PDA

View Full Version : people that have leather in thier rides and boat

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-01-2005, 05:35 PM
What do you put on your nice leather seats to protect it after you have been boating and your shorts are wet? I have tried towels and they just absorb the water and wet the leather. Im just looking for some ideas;)

slowinhavasuskid
04-01-2005, 05:41 PM
buy a truck that has no leather in it! :hammerhea ha ha sorry I put seat covers on mine??

572Daytona
04-01-2005, 05:48 PM
It shouldn't hurt the leather to get it wet, at least it doesn't mine. I would think cloth would be more of a problem in that regard.

MagicMtnDan
04-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Your seats will always look better if you put lots of this on 'em...
http://images.wickedweasel.com/skins/white/models/janet/9.jpg

Dr. Eagle
04-01-2005, 05:59 PM
What do you put on your nice leather seats to protect it after you have been boating and your shorts are wet? I have tried towels and they just absorb the water and wet the leather. Im just looking for some ideas;)
I put on sheepskin covers... :D

clownpuncher
04-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Change shorts?

Sweet Addiction
04-01-2005, 07:32 PM
I have cloth seats and I sit in the dam* things wet all the time, well during boating season. They look brand new. But I do take very good care of my truck. Sorry can't help you with the leather.

Dr. Eagle
04-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Don't cows get wet?
Yeah, but they oil themselves... ;)

Sweet Addiction
04-01-2005, 07:52 PM
I think maybe its a natural oiling process. :rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
04-01-2005, 07:55 PM
How do they get their hooves in those little tiny cans of mink oil?
:idea: I've been wondering the same thing... :supp:

Sweet Addiction
04-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Its just money anyway. F**K it.

cc322
04-01-2005, 10:25 PM
From a detailers perspective I only use Ropers leather conditioner same stuff you use on boots and such. If you want to avoid water contact all together then order yourself a set of Wet O'kles neoprene seat covers by far the best.

jlnorthrup122
04-01-2005, 10:57 PM
sounds like cc322 has the answer to your delema! I hate leather seats I will never own a vehicle with leather seats after my leather couch I had! couldn't even bang my ole lady without leaving obviose evidence behind!! and if you say why didn't we clean it up "we played hard back then :D " and I wore her out so she couldn't muster up the energy to clean properly I guess! not to mention getting sweaty and sticky I couldn't stand to sit on the leather in the hot summer days and surley hated sitting on the leather on the cold ass winter days!!! swaid would't be bad though!!

MudPumper
04-01-2005, 11:02 PM
You gotta learn to put the boat back on the trailer without getting your shorts wet. :D

Forkin' Crazy
04-01-2005, 11:13 PM
sounds like cc322 has the answer to your delema! I hate leather seats I will never own a vehicle with leather seats after my leather couch I had! couldn't even bang my ole lady without leaving obviose evidence behind!! and if you say why didn't we clean it up "we played hard back then :D " and I wore her out so she couldn't muster up the energy to clean properly I guess! not to mention getting sweaty and sticky I couldn't stand to sit on the leather in the hot summer days and surley hated sitting on the leather on the cold ass winter days!!! swaid would't be bad though!!
TMI!!!!! :supp:
I love my leather. I'ved used saddle soap and oils... :shift:

a catered life
04-02-2005, 07:27 AM
remind me to bring my own chair at you next house party :jawdrop: