PDA

View Full Version : First nominee for the 2005 Darwin award!

Tremor Therapy
03-30-2005, 04:37 PM
The following mind-boggling attempt at a crime spree in Washington appeared to be the robber's first (and last), due to his lack of a previous record of violence, and his terminally stupid choices:
1. His target was H&J Leather & Firearms. A gun shop specializing in handguns.
2. The shop was full of customers - firearms customers.
3. To enter the shop, the robber had to step around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door.
4. A uniformed officer was standing at the counter, having coffee before work. Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up, and fired a few wild shots from a .22 target pistol. The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire; the police officer with a 9mm Glock 17, the clerk with a .50 Desert Eagle, assisted by several customers who also drew their guns and fired. The robber was pronounced dead at the scene by Paramedics. Crime scene investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds (48.9% target acquisition). Ballistics identified rounds from 7 different weapons. No one else was hurt in the exchange of fire.
Here we are at the beginning of March and we already may have the 2005 winner of the Darwin Award. This guy is going to be hard to beat.

Jordy
03-30-2005, 04:41 PM
That's good stuff. :D

chub
03-30-2005, 04:52 PM
We have a winner!!!!

Badger301
03-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Obviously a successful suicide.

Kilrtoy
03-30-2005, 06:37 PM
You would be surprised he has many stupid releatives, its still early in the year, it will get better

Tremor Therapy
03-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Come on Miquel.....you have to admit this definately has the makings :rollside: for the top 5!

uvindex
03-30-2005, 06:51 PM
According to www.snopes.com, that one happened in 1990, so the 2005 award is still up for grabs! :p (A few details have been embellished, but it is for the most part true.)
See http://www.snopes.com/crime/dumdum/gunshop.asp

Tremor Therapy
03-30-2005, 06:57 PM
DAMN! I hate it when friends of friends send you dated information! :devil:

bigkatboat
03-30-2005, 06:58 PM
That's my idea of GUN CONTROL! I am a little worried about the less than 50% score, sounds like too many officers were having 'coffee' before work. Or too much 'coffee' being served at the Republican meeting last night. I do hope those 7 'hunters' get some practice, soon. Would that story be considered "robbery in the round"? Unlike "theater in the round"!

Ken F
03-30-2005, 07:05 PM
>According to www.snopes.com, that one happened in 1990, so the 2005 award is still up for grabs! (A few details have been embellished, but it is for the most part true.)<
RAtherBe,
Congratulations! Glad to see that at least ONE other person on here knows how to check the validity of some of this shnit! LOL
Ken F

Kilrtoy
03-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Dont use a feather
back in the ealry 70's a man was just paroled from state prison for robbery. So he walks away from union station in downtown L.A. and finds his way into the SHORT STOP BAR, about 2 miles up the road.
For those of you who know this is a cop bar and a well know one at that.
It's pay day and as usual the bar is packed. The man not knowing any better walks in holding a feather in his coat and sticks the place up.
Needless to say that was the last thing he every did. He was found with 100 plus rounds in him from numerous .38 cal rounds..... This is story of legend , but whats sad is, it is a true story.....

Mandelon
03-30-2005, 08:02 PM
I read a story about a mugger this morning. He held up a lady walking her dog in Kensington, a nice area of San Diego. He grabbed the bag in her hand.......Yep. It was a bag of dog poop. :messedup:
He demanded money, to which she replied she had none, since she was only walking her dog......he pointed his gun at the dog......and pulled the trigger. Twice. Both misfires. :supp: He runs off with the bag o' doo.....
Police are looking for a late model silver Honda.... :messedup:

DaveA
03-30-2005, 09:14 PM
I read a story about a mugger this morning. He held up a lady walking her dog in Kensington, a nice area of San Diego. He grabbed the bag in her hand.......Yep. It was a bag of dog poop. :messedup:
He demanded money, to which she replied she had none, since she was only walking her dog......he pointed his gun at the dog......and pulled the trigger. Twice. Both misfires. :supp: He runs off with the bag o' doo.....
Police are looking for a late model silver Honda.... :messedup:
Hey! I just saw that late model silver Honda on the Interstate on the way home tonite! Several times.. :idea: ...
That guy must be tired driving all the way from Cali.
Wonder what he did with the loot?.... :D