PDA

View Full Version : Waco races

Jim Hall
04-25-2006, 05:07 AM
I was planning on going but I heard that water was low and now their saying that it's going to rain! Has anyone else heard about the water conditions?

Cheyenne372
04-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Jim:
Whoever told you that doesn't know their ass from third base!
The river is about 1 foot low as of yesterday morning. I spoke personally with the man in charge of that and he said that the river should be completely full on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. In any case, that won't affect the racing, it'll only affect a little at the ramps.
As for the weather, I don't have a direct line to Mother Nature or Father Time and all I can do is look at the weather reports from meteorologists......but remember, they can be wrong 1/2 of the time and still get paid!
The race is not cancelled or postponed.....come on up and have a good time!

Rocket
04-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Yes, Please come see all the Boys (and girls) race their new Toys!!!! :rollside:
http://upload3.postimage.org/165658_a28964c5c9f96cd38f8777611f710c94/100_2566.jpg

DUECE'SDAD
04-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Dont let prog bee in, i heard he was going, make shure he still thinks there is major rain forcasted and no water to run in ! ! !

Greaser
04-25-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm coming, rain or shine!!!!!! Hope some of you guys in the pits dont mind if I stop in and say Hi!!!!

RAMROD
04-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Really big storm about to hit here. If you know Texas weather though, we can have a tornado and treacherous rainfall, and an hour later it can be sunshine and 100 degrees.

Shark Attack 065
04-25-2006, 05:04 PM
It's on like Donkey Kong ! I will be there with a new boat along with Spanky Spanky II new ride , Greaser you better swing by and hang out with us some ,we are staying in the pits this yr. now that Spanky picked up a new trailer so it won't be hard to find us . that invite goes for anyone there also , once that last run is made it's a party party with the 065 and 456 crew ! :skull:

progplb
04-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Dont let prog bee in, i heard he was going, make shure he still thinks there is major rain forcasted and no water to run in ! ! !
I've already got reservations at the Victorian Inn and Linda is finally leaving town with me I am not going to pass up the chance to get her out of town and have some fun.. So rain or shine we will be partying in Texas this weekend. ..... It is her birthday next week and this is her b-day present.
Everyone want to have a little fun email her on the Tuesday the second wishing her a happy b-day. finclwb@af-group.com

Shark Attack 065
04-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I've already got reservations at the Victorian Inn and Linda is finally leaving town with me I am not going to pass up the chance to get her out of town and have some fun.. So rain or shine we will be partying in Texas this weekend. ..... It is her birthday next week and this is her b-day present.
Everyone want to have a little fun email her on the Tuesday the second wishing her a happy b-day. finclwb@af-group.com
I can see it now ..sorry but that mail box is full !

Greaser
04-26-2006, 08:58 AM
It's on like Donkey Kong ! I will be there with a new boat along with Spanky Spanky II new ride , Greaser you better swing by and hang out with us some ,we are staying in the pits this yr. now that Spanky picked up a new trailer so it won't be hard to find us . that invite goes for anyone there also , once that last run is made it's a party party with the 065 and 456 crew ! :skull:
You know I will!!!!!

Rocket
04-26-2006, 09:26 AM
FRI
Windy :(
Thunderstorms
Precip 30%
Hi 81°
Lo 67°
SAT
Thunderstorms
Precip 30%
Hi 78°
Lo 63°
SUN
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/30.gif
Partly Cloudy
Precip 10%
Hi 81°
Lo 57°
But remember This is TEXAS so,,,,,,,,,, If you don't like the Weather,,Just wait an hour or so!!! :rollside:

DUECE'SDAD
04-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Sweet now i got your girlfriends email addy, you better watch out ! ! !

progplb
04-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Me and the crazy woman will be by....

Shark Attack 065
04-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Sounds good everyone hope to see ya there ! Will pull out of here at 7:00 am !

progplb
04-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Sweet now i got your girlfriends email addy, you better watch out ! ! !
Your a little young and inexperienced ... She'll throw ya back.

sdba069
04-27-2006, 07:19 AM
Well, we got Rodney Hartline's blown alky Placecraft ready, but we still don't have the motor pieces back from the machine shop for Steve Douglas's 8 second blown alky Placecraft or Peter Gehan's new Cheyenne Pro Gas Jet. Steve's parts are supposed to be ready today, but he called me a few minutes ago and told me not to worry about trying to get it together for this weekend so that relieves a fair amount of pressure. We'll probably see some of you guys down there. One good thing, if Talledaga doesn't rain out, I'll be parked in front of the big screen Sunday watching that.

ekimzark
04-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Posted up my first set of pics from the SDBA opener
DragBoatPhoto.com (http://www.dragboatphoto.com)

Jet Hydro
04-29-2006, 02:04 PM
So hows the Weather down there? I was gonna come play but the rain and wind told me not to make the long drive. :mad:

Cheyenne372
04-30-2006, 03:13 AM
So hows the Weather down there? I was gonna come play but the rain and wind told me not to make the long drive. :mad:
120 boats made the drive....from places farther away than you.... :cool: ....and we made three rounds of qualifying on Saturday.
I'd say the weather was great!

Jet Hydro
04-30-2006, 01:16 PM
....from places farther away than you.... Thats nice,
I wouldn't have expected any other comment form you :argue:
I guess they didn't miss any of my money then. :rollside:
It`s the first time in six years I didn`t make the trip. :cry: Oh well, back to fixing the Camaro for next weekend :p :skull: :rollside:

nOv1c3
04-30-2006, 06:06 PM
First post but long time lurker :p
For the ones that didnt make the race, I,m sorry you all missed it ,
For the most part it was a great weekend of racing , The weather did play with us for a bit the first 2 days , But sunday was perfect
They did lose a pro mod boat on saturday , Believe it was on a 160+ mph pass through the traps when it hit a roller then caught a gust of wind at the same time , It came up then he stuffed it :( Thankfully the Driver was okay , More than i can say about the boat
heres a few pics of whats left , Click on thumb to make em biger
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2833/p10100884wf.th.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100884wf.jpg)
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1513/p10100890ma.th.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100890ma.jpg)

sdba069
04-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Congratulations to all the winners. Especially want to congratulate all of my guys that won today, Kevin Crane who debuutted a new boat and won RR, David Straube with his new setup on his Mantra with the win in SE, and Rodney Hartline who debutted his new BAJ and won the PCE class. Proud to be involved with all of these guys. Glad to see that Travis is okay after his crash. I was only there for a few hours Saturday afternoon and evening, but sure enjoyed seeing everyone. Look out for this crew when we get to Brady in a month. We should have the whole crew there with our other BAJ and the new Cheyenne PGJ.

nOv1c3
04-30-2006, 10:42 PM
I just want to add that this was my first drag boat racing event that i have ever attended and i come away with nothing but respect for the SDBA personal and each and every Team that was there this weekend ,
To be honest I cant say enough good things about this Organization or the teams that raced this weekend ,
I did'nt find not one rude person the whole 3 days of the event , On the contrary , These teams for the morjority Treated everyone like they were part of the family ,
I walked through the pits for 3 days taking pics and and chating up small talk , Even though it was obviest they was busy with maintenance and tuning , I didnt find not one team that was anoyed with me standing around or any of my questions , Questions that you can bet they have been ask a million times before lol
Every person was polite and graceful with a smile and thats a rare bread of people in this day and age
I am Hooked on this sport!! And plan on attending the other 5 events of the season
ps: Excuse my typing and gramer skills , I,m a 2 finger typer and if i get close i let it slide :p plus i,m lazy and dont give a f*ck L , so spelling nazy beware :p

Cheyenne372
05-01-2006, 03:18 AM
[QUOTE=Jet Hydro]"...Thats nice,
I wouldn't have expected any other comment form you :argue:..."
{/QUOTE]
Steve:
Thanks for the compliment! At least you know that you'll get an honest response from me when you base whether or not you come to race on a weather forecast!
You do realize that a weatherman has a 50-50 chance of getting the forecast right....but he gets paid either way....right?
We had two days of great weather, great racing, good crowds and my point was that 120 boats....actually 124 boats....chose to support the EVENT, because they knew that unless there was no chance of getting it done....the SDBA WOULD GET IT DONE!
Sorry you missed out on all of that!

Rocket
05-01-2006, 03:53 AM
The Weather turned out perfect!!!
SDBA did a great Job! :cool: Thanks to all who volinteered to make it a great race!!
The new "Score Board" is Bitch'n,,,it really works great and helps the Spectators stay involved in the RAce's!!! I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finished 3rd in M/E on 5 cylinders! :rollside: BrentFugate got 1st and Chase Copland got second!!! :boxed:

Rocket
05-01-2006, 03:55 AM
First post but long time lurker :p
For the ones that didnt make the race, I,m sorry you all missed it ,
For the most part it was a great weekend of racing , The weather did play with us for a bit the first 2 days , But sunday was perfect
They did lose a pro mod boat on saturday , Believe it was on a 160+ mph pass through the traps when it hit a roller then caught a gust of wind at the same time , It came up then he stuffed it :( Thankfully the Driver was okay , More than i can say about the boat
heres a few pics of whats left , Click on thumb to make em biger
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2833/p10100884wf.th.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100884wf.jpg)
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1513/p10100890ma.th.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100890ma.jpg)
That is "Short Fuse" Ownend by Gary Tuttle and Piloted by Travis Tuttle!!
He was running 160 plus!!! It was a God send that Travis made it out un harmed!!!! Thanks God for Capsules!

Jet Hydro
05-01-2006, 06:12 AM
At least you know that you'll get an honest response from me when you base whether or not you come to race on a weather forecast!
You do realize that a weatherman has a 50-50 chance of getting the forecast right....but he gets paid either way....right?
Been there done that!!! :220v:
Is that your car tire going down the track? :)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213P1020219.JPG

sdba069
05-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Damndest thing about outdoor activities, weather is usually the dominant factor in the outcome. You know the cool thing about boat racing though, I've never had to wait for the track to dry to make a pass.

Cheyenne372
05-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Been there done that!!! :220v:
Is that your car tire going down the track? :)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213P1020219.JPG
My dad has a saying....That was There and Then and this is Here and Now!
Don't know how far back you had to go to get that, but the track didn't look anything like that this weekend! The water was clear of debris...even after we had rain and a tornado within 5 miles of the track on Friday night.
And about the tire deal....be nice Steve....remember, I'm your class rep and someday you might need me!

Cheyenne372
05-01-2006, 08:36 AM
2-R's:
I've got your cable....I had one here that worked a little better and used it.
Missed you on Saturday. Was probably working on my junk that didn't want to run.
See you in Brady and let me know what the shipping was and I'll send you a check.

Jet Hydro
05-01-2006, 04:32 PM
That was 2003 I believe? I remember a dock and fridge coming down track also...lol
We still had a good time trashing around town.
I bet the guy that owned the fridge was pissed when he went out in the front yard to get another beer and his fridge was gone....ROTFLMAO
Snowman I hear ya, the Car Drag`s this weekend were called because of water on the track...lol.... maybe I`ll get to go brake some more parts this weekend? :220v: :cry: :rollside:

sdba069
05-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Hey 1R. Sorry I missed you. I wasn't there too long. Don't worry about the cable deal, no big thing. Heard a story about your newest ex hired hand today. Give me a call when you get a chance and I'll bring you up to date. Hi Steve.

sdba069
05-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Don't forget, Steve....... I also have a car......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2312IMAGE00142.jpg

ekimzark
05-02-2006, 02:11 PM
finished uploading all of my pics from the waco race please visit my website dragboatphoto.com (http://www.dragboatphoto.com ) to check them out.

Jet Hydro
05-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Gary it look`s like most of us Kansas boat racers are going to the cars now days. This is my oldest in training for the big car.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213P1030465-med.JPG
This is Berry Rempel who is just down the block. He`s the guy I was tuning for at OK City last year. The guy spotting him is Mark Moor who now drives a dragster with a brad in the back seat. His shop is a crossed the street from mine. He also use to run a blown Hydro a few years back.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213P1030474-med.JPG
Then there is my Camaro up in the corner as my avatar. Three boat racers in one block all now playing with the cars...lol.. Some one better get some Kansas boat races going fast before we all convert....lol

nOv1c3
05-03-2006, 08:09 PM
That is "Short Fuse" Ownend by Gary Tuttle and Piloted by Travis Tuttle!!
He was running 160 plus!!! It was a God send that Travis made it out un harmed!!!! Thanks God for Capsules!
Thankie Rocket for the info . I am new to all this drag boat stuff but I new the name of the boat but not the owner driver , I saw the whole crew in the pits siting around under the awning by the trailer the time i took those pics but thought it best not to bother any of them considering what they just lost
I did chat with a kid while taking the pics , He was trying to sell a few t-shirts and what i can gather , The Short fuse team may not be back the rest of the season and that is a great lost :( The whole weekend he was cuting good lights and running great times
This was my first event , But i am very empressed with the pro mod field
pro mod seemed to be the class that is growing the most and the times they are pulling in is just a click or two away from TAF TAH , you have to be empress with that
Anyways I truly enjoyed myself the whole 3 days and want to thank every team that raced that weekend .Even the jets that did a 100 mph pases lmao who would of thunk that was even nvm :p
ps: oh oh The most memorabled race of the weekend was , I believe it was a second chance race ?? We had a Jet boat pited againsts a wave runner , A wave runner driven by a very cute Teenage Girl and she beat his arse lmao , That was great ,Its was a very close race But My bet he well never live that down lol

Rocket
05-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Thankie Rocket for the info . I am new to all this drag boat stuff but I new the name of the boat but not the owner driver , I saw the whole crew in the pits siting around under the awning by the trailer the time i took those pics but thought it best not to bother any of them considering what they just lost
I did chat with a kid while taking the pics , He was trying to sell a few t-shirts and what i can gather , The Short fuse team may not be back the rest of the season and that is a great lost :( The whole weekend he was cuting good lights and running great times
This was my first event , But i am very empressed with the pro mod field
pro mod seemed to be the class that is growing the most and the times they are pulling in is just a click or two away from TAF TAH , you have to be empress with that
Anyways I truly enjoyed myself the whole 3 days and want to thank every team that raced that weekend .Even the jets that did a 100 mph pases lmao who would of thunk that was even nvm :p
ps: oh oh The most memorabled race of the weekend was , I believe it was a second chance race ?? We had a Jet boat pited againsts a wave runner , A wave runner driven by a very cute Teenage Girl and she beat his arse lmao , That was great ,Its was a very close race But My bet he well never live that down lol
I'm glad you enjoed yourself!!!
Travis Tuttle WILL Be BACK!!! (all they have to do is find a hull that suits them!)
I love SECOND CHANCE too!!! I've beating Pro-mods!!! :rollside: And been beaten by Jetskis! :mad: But it's a great game and pay's $1000.00 and up depending on the number of boats!!!
Here's somemore great photos of WACO>>> http://www.star-cards.net/StarCam/06Photos/WacoDuel/index.html