PDA

View Full Version : Billet grills in black? Anybody have pictures?

survey76
03-30-2005, 06:59 AM
I'm looking at buying some but am afraid the design might be washed out by the black speaker as a background? (Did that make any sense?) Hopefully you guys know what I mean.
Thanks,
Dan

Magic34
03-30-2005, 03:22 PM
I put a black screen in our polished covers. Are you talking about a actual black powdercoat cover?
If so, we could powdercoat it black and put our bright satin screen behind it to make the cover "pop"
Here is a picture of a polished one with black screen, and a blue powdercoat with bright satin screen. So, just picture the blue as black, and that's what it will look like.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368IMG_1398-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368IMG_1326-med.JPG

survey76
03-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks Magic. Never thought about putting the screen behind the speakers.
If you don't mind me asking, how are the screens held in, and what do you guys use for the screen?
Thanks,
Dan

Magic34
03-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks Magic. Never thought about putting the screen behind the speakers.
If you don't mind me asking, how are the screens held in, and what do you guys use for the screen?
Thanks,
Dan
The screen is our own. It was made specifically to fit our covers. It was designed so that no screws were needed to hold the screen in, the pressure is more than enough. Once pressed in, which is done at our shop, the screen is fairly difficult to get out of the cover, especially on the powder coat covers. The screen will protect the speaker and not dent either. They look sweet too. :cool: The 4 screws that hold the cover to the installation are "overkill" when it somes to holding the screen in as well, but that almost makes it impossible for the screen to come out with the screws in.
The screen is a durable metal :wink: and is finished with an anodize, either black or bright satin.

survey76
03-31-2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks again Magic! I appreciate the info.
-Dan