PDA

View Full Version : Optima hookups or best price around?

C-2
03-30-2005, 09:37 PM
My neighbor is looking for two Optima's before the weekend.
Any hookups, or where can he find the best price (availability at this point!!!)?
thanks in advance

Tom Brown
03-30-2005, 09:39 PM
For red tops... Walmart.

C-2
03-30-2005, 09:43 PM
Is it the blue or yellow tops for stereo?
Thanks Tom, didn't know that.

Phat Matt
03-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Is it the blue or yellow tops for stereo?
Thanks Tom, didn't know that.
Either one as long as they are deep cycle. Their are 2 different blue tops. Check Costco.

nextasex
03-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Craig, Costco, Costco, Costco! I bought a set this past winter from there.
Frank
BTW, get the blue tops.

phebus
03-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Costco has the blue top deep cycle batteries for $142.- ea. No core charge.

C-2
03-30-2005, 10:25 PM
:)

moneypit
03-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Is 142 a good price?

Sane Asylum
03-31-2005, 04:41 AM
Is 142 a good price?
yep

RitcheyRch
03-31-2005, 08:33 AM
I have a red top Optima 35 I am trying to get rid of for $75. It was used in a car for one month. Sold the car and no longer need the battery.

riverracerx
03-31-2005, 09:09 AM
I had blue tops and one tanked after a couple of months. Took it to the Battery guy in Havasu and he said it was crap.
Returned it to AutoZone and got a pro-rated refund.
I have WalMart batteries now and they have been awesome, for a 1/3rd of the price.

havasuaddicted661
03-31-2005, 09:15 AM
Bought mine at Costco was the cheapest price around that I could find think they were $145..I Bought them Back in November of 2003 went to go start the boat in march and found that one of them was dead and woundnt take a charge, called Optima they said that it ws still under warrenty so I took it costco and they gave me a new one for free.

prosthogod
03-31-2005, 09:28 AM
I bought 2 red tops for the excursion, 125 each, 3 yr free replacement and 3 more yrs prorate. At Interstate battery store.

BadBahner
03-31-2005, 09:31 AM
My neighbor is looking for two Optima's before the weekend.
Any hookups, or where can he find the best price (availability at this point!!!)?
thanks in advance
I bought the Red Tops for 129 at autozone because they have the easiest to deal with warranty policy. Autozones are everywhere too, Havi, Bullhead and all over the place so it is easy to return them when they tank. I know a paid a few bucks more but I was in and out of the store in the same amount of time it would take to park the car at costco or walmart.
I use the red to start the boat and I have a blue for running the stereo.
Eric

victorfb
03-31-2005, 09:51 AM
for a single battery the optimas work great, but if you have the room for two batteries, you cant beat useing two 6 volt batteries like the trojan T-105 ran in series. by draining the battery constantly with high end stereos the optimas will have a short life compared to the trojans. only a 6 volt battery is a true "deep cycle" battery. the problem though with useing 6 volt batteries is the non sealed battey case. you need to watch the water levels. in RVs its the best way to go, but in a boat i have no idea how much your bigger boats bounce around but if you have a smooth riding boat, or something like a pontoon boat that isnt going to be bouncing and hitting hard, the 6 volts are by far superior.

phebus
03-31-2005, 11:08 AM
Uh Oh, here we go................. :D

454-ways-to-go
03-31-2005, 11:48 AM
if you go to autozone, they will price match. costco has the big red top for 99 dollars. tell autozone that they have it for that price and they will match.further more you cant beat the warranty policy at autozone(they are everywhere). I believe it has a warranty for 3 years free replacement and 7 year prorate.
Good Luck,
Jonathan

Havasubum
03-31-2005, 11:51 AM
I have a red top Optima 35 I am trying to get rid of for $75. It was used in a car for one month. Sold the car and no longer need the battery.
still have the battery available might be interested where you located?

phebus
03-31-2005, 12:07 PM
if you go to autozone, they will price match. costco has the big red top for 99 dollars. tell autozone that they have it for that price and they will match.further more you cant beat the warranty policy at autozone(they are everywhere). I believe it has a warranty for 3 years free replacement and 7 year prorate.
Good Luck,
Jonathan
I just gave four away that I replaced with new. They were 2 1/2 years old, but I didn't have a reciept for them. I should have tried to return them, I'm sure they must have some kind of date code stamped on them. Oh well, at least the stereo is cranking again.

hbprnstr
03-31-2005, 02:12 PM
have any of you guys tried an Odysey Battery? they are a true dry cell unlike optima that is a gel cell that still admits gasses. They make really good batteries and are twice the battery an optima is. one of their 2150's can replace 2 optimas and some. Might be worth looking at. They are the same batteries the military uses as well as OCTA busses.

jbtrailerjim
03-31-2005, 02:26 PM
have any of you guys tried an Odysey Battery? they are a true dry cell unlike optima that is a gel cell that still admits gasses. They make really good batteries and are twice the battery an optima is. one of their 2150's can replace 2 optimas and some. Might be worth looking at. They are the same batteries the military uses as well as OCTA busses.
I just bought two 2150's to power the stereo in my boat. I have not put them in the boat yet but I've heard nothing but positive comments about Odyssey batteries. I'm sure they will do much better than the two Interstate grp. 24's I have now.

454-ways-to-go
03-31-2005, 02:53 PM
I just gave four away that I replaced with new. They were 2 1/2 years old, but I didn't have a reciept for them. I should have tried to return them, I'm sure they must have some kind of date code stamped on them. Oh well, at least the stereo is cranking again.
Autozone uses couple of methods for warranty
1.telephone number
2.first,last name and zip code.
3. date on battery- depends on the mood of employee.
there warranties are all in the computer, so most of the time you dont need a reciept.

454-ways-to-go
03-31-2005, 02:55 PM
where can someone get these batteries and what is the avg. cost

Havasu Hangin'
03-31-2005, 04:56 PM
Optimas usually die from heating them up by overcharging...they can't take much more than 10 amps, so most car chargers are not good. Get a three stage charger if you want to keep them for awhile.
6 volt Trojans? That ghetto setup will probably go well with the genuine imitation hubcap "spinners" you bought at Pep Boys for your trailer.
:D

jbtrailerjim
03-31-2005, 06:24 PM
6 volt Trojans? That ghetto setup will probably go well with the genuine imitation hubcap "spinners" you bought at Pep Boys for your trailer.
LMAO :D :D ......Somehow I knew you would have something to say about those 6 volt battery set ups. I thought Trojan 6 volts were only for golf carts. :confused: ;) :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
03-31-2005, 07:56 PM
I thought Trojan 6 volts were only for golf carts. :confused: ;) :cool:
Yeah...that's a double bogey, for sure.