PDA

View Full Version : motor update

boatnam2
04-03-2005, 02:10 PM
well i got bad news today,it wasnt the bellhousing coupler.if i flat spotted a cam lobe would it make a bad knock noise?just hoping for it to be something else besides the main rotating assembly.i guess at this point im in the hands of teague.

Mandelon
04-03-2005, 02:11 PM
What would cause that to happen? :confused:

boatnam2
04-03-2005, 02:13 PM
i dont know mandy.its just seems funny to me that you can turn a engine over and it sounds fine but as soon as it starts it knocks like hell.well it is almost summer so i figures it couldnt be a easy fix.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 02:18 PM
i dont know mandy.its just seems funny to me that you can turn a engine over and it sounds fine but as soon as it starts it knocks like hell.well it is almost summer so i figures it couldnt be a easy fix.
sounds like a rod. :idea:

Mandelon
04-03-2005, 02:19 PM
You are always thinking about rod. :D

boatnam2
04-03-2005, 02:20 PM
maybe so mrs v.i guess i will find out soon enough.pretty bummed about it right now.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 02:22 PM
maybe so mrs v.i guess i will find out soon enough.pretty bummed about it right now.
I am sorry to here about it.. I hope it is something small and not a big expense. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 02:23 PM
You are always thinking about rod. :D
yep.. :D :D

boatnam2
04-03-2005, 02:24 PM
i hope so too,thanks mrsv.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 02:26 PM
i hope so too,thanks mrsv.
we need you back on the water asap.. :D I need to hook up with the wifey. she has me hooked on Jager :supp: :D

GHTRIM
04-03-2005, 02:26 PM
well i got bad news today,it wasnt the bellhousing coupler.if i flat spotted a cam lobe would it make a bad knock noise?just hoping for it to be something else besides the main rotating assembly.i guess at this point im in the hands of teague.
Damn... That sucks... Hope you can get it fixed quickly... You know you gotta get on the water..

Hal
04-03-2005, 02:46 PM
A flat lobe usally will not make any noise. Any chance some thing could have gotten into a cylinder on top of a piston. Pull the plugs and see if any of them are damaged from something rattling around inside the clyinder. Also pull the valve covers and make sure all the valves are going up and down. A stuck valve in the open position can make a lot of noise when the piston hits it. Like others have said you normally will not take a rod or crank out idling on the trailer. Maybe you could have wiped a bearing out if the motor sat for a long time and let the bearings get a little dry. I let my boat sit for months without starting it up and never have had that happen. Hope its not that bad.

charlyox
04-03-2005, 03:00 PM
That sucks Mac. Right when they are cutting back on the O.T. Good luck I hope thay have you floating again real soon.

boatnam2
04-03-2005, 03:54 PM
i will look at a few things tuesday myself and then take it in.i know dan no overtime and broken motor is not a good combo.

Procraftkev
04-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Sorry to hear that, I was hopeing is was going to be the coupler.

JetBoatRich
04-03-2005, 06:25 PM
i will look at a few things tuesday myself and then take it in.i know dan no overtime and broken motor is not a good combo.
Overtime :confused: what's that :idea:
Jim sorry about the motor :mad: