PDA

View Full Version : Marine Power 454 Mag........Best Upgrade

carreraeagle1
06-15-2001, 02:46 PM
I purchased my Carrera 20ft Eagle last year and it ran great! I was hittin about 55mph with 4 people and I was happy but wanted a littl more kick. I checked into rejetting the carb cause every time I use it the back of the boat was black and the motor choked when i floored it. I called Marine Power and this is what they told me;
"We just take the carbs out of the box and slap them on and however they run is how they run"
I was shocked to hear this and looked into re-jetting it myself. Well to my dismay they put a 650 Holley with vacum secondaries. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHRGGG.
Anyway let me get to the point. My friend told me about this shop in Whitter, CA called C.J. Engineering. I called then up and told them what my problem is. He told me to get him the specs on my motor and bring everything down. I was worried now cause he was going to completely bore out the carb to a 750 and rebuild everything. Well after I saw all the pictures on the wall from almost every top boat and drag racer in the united states signed "Thanks for the carb work" I felt better.
Anyway im really dragging this on, this is the final results:
250.00 for rebuild
63MPH W/4 people..........thats a 8mph difference!
Give this guy a call and he can definetly help you out!
C.J. Fuel Systems
562-946-1388
John

Havasu Hangin'
06-16-2001, 08:59 AM
I gotta concur. These guys did a great job on my out of the box 750. 830 upgrade, overflow crossover, plate work, jetting, pump, etc. They also did a good job on the body powdercoating, chrome bowls and pump housing. They even gave me recommendations on my MSD curve.
I picked up 40 horses, and it looks good doing it.

froggystyle
06-16-2001, 09:11 AM
That's what I'm talking about! People are always impeller this, rideplate that, should I get a diverter? How about get the most potential you can out of your current setup. Tuning is everything, and if you don't know how, take it to someone who does. So much cheaper. In the end, you will still have your screwed up motor, and a new ride plate.

ponponracing
06-16-2001, 09:31 AM
Tuning my friend, tuning! That's the KEY.

EDROE
06-16-2001, 11:51 AM
Carrera, I have that same engine in my boat and it runs pretty good, except I always have to crank it over alot to get it started. So I think I'm gonna have toget that carb rebuilt. Then I'm gonna save for a MSD ignition. It should run pretty good then. Hey Froggy & ponpon thanks for that advice it will save me alot of guess work....EDROE

carreraeagle1
06-16-2001, 06:04 PM
Hey Edroe!
My motor did the same thing before I rebuilt the carb. Now it starts great! If you have the same motor I still have all the settings he gave me for that motor so all the hard work is done! Just send him the carb and the settings. You will also need to change the fuel intake lines. I put in an Edelbrock dual fuel line kit, he will give you the part number.
Later

Lightning
12-10-2004, 10:54 AM
Has anyone else used these guys??? --> C.J. Fuel Systems