PDA

View Full Version : Censorship

Rexone
04-25-2006, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by LVjetboy1 (an alias for LVjetboy) in Just Jets. Thread removed because off topic there.
Here it is:
Maybe someone will read this before moderators delete it, modify it, lock it or do all of the above censorship aand move it to benchracers where funny one-liner posters dismiss everything serious by calling it gay. Hot Boat moderators have that power over free speach.
Rexone banned me from posting so if you want to pm me, you can't. Rexone deleted his posts to me including a post about a 30 day vacation...that of course to make him look better. But he baned me from posting for 30 days. He's a moderator so he has the power to not only delete or modify his posts like us, but also move a thread to oblivion or lock a thread so his post to that thread has the last word. Nice huh? How'd you like to have that power over your spouse? Not to mention other monitoring or observing capability we forum users don't have.
Yet since this a private forum as he was elected by Hot Boat to endorce their vision well, everything he says rules. After all, it's Hot Boat and what Hot Boat says IS what we sheep agree right? Baaahaaaa. BS unless you sheep agree this's the only forum that matters...
What Rexone really meant from now deleted Lvjetboy posts was, Lvjetboy is now banned from posting to this forum for a month. That post about a 30 day ban is now gone because Rexone deleted it to make him look good but it still holds.
Thing is, and why I took the time to by-pass your petty ban Rexone and post under Lvjetboy1 (Not a fake handle like some v-drivers but my own handle many here know):
I don't care about your silly-ass ban of Lvjetboy Rexone. Instead I choose not to post to this forum because I don't have time to post BS instead of content. Or be banned because of Hot Boats rules and your support of those rules.
In other words, I don't care about what you care about. Is that clear?
I will not post here again.
jer handle LVjetboy, Lvjetboy1, as in not a fake post v-drive handle you know what I mean.
---------------------------------------
My response is as follows:
You were banned for 30 days for the reasons described in the posts to follow. I have deleted nothing. Here's a link (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1913679&highlight=provider#post1913679) to assist you in finding you own off topic post and my reponse. The rules are made by ***boat, not Rexone or anyone else. We've been asked to enforce them and that's the way it is. Can't please everyone I guess.
In response you your last question "In other words, I don't care about what you care about. Is that clear?"
Yes it's quite clear.
Also circumventing a ban is against the rules. Admin has made this quite clear himself in the past. If you continue to create more screenames they will be banned as well and your IP or IP range if necessary. It's too bad because you really had some good tech stuff.
Adios.
----------------------------------------------------
Text from the other thread for those who missed the above link...
Maybe I will stay away. I'm sure most moderators would welcome that. Although I think I can help people, posting here really is a waste of time. These days seems like content providers win the media war. Moderators elected by a content provider like Hammer and Rex dictate how that content is represented. Sure moderators have a hard and thankless job, not something I or most would want or volunteer for.
But I wrote a lot of thought into my posts to this and other threads. Some of that thought deleted or moved to other threads in the name of wrong content. So why waste my time posting? In the end my time posting thoughts to one thread or another were arbitrarily deleted or moved to another forum because "they" don't think my thoughts are appropriate to their chosen forum vision, even though I thought my ideas were important enough to post as I took the time to do that.
Are you freakin' moderators more important than me and my time! Or do you know more than me about how forum interests flow? Fuk-off!
I'm thinking what the f-uck do moderators know better than me about my comments moved or deleted? Forums should be a free exchange of information. Not moderator petty ass bullsh*t censorship and moderating of what I think or post to fit their so-called vision of what should or should not be posted for the best of us all.
I say that's bullshit. My censorship thread was deleted too so good luck with this one...it's bad for your health.
jer
My response (that I did not delete)...
But I wrote a lot of thought into my posts to this and other threads. Some of that thought deleted or moved to other threads in the name of wrong content. So why waste my time posting? In the end my time posting thoughts to one thread or another were arbitrarily deleted or moved to another forum because "they" don't think my thoughts are appropriate to their chosen forum vision, even though I thought my ideas were important enough to post as I took the time to do that.
Let me lay it out here for you Jer. This isn't your forum. It belongs to ***boat. ***boat has appointed moderators to keep things on topic as best possible based on their judgement. They were chosen because they exhibited level headedness and not a tendency to be volitile or unfair. The only thing moved were threads that your attacks and rant / tyrades about censorship took off topic. You've continually attacked people here since I've been around. You call it controversial. I call it plain ass rude, crude, and unacceptable. Free speech doesn't apply on private websites of which this forum is one. You can abide by the rules and post within topic or your content will be addressed by those ***boat put in charge to do the job (which your content was over the past day by Hammerdown).
Further, the tech forums like Just Jets are for in this case Jet related posting. They are not for ranting, attacking others and continually bitching about the way the ***boat forum is managed and censorship issues which don't apply here. It is not what the membership goes to Just Jets to read about. While your tech info is great when you choose not to attack people it is negatively overshadowed by the above.
I'm thinking what the f-uck do moderators know better than me about my comments moved or deleted? Forums should be a free exchange of information. Not moderator petty ass bullsh*t censorship and moderating of what I think or post to fit their so-called vision of what should or should not be posted for the best of us all.
Again refer to above. It is the moderators decision what is posted where, when and by whom. That's what moderators do. If you desire free speech where you can scream and rant and have temper tantrums and call others obscene names at will, perhaps you should start your own forum. I'm sure it would be very popular.
I say that's bullshit. My censorship thread was deleted too so good luck with this one...it's bad for your health.
I'll revive it for you in BR because in my judgement there's useful content there. It's a good example of how members shouldn't disrespect others, particularly the moderators, on a free website where posting is a privledge for everyone, not a right. You deleting the thread really props up your no-censorship argument too. You seem to think it's ok for you to censor others thoughts on your behavior but God help everyone if a moderator moves any of your disrespectful ranting off topic posts.
Are you freakin' moderators more important than me and my time! Or do you know more than me about how forum interests flow?
No more important. However ***boat apparently feels we do a fair job of keeping things in line when necessary without being overbearing or out of control.
Fuk-off!
jer
I'll take that into consideration when you return, if you do, from your 30 day vacation. I can pretty much guarantee if you come back with the same sort of posting and disrespect for the forum membership your return will be short.
--------------------------------
That pretty much sums it up, end of story. This topic is closed.