PDA

View Full Version : LA or San Diego?

cjordan
04-03-2005, 02:16 PM
I have a business trip coming up May 2-4 at Monarch Beach, staying at the St Regis. Anyway, I thought I'd bring the wife out since she's never been to Cali and spend the weekend before in either LA or SD. What do you guys think would be better? No wars now.... :argue: :) Or should we just stay in the Orange County area....any suggestions are much appreciated.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 02:17 PM
I have a business trip coming up May 2-4 at Monarch Beach, staying at the St Regis. Anyway, I thought I'd bring the wife out since she's never been to Cali and spend the weekend before in either LA or SD. What do you guys think would be better? No wars now.... :argue: :) Or should we just stay in the Orange County area....any suggestions are much appreciated.
where is Monarch Beach?

Mandelon
04-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Its in Laguna Beach. There is plenty to see along the coastline and shops there. Monarch is beautiful.

Havasu Hangin'
04-03-2005, 02:20 PM
I personally like the Monarch Beach/Laguna area. Drive north on PCH to Huntington Beach...it's all good.

cjordan
04-03-2005, 02:28 PM
where is Monarch Beach?
Dana point, CA is what the hotel site says.. :confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Dana point, CA is what the hotel site says.. :confused:
I would do what HH said.. huntington is very nice :)

XtrmWakeborder
04-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Deffinately stay on the coast. My g/f and i cruised and shopped Laguna and Huntington this weekend, it was awsome weather!

ShannyShan
04-03-2005, 02:34 PM
If your choices are San Diego or La, I would pick San Diego. There is lots to do. You can go down to Old Town and walk around, then eat at Old Town Cafe (mmm fresh tortilla's and great Margarita's). You can go down to Pacific Beach, or to the harbor area(Anthony's is great to eat there-Fish House). Of course there is the Zoo, and the Wild Animal park. L.A. has lots to do as well, but I just think San Diego is more relaxing and more beautiful.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 02:35 PM
If your choices are San Diego or La, I would pick San Diego. There is lots to do. You can go down to Old Town and walk around, then eat at Old Town Cafe (mmm fresh tortilla's and great Margarita's). You can go down to Pacific Beach, or to the harbor area(Anthony's is great to eat there-Fish House). Of course there is the Zoo, and the Wild Animal park. L.A. has lots to do as well, but I just think San Diego is more relaxing and more beautiful.
I agree.. But I have to say L.A sucks when it comes to things to do. :D

Mrs. casean
04-03-2005, 02:35 PM
I grew up in that area and it is pretty central to LA & SD so you could get the best of both. The beach is beautiful and as mentioned before, great little shops in Laguna Beach. Dinner recommendations in the Dana Point area would be Gen Kai if you like Sushi, and Sonny's if you want great pizza & pasta. The best in the area, not your typical pizza place, nicer and tastier. Those are my suggestions, I have lots since I grew up there, anymore just ask :D Have a great trip!

cc322
04-03-2005, 03:35 PM
I would do SD over LA, you could go to Sea World or Seaport Village. If your looking for a great place to eat dinner in Dana Point I would try the Harbor Grill very good seafood and we eat there alot. You can also take the Happy hour sunset boat cruise around the harbor have a few drinks and listen to the band and watch the sunset into the pacific. For mexican food I would sugest Las Brias in Laguna Beach. Have fun. :D

a catered life
04-03-2005, 03:36 PM
i second the above la :yuk: is nothing compared to san diego if you want to sight see and have a great meal. they have some great bars and restaurants near the coast starting from the airport working your way down. one of my favorite locations in southern calif :) .........since you havent been here make sure you have a few real maragritas and some carnitas with homemade tortillas and fresh salsa enjoy your trip and be safe

bunny 166
04-03-2005, 03:37 PM
I would never leave Monarch beach to go to LA.....way too beautiful there! Have a wonderful trip! :wink:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 03:40 PM
maybe you can find one of these.
http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/bigbr.jpg

Wavemaker
04-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Definately visit Laguna Beach. The main beach area is filled with small shops for some shopping, great restaurants for great meals some have ocean & beach views. Great hotels on the beach with great views. Take a drive up to Newport Beach, Stop off in Corona Del Mar. A fantastic park is there that overlooks the Newport Harbor entrance & jetty, absolutely fantastic for a romantic picnic, or a bottle of wine and watch the sunset. Also, go to Balboa Island, and park on the main street. It's just over the bridge from where Jamboree Blvd. runs down the hill from Pacific Coast Highway, to the narrow bridge leading to the island. Park along this street. Walk around the island looking at the water and homes on the waterfront. A great way to spend an evening. There are small very quaint restaurants on the island. Very good food, and ambiance. There are fairly priced too. I can guarantee you will have a great time and your wife will enjoy the whole day, evening and after dinner stroll around the island. Just for fun, ride the Balboa Ferry boats across the bay and back. Just spend the evening exploring the area. -Wavemaker