PDA

View Full Version : I am never gonna get this thing done

Danhercules
03-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Finnaly got the alt bolted up. Had one broken bolt. Took it out and got her aligned. had to modify the bracket but mocked it up.
I unbolted everthing, put some washers on and went for final instal.
BROKE ANOTHER BOLT!!! This time its the bolt that holds the bracket to adjust the alt. Its through the motor plate, through the timing cover, and busted in the block. I just snugged it up and SNAP!!! :angry2:
Looks like I got to take of the front motor plate!!!! :hammerhea :angry2:
Who wants to buy a boat? Just kidding. Time for a beer.

Squirtin Thunder
03-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Finnaly got the alt bolted up. Had one broken bolt. Took it out and got her aligned. had to modify the bracket but mocked it up.
I unbolted everthing, put some washers on and went for final instal.
BROKE ANOTHER BOLT!!! This time its the bolt that holds the bracket to adjust the alt. Its through the motor plate, through the timing cover, and busted in the block. I just snugged it up and SNAP!!! :angry2:
Looks like I got to take of the front motor plate!!!! :hammerhea :angry2:
Who wants to buy a boat? Just kidding. Time for a beer.
Hey Herc !!!!
Not so much power !!! It sounds like you are bottoming out the threads inside the block. Have two beers and call me in the morning !!!
Jim

moneysucker
03-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Just sell the motor and get a chevy. Problem solved. Some sucker would buy that ford. Now you can get that beer. JK
Cy

sleekcrafter
03-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Sounds like grade 3 hardware Dan, step up to some quality stainless hardware. Hope you getter done soon. oh hey BEERS on me! :D
Sleek

Squirtcha?
03-30-2005, 03:07 PM
I used all grade 8 on the motor accessories/bracketry. Stainless is about the equivalent of grade 5.

Brooski
03-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Just sell the motor and get a chevy. Problem solved. Some sucker would buy that ford. Now you can get that beer. JK
Cy
Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Squirtin Thunder
03-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by moneysucker
Cy
Couldn't have said it better myself. :)
I think it is a little late for him to switch !!!

FOURQ
03-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I think it is a little late for him to switch !!!
HAHA its never to late....... looks like mine ran before yours :D dont worry Dan mines not done yet eather but hey it RUNS
Shawn

mexrunner
03-30-2005, 07:26 PM
if the bolts are used for just clamping with no side load grade 8 is the best but if theres any side load save yourself the havoc and use stainless or grade 5 because grade 8s are just to brittle and will sheer easily. just my .02's

LUVNLIFE
03-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Plus stainless looks better longer :wink:

CrdStang
03-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Here's one for ya, I believe this head bolt speaks for its self. Needless to say I ordered up a set of ARP head bolts after this incident
http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41ccb67az9bf7b80e/3f2b/__sr_/4218.jpg?phIr3SCByDYpQr9y
:eek: