PDA

View Full Version : Madison's Fundraising bracelets

racecar.hotshoe
03-29-2005, 08:32 PM
http://battlesangel.com/images/bracelets.jpg
These bracelets will have the following text; BATTLES ANGEL (outside front), STAY STRONG (outside back), MADI & MAX (inside). They will be a shade of green (bluish green). We will have adult and youth sizes. We will be asking $5 a piece for the bands. Distribution and shipping details are being worked out, but they will certainly be able to be picked up at many places. The entire amount raised will be going directly to the Battles and will be used to help for expenses from this event.
Watch for more details coming soon... I will be buying some.... :)

life's a river
03-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Count me in! Keep us updated.
LAR

roln 20s
03-29-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm in...I'll buy some :)
Best wishes still for madison and the Battles family.
Patrick
AKA Roln 20s

dasburb
03-29-2005, 09:21 PM
Great idea!!! I will be in for a few!!!

Garrddogg
03-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Let me know where and when they are available..

JetBoatRich
03-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Mark, you know I want a few :cool:

essexjet
03-30-2005, 12:45 AM
Put me down for a few :)

purrfecttremor
03-30-2005, 04:10 AM
please count me in for some.

2NDTIMEAROUND
03-30-2005, 04:48 AM
Speedy recovery Madison our thoughts and prayers arewith you

TeamLombo
03-30-2005, 06:26 AM
The bracelets have been ordered. They are telling me 4-6 weeks which is pretty standard. I was on the phone with them yesterday and they are already in production. So maybe they will be here sooner.
They will be $5 a piece and will be available in adult and youth sizes.

racecar.hotshoe
03-30-2005, 06:27 AM
Just let us know!........

Artv
03-30-2005, 06:30 AM
Put us down for a few.

FRENCHIE
03-30-2005, 06:33 AM
WILL TAKE TWO!!! :cool:

shueman
03-30-2005, 06:34 AM
Four Please...!!

Procraftkev
03-30-2005, 06:43 AM
I will take some also, Let me know when and and how to send the money.

boxscore
03-30-2005, 06:53 AM
We'll take four for our family (our dog gets one) and then an extra one for Max since he's staying at our house beginning tomorrow. Do they also come in dog sizes? :confused:

Mrs.Racer277
03-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Keep us posted I will take a few. :D

Norseman
03-30-2005, 08:37 AM
We're in for a couple, let me know when and where to send the money!!!

redneckgirl
03-30-2005, 08:49 AM
2 for us!!!! 1 adult & 1 child.... let me know how much and were to send the check!!! :) :)
RNG

Screaming Pete
03-30-2005, 09:42 AM
3 adults 1 child, I'm in and which her a speedy recovery

pixilatedpussy
03-30-2005, 09:46 AM
I will sell some at our shop, if it helps!!!! I will take 2 kids, 1 Adult, and I will pass the message on to my friends not on HB yet!!!! :smile:

racecar.hotshoe
03-30-2005, 02:53 PM
:D TTT :D

WYRD
03-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Anybody worked out the ordering details yet? :idea:

TeamLombo
03-30-2005, 08:35 PM
The bracelets were ordered Monday and will take 4-6 weeks to be delivered :cry: . We are considering taking pre-orders/pre-payments or something. I am just not sure if that is a good idea before we actually have the bracelets. This needs to go as smooth as possible for everyone involved, mostly the Battles.
I can say that for sure that we are planning on having many places the bracelets can be picked up if at all possible to reduce the shipping efforts.
The ordering process will probably be through e-mail messages and/or PayPal transactions.
Please keep your interest in this, and I will have things worked out soon
Lets get everyone wearing these things (when the finally get here :rollside: ). How cool will that be to run into people at the river wearing one.
Thanks,
Michael.

racecar.hotshoe
03-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Michael I would be more than happy to handle to hot boat people for you.........Let me know,Mark

PBOCOP
03-30-2005, 09:02 PM
I'll take a few as well.
What is the current status of her ? I haven't seen an update recently. Is she getting any better or just status quo ?
Thanks.

Badger301
03-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Anything I can do to help. Please put me down for two.

25Elmn8r
03-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Definitely put me down for 2 Adult and 2 Children!

boxscore
03-30-2005, 11:10 PM
I'll take a few as well.
What is the current status of her ? I haven't seen an update recently. Is she getting any better or just status quo ?
Thanks.
Update as follows... Madison is officially in rehab right now. She has a serious brain injury from the trauma. The next 3-4 weeks will be full of intense rehab and attn to trying to help her get more alert and mobile. There's so many questions to still be answered. But a few things are certain:
1. Madison, Camryn, Sandy, and Mike have superb support. We here on the boards are just one component but congrats to our little community here on HB for stepping up. I'm sure Mom and Dad would be the first to say that efforts such as the ones here have been immensely supportive to their situation. Complete strangers, albiet fellow boaters, have sent their good wishes and even made visits to Loma Linda. COMPLETE STRANGERS! Now these same people are actively engaging in fund raising. i.e. RacecarHotshoe offering help with distribution of bracelets. I'm awestruck with the generosity around here.
2. Madison is a force to be reckoned with. I know this girl. She's 8 years old. I have a seven year old daughter. I see lots of kids this age at school, etc. I have never, ever seen a girl as strong, bright, independent, and willful as Madison. Good and decent people get dealt bad hands. We see it happen all the time. If ever there was a little girl prepared for dealing with adversity, then Madison would be at the top of the heap. I wish i had better words for describing this point.
3. FATE .... Madison has this on her side. She and her family may have been pushed into a corner but think of all the fateful things that have happened since. A doctor that was immediately on the scene AND carrying an oxygen tank, a medi-vac helicopter, a trauma center nearby, the worlds best childrens hospital at Loma Linda, Ronald McDonald House, an intense outpouring of support, employers showing outstanding support to Mike and Sandy, a lung infection thats got it's ass handily kicked, a family dog surviving 3 1/2 weeks in the desert without food (thx to abundant rain), a man doing his job in the desert stumbling upon a dying dog, a radio station announcing a lost dog, dog reunited (btw Max is sleeping on my feet under the desk right now), Madison kicking down the doors of ICU and now in rehab, a sister seeing her big sister for the first time in weeks and handling it well, and ceaseless prayer.
I've heard of two steps forward and one step back. This is nothing like that. Madison is on a serious march. You will one day meet this girl and family. That will be great day. I'll have my camera ready.
Every single night my daughter prays for her friend Madison. I end up walking out of her room with tears in my eyes. Hannah doesn't cry but I know she senses my distress over the situation. It's almost as if she's helping me out. Kinda like when little sister Camryn assumed the role of comforter at Madison's bedside. My daughter determinely prays though. She just wants to one day hang with her buddy again. It's funny how these fragile little kids are in some ways loads tougher than Moms and Dads. Trust me... I'm a big wimp after bedtime prayers.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Any word on the bracelets yet :)

racecar.hotshoe
04-21-2005, 12:49 PM
They are on the way!............ :rollside:

Newcastle
04-21-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm still in for a couple adult sizes...

slink
04-21-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm still in for a couple adult sizes...
Me too....

Eliminator 4 Life
04-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Let us know when they are ready to go :cool: