PDA

View Full Version : WTF.......Thatguyjeff???

Essex29
03-30-2005, 06:45 PM
How the hell do you get you stuff cut, stitched and mailed out in a freakin day?
I ordered a prop cover at 10am or so yesterday....It was sitting at my door step today...awesome service and the product is 1st class!!!
Thanks Jeff!

THATJEFFGUY
03-30-2005, 10:13 PM
...from the Prop Cover Fairy, of course ! Just kiddin'....I run a sweat shop here ! Truthfully, I'm just so sick of $hitty customer service everywhere I go, that I strive to provide the best service I can ! So I hope everyone that has dealt with me has been completely satisfied ! If not...too damn bad ! :D But thanks for the compliments guys !

Chromegorilla
03-31-2005, 03:06 AM
Truthfully, I'm just so sick of $hitty customer service everywhere I go, that I strive to provide the best service I can !
And it shows my friend! Ordered mine last Wed. It was in my hands in Georgia Sat AM. Quick, fast and in a hurry I tell ya!

looky_lou
03-31-2005, 06:22 AM
Way to go Jeff!!!!! :wink:

Garrddogg
03-31-2005, 06:40 AM
I was also very happy with my dealings with Jeff and also the product :D

cola
03-31-2005, 06:41 AM
I had a problem with my cover. It was still hot when it arrived. I think he put it on my front porch the same day I PM'ed my order here on Hot Boat. Thanks jeff. Can I use this cover in the water when the kids are swimming around the boat. If so I need a little flag for the steering wheel like the ones used for wheel locks on bikes.:cool:
Thanks again, Mike

Raisin Wake
03-31-2005, 06:48 AM
...from the Prop Cover Fairy, of course ! Just kiddin'....
I've been to his shop. He's not kidding..... ;)

JB in so cal
03-31-2005, 07:36 AM
Well I, for one, am extremey disappointed in TJG's business practices.
Around Xmas time I ordered two covers; Jeff said, "man, I don't know if I can get you those that soon, like 3 days?". Much to my dismay and shock :eek: , that SOB had them here in 2 days. :cool:
What a dirty rotten SOB that guy is!! The Better Business Bureau will hear from me. The nerve: getting something to a customer sooner than promised!!
And when I order a custom canopy, I'm probably going to get the same kind of service. Just my luck.
The covers will be put to good use this summer, Jeff!

CJ
03-31-2005, 07:40 AM
Congrats Jeff! Keep up the good work! Email me when you get a chance as I cannot PM or email from the website due to some yet unknown issue, and the ***boat customer service lacking. Maybe you could teach them something.
Chris Johnson
chris@real-gear.com

Dave C
03-31-2005, 08:29 AM
thats some messed up sh*t right there. :hammer2:
damn upstarts.. :hammer2:
The nerve: getting something to a customer sooner than promised!!

CJ
03-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Sweet Daytona Dave!

Parker Dreamin
03-31-2005, 08:49 AM
We got a cover from Jeff a few months back... he was able to meet us off the 10frwy on the way to the river.... he is class act... Thanks again Jeff.

Red Eye
03-31-2005, 09:49 AM
Well I, for one, am extremey disappointed in TJG's business practices.
Around Xmas time I ordered two covers; Jeff said, "man, I don't know if I can get you those that soon, like 3 days?". Much to my dismay and shock :eek: , that SOB had them here in 2 days. :cool:
What a dirty rotten SOB that guy is!! The Better Business Bureau will hear from me. The nerve: getting something to a customer sooner than promised!!
And when I order a custom canopy, I'm probably going to get the same kind of service. Just my luck.
The covers will be put to good use this summer, Jeff!
I feel your pain... I too had that unfortunate luck. :cool:

Dave C
03-31-2005, 10:02 AM
thanks.
looks like you got a new addition to the family too (2005). Did you take delivery yet? Pics?
Sweet Daytona Dave!

Her454
03-31-2005, 10:12 AM
.............and the POSITIVE power of the Internet.........tis a good thing here. :D

CJ
03-31-2005, 10:41 AM
thanks.
looks like you got a new addition to the family too (2005). Did you take delivery yet? Pics?
Yep! 12 hours on my 525 and it is awesome. VERY happy I didn't go with the M&^$*% Cat. Bob has treated me like a family member since day one. There is a reason Powerboat has called him the Godfather!
After my duplicate experience, I decided to go with a more generic design. I used as a base the 30 Eagle that was in Powerboat. Of course I put my own special touches to it. Being duped while in the mold is one thing, but after you have it on the water, now that is uncontrollable and more a compliment than not.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/50Eliminator.jpg

CJ
03-31-2005, 10:43 AM
.............and the POSITIVE power of the Internet.........tis a good thing here. :D
Watch for more POSITIVE power, coming soon. Can't let the proverbial cat out of the bag yet, but will be looking for a few beta testers soon!
AWESOME!! My signature is back. Thanks Hot Boat!!!

Dave C
03-31-2005, 11:19 AM
sweet.
We were ALSO looking at a 28 V with the same paint scheme but blue/grey and also on a 26/25 Daytona with the same scheme but blue & red.
Why not a cat? Insurance or you likey the extra room?.
I think the ol' lady would have liked the 28 V with the walk-through but she ain't making the payment so we got a cat :D ;) .
Yep! 12 hours on my 525 and it is awesome. VERY happy I didn't go with the M&^$*% Cat. Bob has treated me like a family member since day one. There is a reason Powerboat has called him the Godfather!
After my duplicate experience, I decided to go with a more generic design. I used as a base the 30 Eagle that was in Powerboat. Of course I put my own special touches to it. Being duped while in the mold is one thing, but after you have it on the water, now that is uncontrollable and more a compliment than not.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/50Eliminator.jpg

CJ
03-31-2005, 02:19 PM
The Daytona was a bit more money and I hit the ocean as much as possible. I think the V fit my needs a bit more. Insurance was definitely an issue as I only saw the cat issue getting worse. I love my Eagle!

THATJEFFGUY
03-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey what's up with the hijackers ? :eek:
A few of you have called and said you haven't seen a picture of the elusive "Prop Cover" that everyone is talking about. Well, it's basically a polyester cover with 1" foam in the middle to protect the blades, that attaches to the prop shaft with elastic cord, and has handles to carry the prop if you remove it. You can leave it on while towing or use it in the water to eliminate toe/feet injuries. We have just about any color you want ! Here's some pics....
http://members.aol.com/coolcovercanopy/coolprop4
http://members.aol.com/coolcovercanopy/coolprop5

Pointerman
03-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Jeff,
Regarding use in the water, won't the foam absorb water and mildew? I want a cover for use in the water myself, but I am worried about how long it will last.

MsDrmr
03-31-2005, 06:19 PM
And it shows my friend! Ordered mine last Wed. It was in my hands in Georgia Sat AM. Quick, fast and in a hurry I tell ya!
isn't that how most men operate,, quick fast and in a hurry :D

phebus
03-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Big difference though, I didn't roll over and go to sleep after I got my cover. :D

THATJEFFGUY
03-31-2005, 11:03 PM
Jeff,
Regarding use in the water, won't the foam absorb water and mildew? I want a cover for use in the water myself, but I am worried about how long it will last.
Well I used mine in the water several times, and never had a problem. Afterwards, I just stepped on it and squeezed the water out and sitting in the sun, it dried pretty fast anyway. Maybe someone else on here has used theirs underwater...any input guys ?

Havasu Hangin'
04-01-2005, 05:03 AM
Que mucho? :idea:
Buy one, get one free? :supp:

phebus
04-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Jeff, what type of foam are you using? Open cell foam (absorbs water), or closed cell foam (won't absorb water)? The water absorbtion may not even be an issue. Take a little piece of the foam your using, and soak it in water. If it doesn't soak up water like a sponge, all is good. My guess is that it is a closed cell foam.

spectratoad
04-01-2005, 07:37 AM
I'm satisfied, what's the problem? :hammer2: :D