickmillerracing. (http://www.dickmillerracing.) He is a Olds buff as well. Good luck. E-mail me with any questions, I would love to help.
vidrinek