PDA

View Full Version : dirt bike spam, XR100

old rigger
03-31-2005, 09:28 AM
My son out grew this XR a few years ago, it's just sitting in the garage now. He's got his eye on a 66 Mustang so he's selling his car, dirt bikes and so on to raise the $.
New White Bros pipe, other than that it's all stock. 1100 bucks. Shoot me a PM if there's any interest. Thanks.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/march312005082.jpg

victorfb
03-31-2005, 10:14 AM
looking at a 66 mustang? geeeeez these kids grow up fast. before you know rich, he is gunna be kickin your butt for selling the flatty. sounds like a gear head in the making. im just glad to hear he not looking at a lowered honda with a supertrap on the tail pipe. lol

roostwear
03-31-2005, 10:19 AM
Buy him a heap first. The first car always gets totaled, so don't send another Mustang to the graveyard. :crossx:

old rigger
03-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Vic,
With him it's baseball first, everything else is way behind that. He's going to Long Beach State next year. I tell him to do what he loves now, if that's baseball, so be it. I never did sports in school, I was always a gearhead. There's plenty of time for that later on and he's slowly showing intrest in gearheaded type stuff. In fact he's building his first boat right now in what litte spare time he has. It's just a little 11 footer, but he's learning more than I think he wanted to know about the way a boat's built. This is him yesterday..........
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/march312005090.jpg
Roost,
he's selling his first car now to finance the Mustang, a 66 bug. And you're right, he 's been tagged 3 times in that car. Each time by a woman, twice in the same parking lot, none of them his fault! Just little fender smasher stuff. The mustang is a 6cyl, auto, but that ok for now. It's very clean. Only bad thing is that my friend who owns it lives up in nor cal. We have to go all the way up ther to get it. My son also has a 38 Ford tudor sedan tucked away (I've had it in storage since he was born) when and if he ever wants to really do a project. The 38 is running a 327 that my dad bought new in 64, so it's a keeper even if he doesn't want it.

roostwear
03-31-2005, 11:14 AM
I just kinda ASSumed this would be his first car. Sounds like he's got the typical teenage luck. Dana's 13 now, and ever since I started teaching him to drive the boat, he's been asking when he'll get the '68 or the roadster. :jawdrop: I better start looking for that AMC Hornet for him now.......

Hustler
03-31-2005, 04:12 PM
I just kinda ASSumed this would be his first car. Sounds like he's got the typical teenage luck. Dana's 13 now, and ever since I started teaching him to drive the boat, he's been asking when he'll get the '68 or the roadster. :jawdrop: I better start looking for that AMC Hornet for him now.......
Roost, Think Gremlin, You cant put enough of those things in the junk yard :D

roostwear
03-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Isn't finding a Gremlin about as easy as a 69 Charger?

victorfb
03-31-2005, 04:38 PM
ive seen a few gremlins in the past couple years. one was actually emaculant. i think the guy even went as far as to restore it that way cause i dont think the factory paint was that nice. go figure, differant stroke for differant folks i guess. now if you really want to challenge your searching techniques, try finding a pacer... :jawdrop: which is basically a pregnant gremlin if you ask me.. :shift:

roostwear
03-31-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking the way I'll find his first car is to go to autotrader.com.
Click "all" for manufacturer, then "from .01 to 50.00" for price. Voilla! First car!!!!

Squirtcha?
03-31-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm thinking the way I'll find his first car is to go to autotrader.com.
Click "all" for manufacturer, then "from .01 to 50.00" for price. Voilla! First car!!!!
Good luck with that one Mike! I just bought my daughter her first car. Can't get anything but junk around Phoenix for under $2000.
Since I'm not anxious for another piece of junk to maintain, (got 5 now) I figured I'd better get her something that's at least in fairly good condition.
Incidently OR...........I had two of the XR100s (one for each kid) and sold em last year. Those things are bulletproof and your price is fair. I sold one for $1500, but it was in like-new condition. Got $1100 for the other one.