PDA

View Full Version : Jay Z buys the N. J. Nets???

Not So Fast
03-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Did I hear this right or was I dreaming?? Rapper Jay Z bought the New Jersey Nets!!!! I thought all the musicians were going broke because of pirate downloading, at least according to Lars!! Then the next thing I heard was Usher buys a large part of the Cav's. I stopped watching B.B. because of the Laker fiasco and on top of that it seems like the league is nothing but thugs now. Go Suns!! NSF

dmontzsta
03-30-2005, 05:38 PM
This has been going on for a long time, he has actually "bought in" to them a year or so ago. Just like Puffy has a piece of the Knicks and Nelly has a big piece of the Bobcats.

Not So Fast
03-30-2005, 05:46 PM
This has been going on for a long time, he has actually "bought in" to them a year or so ago. Just like Puffy has a piece of the Knicks and Nelly has a big piece of the Bobcats.
I knew of these guy's buying into teams but this article said he owns them outright ??? Like I said thugs owned by thugs! My $.02 NSF

Aqua Boogie1
03-30-2005, 05:51 PM
I knew of these guy's buying into teams but this article said he owns them outright ??? Like I said thugs owned by thugs! My $.02 NSF
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What $.02!!! :2purples:

Kilrtoy
03-30-2005, 07:15 PM
I agree with this....

mbrown2
03-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Other than Jason Kidd beating up his wife, where are all these Thug Crimes you speak of with the Nets and their owner Jay Z...?

Kilrtoy
03-30-2005, 08:44 PM
I dislike and like posts like these. I dislike the fact that people generalize all black athletes as thugs. I like the fact that it gives me a pretty good insight into who thinks what about whom. Kind of helps me seperate the wheat from the chaff, as it were.
Who said anything about BLACK AThletes,
Im referring to pro players in general..............

looky_lou
03-30-2005, 08:52 PM
GO SONICS :) (Owned by a Coffee Man)

SBullet
03-30-2005, 09:11 PM
I happen to like Jay Z!! This is the land of opportunity right! Good for him if he can own a basketball team!

RiverN00B
03-31-2005, 02:34 AM
Larz=Douche I dun like him one bit and he has no idea what he's talking about..
First of all..not everyone owns a computer..so they can't pirate anything and will go out and buy CD's..
Second, even ppl that pirate music, buy CD's just because of the fact that some CD's come with extra stuff, AND some of them even have morals...(hard to believe, yes, but its still true). For the most part consider pirating as a method to preview what you wanna buy...After all, you can't ALWAYS get the same quality music pirated as you could if you go out and buy the CD..
And good for Jay-Z :) Good to see ppl doing something smart with their money (I haven't kept tabs on sports in a while so I can't say this with any real assurance).

jdogginla
03-31-2005, 04:40 AM
None of them.........Jay Z, Nelly, P-diddy and more recently Usher (Cleveland) have enough ownership to make any big decisions. They all are one of many in an investment group that have minority ownership. Basically a nice tax umbrella and place to invest a big chunk of their change. ;)

a catered life
03-31-2005, 07:12 AM
i was originally pissed to read this type of crap on the boards my self and this attitude about so called thugs and making references to black people just pisses me off :umm: i have been quite for a long time but enough is a enough drop the attitude and open your mind and learn wtf a real thug is :yuk: come on a rapper that made a few million and is retired from rapping and now is enjoying his life and money :frown: THUG so i guess bill gates is a gangster too :eek: i agree 95% with shock wave bob
yea this is a touchy subject for me cause i only hear this shit when a black man does something that somehow invades your space. you should be happy to see new faces enter into corporate america maybe shit wont cost your kids so dam much now thats my dam $.03 cents

Aqua Boogie1
03-31-2005, 11:07 AM
I agree with this....
Whatever happened to people changing as they grow????? Jay-Z was a drug dealer in his younger life but made good, made some money and now living the good life. Basically at this point, he CAN'T afford to be a thug. And being a thug is a mind set, so anyone can be a thug.........even you Kilr............... :rolleyes: :cool:

Hallett19
03-31-2005, 11:40 AM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1490121/20040812/story.jhtml
Jay-Z is a minority owner of the Nets.

Kilrtoy
03-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Im a hot boat forum thug.
Almost all rappers were in some sort of underhanded dealings at one point or another. But lets get back to basketball here and more so pro sports.
When the lights and camera's go away most of them are pieces of CRAP
As for white folks their called trailer trash, not thugs...

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
03-31-2005, 11:54 AM
I dislike and like posts like these. I dislike the fact that people generalize all black athletes as thugs. I like the fact that it gives me a pretty good insight into who thinks what about whom. Kind of helps me seperate the wheat from the chaff, as it were.
I'm with you BOB, we can see right threw the sheets :lightsabe

Kilrtoy
03-31-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm with you BOB, we can see right threw the sheets :lightsabe
What right through the 2 holes you cut in it.... :messedup:

bigd1
03-31-2005, 12:10 PM
is a "Thug" somebody you don't like who has money or somebody a different color than you who has money?

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
03-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Just more proof that this site is on a steep downward slide.
Kilr can be racist if he wants. The belief is the belief no matter what YOU are.
You don't read where Bill Gates get's locked up for whatever. How about Donald Trump, Warren Buffet, wonder what kind of dope Bill Cosby peddled and how old he was when he grew outta it?
Money doesn't equal respectability, moral values, integrity, etc. Money doesn't change the piece of sh*t you were before you had it. You're just a rich piece of sh*t.
What a bunch of crap. "Dah, let's just not lock up all of the younguns say 16 to 30 year olds that commit murder cuz they'll grow out of it".
What are you ? F*ckin stupid?
Look in our jails and tell me what percentages are what color. Are you so dumb that you think that the percentages are any different on the street?
It's not hard to figure out that I'm prejudiced to the max- I hate STUPID an a couple of you just got added to my list.
You ass*oles that wanna turn everything into a black verses white verses brown debate can go f*ck yourselves. Just go away and take your non boatcrap with you.
Rio
ps...I'm not racist- I had a black boat once. lol
BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA :sleeping:

racecar.hotshoe
03-31-2005, 07:51 PM
http://uselessgraphics.com/pic3harten.gif

mbrown2
03-31-2005, 09:47 PM
Go scour your property for a 74 Nova, loser.
Ouch....lmao... :eek: :)

SBullet
03-31-2005, 09:55 PM
I guess if'n I lived in Rivertucky, I'd be pretty pissed off too. Go scour your property for a 74 Nova, loser.
WOW!! Nice one ShockwaveBob! :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

racecar.hotshoe
03-31-2005, 10:09 PM
Man it's rough in the sandbox all day!.............. :)

dexman38
03-31-2005, 11:53 PM
popcorn get your popcorn it geting thick in here :idea: .