PDA

View Full Version : Helping out a friend....

Kindsvater Flat
03-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Posting this for a friend of mine. Thought some of you might be interested.
Thanks Mike
Recently our 2-year-old German Shepherd, Lexi, was diagnosed with Canine Hip Dysplasia (CHD). She requires total hip replacements (both hips) or faces certain death. She cannot live in the condition she is currently in, as it will only worsen, leading to total lameness and the inability to walk. With 95% of young healthy dogs returning to 100% functionality, we have decided this is our only option. She is an extremely special dog. The operation is very expensive and our desire to save her life is strong. Therefore, we have decided to produce a calendar with pictures of her and sell them on eBay. We realize not everyone will support such a cause. I am asking all my friends and business associates to at least forward this email to their friends, in hopes that enough people will purchase the calendar, and help us cover the cost of her surgery. Thanks for your compassion.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7145949275&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1
http://www.schoutenranch.com/stayout/lexi.JPG
Sincerely,
Nick & Karen

Kindsvater Flat
03-30-2005, 04:31 PM
bump

Rexone
03-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Cmon peeps pony up, 10 bucks ain't gonna kill anyone. Think of all the ways you waste 10 bucks on a daily basis. I got my calender comin. Save the pup, it don't cost much and if half the peeps on this forum ponyed up it'd be a done deal prolly and then some.
C'mon!

MsDrmr
03-30-2005, 05:47 PM
bump
Please check your pm's

Mrs Luvnlife
03-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Our calendar is on it's way! Sorry to hear this, very sad! :frown: Afterall, animals are our best friends!!

78Anthonyjet
03-30-2005, 06:29 PM
I cut and pasted this, sent it to about 20 people, the wife at work- so she will send it around the office, they all have dogs, so hopefully they all will by one and that should pan out to about 45. Good luck with the pup.
Norm

Kindsvater Flat
03-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks for doing this. I got your pm and I'm trying to get Nick to answer the phone right now and register up. They both will appreciate everything you offer.
Mike

ahhell
03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Done....I like most dogs more than most people anyway....
come on 10 bucks..... ya cheep asses..... :D

Mrs.Racer277
03-30-2005, 08:15 PM
My calendar is on it's way. Doggie friendly in our house. :D
I hope everyone steps up for a good cause.

looky_lou
03-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your pooch. :( I don't need a calendar, but I would like to paypal a donation. Please let me know the address to send it to. I hope everything goes well with the surgery.

Kindsvater Flat
03-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Here is the link to the dogs. http://www.lexigsd.com/German_Shepherds/
Nick wanted me to say thank you and tomorrow they go for a consultation.

superdave013
03-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your pooch. :( I don't need a calendar, but I would like to paypal a donation. Please let me know the address to send it to. I hope everything goes well with the surgery.
Same here. Post up the pay pal address Mike.
BTW, if this is the Nick I'm thinking it is he really helped me out once.
I'll send this info to my wife's office. Hope they have lots of calendars.
We have 2 dogs and I've spent so much money on them it's unreal. Worth every penny too!

Kindsvater Flat
03-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Here is his info. Please include a return address for a calender. If you just donate he made mention that according to Mr Taxman is that they get 50% of gift donations. Its much less if he sells a product to you.
Thanks..
Mike
A PayPal account you can send donation to n_kruse@charter.net, and just let him know what it is for. Or you can send to his home.
Nick Kruse
2337 Anderson Drive SW
Decatur, AL 35603

superdave013
03-31-2005, 06:30 AM
Here is his info. Please include a return address for a calender. If you just donate he made mention that according to Mr Taxman is that they get 50% of gift donations. Its much less if he sells a product to you.
Thanks..
Mike
A PayPal account you can send donation to n_kruse@charter.net, and just let him know what it is for. Or you can send to his home.
Nick Kruse
2337 Anderson Drive SW
Decatur, AL 35603
Yup, that's the guy that helped me out of a jam once.
Bump back to the top!

looky_lou
03-31-2005, 06:34 AM
Thanks..
Mike
Nick Kruse
2337 Anderson Drive SW
Decatur, AL 35603
Just sent a paypal payment. Good luck with everything. :)

gsd
04-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks to everyone....Several have asked how they can help. Well when I first conceived this idea, I knew it would take many friends like Kindsvater Flat to help us out. He has really been a blessing. And others who wish to help can spread the story and the link the BLOG (http://www.lexigsd.com) we have started and the eBay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7145949275). We know to raise enough capital for the treatment we will have to sell many more calendars. It has been a tough 2 weeks, moreso for my wife. She has been a wreck, and living with her has been tough, but I understand what she is going through. I only did this because of my love for her, of course, I love Lexi as well.
Several people who have purchased calendars that own businesses: if you would like a link to your business web site as a sponsor on the back cover, please email me and let me know. I thought it would be another way to show our appreciation. We live right on the Tennessee River, so it a fairly large boating community. Of course, nothing like out there. That is why a friend I use to come that way once a year. There will not be a trip this year, but that is okay, we will rebound and be out there again.
Again, thanks for all the wonderful thoughts, and please pass the word to your friends, the more people who are aware of our plight, the better our chances.
Kindsvater Flat, thanks again for posting this for us.

Kindsvater Flat
04-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Anytime Nick!!!

Mrs.Racer277
05-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Just wanted to let you know I received my Lexi Calendar today.
Thanks
Dia

Boatcop
05-25-2005, 05:28 PM
While you're at it, have her spayed. (If not already) Dysplasia is a heriditary trait, found in most larger dog breeds. Having a litter will further disperse the Dysplasia gene.
Bloodhounds have the same problem. Through careful screening and selective breeding, breeders are trying to eliminate the gene in these large dogs. We had X-rays and full physical exam done on our hound before we bred her to make sure that she didn't have the trait.
Good Luck! She's a beautiful animal.

Rexone
05-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Got my calender too (nice thanks). Hope you are successful in saving Lexi.

Performance 19
05-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Just for info purposes... http://www.acarc.com/pageserver/default.asp?section=Home
This is a link to Dr. Rook, who revolutionized hip replacement, displaysia treatment. Our Golden retriever was 10 when he started showing bad symptons of displaysia. Because of his age, surgery was not suggested. By the time we were referred to Dr. Rook, we were having to use a towel to hold up his rear to get him outside, help him walk, etc. He was started on Adequane (actually a medication originally for horses, lubricates joints) Starting with 3 shots a week at about $30.00 per dose, it took about a month, but he was better than he had normally been. Tapered down to 1 shot a month. He passed away peacefully and still able to get around great at the age of 16 years.
For a young dog, surgery is the answer. For those of you with older animals, please don't let a vet say there is no solution, there is!!! Keep looking for a vet who is familiar and will prescribe Adequane.
Also, as Boatcop said, DO NOT pass this along. Canines can be x-rayed and OFA certified at 4 months of age. This gives hips a clean bill of health in the case you are breeding, OR if you want to catch the condition early. It is far too common a problem these days. Sorry for the long post. $ on their way!!! Everything will turn out great for you guys!