PDA

View Full Version : Computer ???

phebus
04-01-2005, 08:46 AM
When I open certain programs, my computer is opening them after opening "Java". Is the Java program something I need, or can I remove it. I don't remember seeing it in the past, and wonder if I downloaded it without knowing it, or needing it.
Thanks

CJ
04-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Some websites require a Java plug-in, however, most do not. If it is always coming up, that is probably a problem.
Update and run your spy/adware software
Update and run your antivirus software
If you continue to have the problem, take note of exactly what programs you are opening. Could be that this is completely normal.
Great luck!

Holland
04-01-2005, 10:01 AM
A lot if internet programs need applets... If you go here you can get the java uploaded. and no it does not hurt anything. Our web systems require the end user to have it installed. The most current xp pro comes already installed if I remember correctly.
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
The two choices are Manual where you can save the whole thing, or load and install from their website
Good luck...
Bob

Holland
04-01-2005, 10:02 AM
When I open certain programs, my computer is opening them after opening "Java". Is the Java program something I need, or can I remove it. I don't remember seeing it in the past, and wonder if I downloaded it without knowing it, or needing it.
Thanks
Sorry Phebus... You already have it.. I guess I should try to read the whole damn post... If you remove it, you may have problems with some sites later.

rvrhlic
04-01-2005, 10:09 AM
The Java program started doing what you are talking about when Microsoft stopped being allow to include Java support in IE. Now you have to download and update java seperately. You sould have it as a lot of web sites require Jaba to function.

CJ
04-01-2005, 10:52 AM
The Java program started doing what you are talking about when Microsoft stopped being allow to include Java support in IE. Now you have to download and update java seperately. You sould have it as a lot of web sites require Jaba to function.
This is very possible. If you updated your version of IE, you may need to update your Java as well.